Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-11-2017, 02:16 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Flicking through The Mail on Sunday (I had to buy it for my mother-in-law) I read a Brexit article by Dan Hodges who is styled 'Political Commentator of the year'.

He also repeated the claim that the 20 billion is the divorce offer. To make matters worse instead of euros he has it down as pounds.

Even worse still is a kiss and tell by an ex-lover of Farage. The sub-headline 'he was in bed wearing white Y-fronts' has almost put me off my Sunday lunch.
A. "I had to buy it for my mother-in-law" is an excuse I can't use as I'm not married & so much better than my feeble "it's for research"

B. Maybe Hodges is reflecting on brief £:€ parity which won't please his readership

C. White Y-fronts are a schoolboy error as they can leave tell-tale signs of leakage after a certain age ... does that thought help?
Old 13-11-2017, 12:39 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
From the excellent Simon Usherwood of Surrey Uni

Old 13-11-2017, 01:11 PM
Wagon Painter

As of today, there are 471 amendments tabled on the "Repeal" Bill.
Old 14-11-2017, 08:04 AM
Wagon Painter

From yesterday in Parliament, there's a sense many MPs realise now they were idiots to vote for triggering A50 before they had got Government to present a plan, and use their power to hold Ministers to that. They surrendered their sovereignty the stupid gits.
Old 14-11-2017, 08:22 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
From yesterday in Parliament, there's a sense many MPs realise now they were idiots to vote for triggering A50 before they had got Government to present a plan, and use their power to hold Ministers to that. They surrendered their sovereignty the stupid gits.
There are many more outside parliament too, that are now feeling idiotic.

The trouble is, many in the government can see the tsunami coming, but are content to drown, rather than retreat to the higher ground. History won't be kind to us over this.
Old 14-11-2017, 08:29 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
I made this exact point to my local MP last week, when I met him. He weakly denied it. He barely resisted to my assertions of gross negligence.

It was then I knew that we were truly ****ed, as he had nothing of substance to say. Not even insane, bombastic rhetoric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 14-11-2017, 08:36 AM
Wagon Painter

I have said before, several times, that before every - EVERY - UK negotiation on an EU proposal, even a non-legislative & non-binding one, Parliament got Ministers to explain Government objectives & they would not approve the decision unless those objectives were met to their satisfaction. Unbelievable that on this, the biggest decision on the EU that the UK has ever managed, that Parliament has taken until now to assert this authority.
Old 18-11-2017, 09:36 AM
Wagon Painter

Super graphic from FT, based on the research by the always excellent Alex Barker, explaining how HMG seeks to reduce UK's financial commitments.
Old 18-11-2017, 09:45 AM
Wagon Painter

Here's an explainer from Twitter (former UK Rep official Steve Bullock) which is very readable even for a non-numbers bod like me.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 21-11-2017, 09:38 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
With talk of an increased offer l just noticed although a 20bn euro offer was flagged up in advance of May’s Florence speech she never actually mentioned a number.

Looks like an own goal to me with the sum now doubling causing uproar, particularly in her own party.

All Davis had to say was we have gone through this line by line and have agreed the methodology with the exception of x,y and z that we need to negotiate further.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 21-11-2017, 10:18 AM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
All Davis had to say was we have gone through this line by line and have agreed the methodology with the exception of x,y and z that we need to negotiate further.
Indeed. The press narrative, repeated regularly by certain individual MPs not directly involved in the negotiation, that the various figures suggested for both sides are just plucked out of the air rather based on methodologies isn't helping anyone.

In my opinion there is no reason not to go public on the methodology, we have either contractually agreed to pick up certain costs or we haven't.

Continued opacity and platitudes after 18 months just make it look like our people have something to hide or have no plan, and that can't be right, can it?