Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-02-2018, 02:23 PM

whereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwhereEaglesFly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
when you evaluate whether premier league loans are the best idea you also have to take into account they will miss two games against the club that owns them

I would have preferred we bought players rather than have gone for rlc and tfm
At what cost to get two players of their quality though?
Old 28-02-2018, 02:26 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereEaglesFly View Post
At what cost to get two players of their quality though?
Maybe better to get one player in a position we needed
Old 28-02-2018, 02:42 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
Maybe better to get one player in a position we needed
We've needed players in every position because of injuries!
Old 01-03-2018, 10:30 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Fosu is good enough for us and could improve. Had SP signed Niassie he would has scored 4 or 5 and we’d be sitting reasonably safe on around 33 points , Benteke probably also would have contributed more.

Fosu plays like he cares , the first requirement I believe
Old 01-03-2018, 10:58 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Fosu is good enough for us and could improve. Had SP signed Niassie he would has scored 4 or 5 and we’d be sitting reasonably safe on around 33 points , Benteke probably also would have contributed more.

Good post , TFM has a few faults but yes he gives his all . I get the impression that Sakho and Loftus Cheek feel we are lucky to have them .
Old 01-03-2018, 11:14 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post

I agree and he obviously wouldn't have scored 2 and made 2 against us either. Not sure when I'll stop saying it (probably never) but at the time it looked like utter stupidity to let that deal fall through, and now it looks even worse than that.

So what if they tried to rinse us for a couple million more at the last? We were in a position where we simply HAD to get a reasonable striker signed and the potential losses were and are far more than an extra couple - or even 5 - million pounds.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:38 AM

smoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I agree and he obviously wouldn't have scored 2 and made 2 against us either. Not sure when I'll stop saying it (probably never) but at the time it looked like utter stupidity to let that deal fall through, and now it looks even worse than that.

So what if they tried to rinse us for a couple million more at the last? We were in a position where we simply HAD to get a reasonable striker signed and the potential losses were and are far more than an extra couple - or even 5 - million pounds.
Spot on. We cut our nose off to spite our face as the saying goes. Complete false economy to have let Niasse slip away like that
Old 02-03-2018, 08:51 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:

Don't want to derail this thread, but as you mention Niasse I'd like to put on record that I favour the signing of Sorloth. Not as pacy, but he's 6'4", left footed, mobile for his size, works hard and has potential to improve. He can also play in multiple positions. Niasse is as good as he will ever be. He's a threat due to pace and power, but actually quite average. For the long term we made absolutely the right call.

As for TFM, I really really like him. He works hard, and is very young. And he has an asset you can't teach: searing pace. He will never make it as a centre back because he is atrocious in the air relative to the requirements of the position. But he has potential to be a decent right back, especially if he can improve his crossing. Actually though, I see his position long term being a defensive midfielder. He reads the game well, has the pace to get there and is normally fairly decent in the tackle. I think he hasn't shown enough for Man Utd to want to keep him for their first team. If we stay up I am hopeful we can do a deal for him.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:05 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Don't want to derail this thread, but as you mention Niasse I'd like to put on record that I favour the signing of Sorloth. Not as pacy, but he's 6'4", left footed, mobile for his size, works hard and has potential to improve. He can also play in multiple positions. Niasse is as good as he will ever be. He's a threat due to pace and power, but actually quite average. For the long term we made absolutely the right call.

As for TFM, I really really like him. He works hard, and is very young. And he has an asset you can't teach: searing pace. He will never make it as a centre back because he is atrocious in the air relative to the requirements of the position. But he has potential to be a decent right back, especially if he can improve his crossing. Actually though, I see his position long term being a defensive midfielder. He reads the game well, has the pace to get there and is normally fairly decent in the tackle. I think he hasn't shown enough for Man Utd to want to keep him for their first team. If we stay up I am hopeful we can do a deal for him.
Agree on both points. Would rather have Sørloth than Niasse. I know it’s only been two games but the kids got something about him. It just feels right.

Interesting to hear Roy put people’s expectations re. TFM into perspective when he reminded the press that he’s actually younger than Wan-Bissaka.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 02-03-2018, 09:35 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:

So if you had a business deal all done and dusted, everything shook on and the final contracts being signed only for some bloke that's been squeezing every penny out of you for this deal turned round and said at the zero hour "oh and before this gets signed, I want £2million for my part in this" you would happily agree?
Old 02-03-2018, 09:37 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Is that you Mr Goldberg?

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 02-03-2018, 11:03 AM

smoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsmoll will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
So if you had a business deal all done and dusted, everything shook on and the final contracts being signed only for some bloke that's been squeezing every penny out of you for this deal turned round and said at the zero hour "oh and before this gets signed, I want £2million for my part in this" you would happily agree?
We had no choice but to say yes
Old 02-03-2018, 11:14 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post

At 19 they will keep him, and probably loan him out again next year to further his developement.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:15 AM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Wan Bissaka is younger than TFM according to Roy - But surely obvious that TFM is far superior. That's not a disrespecting Wan Bissaka who may well go on do well - I personally think TFM is an excellent player and could go on and be a top player for big club - I would sign him in heartbeat should we have the chance.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:16 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoll View Post
No we didn't, whilst disappointing we can't be put to ransom by a bloody agent.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:31 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Wan Bissaka is younger than TFM according to Roy - But surely obvious that TFM is far superior. That's not a disrespecting Wan Bissaka who may well go on do well - I personally think TFM is an excellent player and could go on and be a top player for big club - I would sign him in heartbeat should we have the chance.
TFM is 2 months younger.

I don’t get the stick TFM gets from some on here. For someone so young, I think he’s been largely very good for us. Defence is arguably the hardest position to break through in as a youngster, due to the huge responsibility. That performance vs Man City, at the age of 19, was one of the most mature performances I’ve ever seen from a Palace fullback. In fact, I’d say it’s the best performance I’ve seen from a Palace right back since we’ve come up - against arguably the best team we’ve faced since we came up. His versatility has also proved handy - he played well on Sunday, against the best striker in the world at the moment & with a 20 year Old making his full debut next to him. Yet I’ve seen people give him a 4 on here?! Moronic. If Delaney or Dann had put in that performance, they’d probably be giving them MOTM. I’m not sure whether it’s the fact he’s a Man Utd player that’s making people dislike him - if so, slightly pathetic.

One of the few successful loans we’ve had of late & I’m grateful we’ve got him.

Last edited by gilesy14; 02-03-2018 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:32 AM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Yep. Can play in two positions comfortably as well. Valuable to us.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:33 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoll View Post
Easy for someone to say who has no idea of the finances of the club. Other clubs like QPR threw money at the problem, it didnt get them very far.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:35 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
TFM is 2 months younger.
But played 46 times more top level proffesional football matches than him whilst two months younger.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:36 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The problem i find is TFM came with a reputation or maybe it was the expectations of many on here including Myself mainly due to him playing for Man Utd but also being a Dutch International. However if we are to judge him on his performances since joining either at RB or recently at CB then he has been nothing short of average. Yes he is young 21or 22 and will improve but is he really what we needed or expected in our situation? ok i accept we dont have too many alternatives, but we as a club needed much more of a finished or experienced end product to give our defence more solidity, very similar to the Burnley principle.
My view is, ideally TFM needed a good championship side to learn his trade to improve his game and Not be thrown into the premiership with a side like Palace with its very uncertain defence and keeper. However, as we have him we support him fully until his loan expires, but as and when Ward is fully fit he should step straight back in.