Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 03-10-2016, 02:29 PM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll View Post
Indeed. May's ministerial performance was dreadful, somehow resulting in promotion to PM. If only we had a credible opposition.
What twaddle, like it or not May has been one of the most successful Home Sec ever. Few have lasted longer and none in recent times.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:40 PM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
And which bit exactly do you disagree with?
TBH I only read the messages at the end.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:10 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
TBH I only read the messages at the end.
Then I suggest you read the article which if anything hints at making a case against Remainers. On the issues of law and sovereignty the issues it raises are based on a factual reading of how statute works in the UK.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Hello Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
Then I suggest you read the article which if anything hints at making a case against Remainers. On the issues of law and sovereignty the issues it raises are based on a factual reading of how statute works in the UK.
I've read it now. Interesting enough but nothing I can possibly have a worthwhile opinion on. If everything goes back to parliament as one part of it suggests we'll never get anywhere so some action has to be taken by the executive. I can see that the final agreement would have to go to parliament but even then if parliament doesn't agree the EU aren't obliged to comprise.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:04 PM

cdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login

The UK prime minister announces she will trigger an exit from the EU before getting any guarantees

Theresa May has one great advantage as a politician. She looks serious and responsible. But appearances can be deceptive. If you examine how the UK prime minister is handling Brexit, a different sort of politician emerges.

By announcing that she will start the formal negotiations for Britain to leave the EU by March 2017, the prime minister has walked into a trap. She has given away what little leverage Britain has in the negotiations — without receiving any of the assurances that she needs to achieve a successful outcome.

Once Mrs May triggers Article 50, she has precisely two years to negotiate a new deal with the EU. Senior civil servants have told the prime minister that it is highly unlikely that the UK will be able to negotiate both the terms of its divorce and a new trade deal with the EU within the two-year deadline. As a result, they warned the prime minister that she must have assurances on what an interim trade agreement with the EU would look like in the long period between the UK leaving the bloc and a definitive new deal being put into place.

Mrs May has chosen to ignore this advice. In doing so, she has knowingly placed Britain at a massive disadvantage in the forthcoming negotiations.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:14 PM

dave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdave_who_ru came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm61 View Post
Once Mrs May triggers Article 50, she has precisely two years to negotiate a new deal with the EU. Senior civil servants have told the prime minister that it is highly unlikely that the UK will be able to negotiate both the terms of its divorce and a new trade deal with the EU within the two-year deadline. As a result, they warned the prime minister that she must have assurances on what an interim trade agreement with the EU would look like in the long period between the UK leaving the bloc and a definitive new deal being put into place.

Mrs May has chosen to ignore this advice. In doing so, she has knowingly placed Britain at a massive disadvantage in the forthcoming negotiations.
Who needs experts

LFC fansite
Old 03-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've read it now. Interesting enough but nothing I can possibly have a worthwhile opinion on. If everything goes back to parliament as one part of it suggests we'll never get anywhere so some action has to be taken by the executive. I can see that the final agreement would have to go to parliament but even then if parliament doesn't agree the EU aren't obliged to comprise.
True but Parliament could debate (at least in committee) the A50 objectives and the Government should assure Parliament it has done all it can to achieve those. Also, my understanding is that while the withdrawal agreement is voted on by Council and the EP, the framework for our future relationship is 'taken account of' so is not subject to rejection, therefore that part should also be agreed by our Parliament.

However, the key bit of this is post-Brexit. We give "our" sovereignty (in England at least) to our elected representatives. The government have some scope to decide under prerogative but deciding legislation by themselves without recourse to parliament also effectively takes sovereignty away from us.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:32 PM
Banned by Moderators

willcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Perhaps the powers that be are of the opinion that the EU will be offering negotiations that are not something the Government of the United Kingdom will be able to get much out of anyway.

If the relationship is going to be (as it should be), reset entirely, then we are not going to be needing to play trading cards close to our chest.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:19 PM

rhino_mik came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhino_mik came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhino_mik came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhino_mik came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhino_mik came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhino_mik came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhino_mik came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhino_mik came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhino_mik came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhino_mik came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhino_mik came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why should our relationship with the EU be reset entirely?
Old 03-10-2016, 05:24 PM

swissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
What twaddle, like it or not May has been one of the most successful Home Sec ever. Few have lasted longer and none in recent times.

That would be the same home office after all the years May was there was as incapable of telling how many peope had entered and left the country each year from when she joined to when she left.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:48 PM
Banned by Moderators

willcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwillcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Why should our relationship with the EU be reset entirely?
It will be far easier to have a clean break.

Otherwise, the impossible conundrum of Free Movement will just be a running sore. And surely, nobody could seriously think any sort of half arsed Brexit lite/EU associate membership fudge would be a feasible option?
Old 03-10-2016, 06:44 PM

kiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiteagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
True but Parliament could debate (at least in committee) the A50 objectives and the Government should assure Parliament it has done all it can to achieve those. Also, my understanding is that while the withdrawal agreement is voted on by Council and the EP, the framework for our future relationship is 'taken account of' so is not subject to rejection, therefore that part should also be agreed by our Parliament.

However, the key bit of this is post-Brexit. We give "our" sovereignty (in England at least) to our elected representatives. The government have some scope to decide under prerogative but deciding legislation by themselves without recourse to parliament also effectively takes sovereignty away from us.
You need to take a step back for a moment. You have, admirably, sustained at least two ongoing threads on Brexit, so no doubt you've had a hurricane's worth of thoughts going on in your head. Now I recommend clean your mental blackboard and breathe normally again.

It really is very simple:

1. All our EU Membership arrangements stem from, flow from, originate in and are ratified by Treaties, the names of which have passed into the Hall of EU Infamy (Maastricht being perhaps the most infamous of all). It is the Treaty of Lisbon which gives force to Article 50 provisions, such as they are. So, to achieve Brexit we follow A.50 to the point when we are no longer a "Member" of the EU, on our own terms as allowed for in A50, and at that point neither Lisbon nor any other of the Treaties we have signed apply to us any longer. It is the Minister(s) of the Crown who sign a Treaty on behalf of the UK. Parliament does not need to authorise either the signing of a Treaty or the withdrawal. That is a matter we have agreed to by international law known as the Vienna Convention.

2. The domestic UK law which ratified our original membership, a requirement which I conclude we placed uypon ourselves, was the European Communities Act 1972 (ECA). Obviously if its provisions - membership of the EU - no longer apply, then it ought to be repealed. That job is done in Parliament and that will require the usual parliamentary procedure. There may very well be a lot of Remainiac caterwauling during the Repeal process especially in the Lords, but the government has at its disposal the Parliament Act to knock out the Lords ultimately.

3. What body of rules and regulations wich we have signed into UK Law having received the 'words' from Brussels, and what body of rules and regulations which we have been obliged to obey and which we wish to continue to employ but which have remained Brussels-based legally i.e. no such corresponding, adopive UK Law has been enacted, we can keep or ditch as we wish. The combination of all of them into one big bundle of law makes sense. Then Parliament can go through each one as and when the need might arise and ditch it, amend it or keep it. Think of it as going to the luandry - put all your dirty washing (EU rules, red tape, bureacracy, corruption, etc) into a strong bag, and put in barrel of washing machine with liberal quantities of strong cleaning agents, stain remover, conditioner and so froth, and place on extra-long, ultra-high temperature cycle. Remove from machine, put out to dry, after vigourous shaking, and then iron the lot. Job done. UK is now back to full sovereignty.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:19 PM

Biggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is hereBiggineagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by willcpfc View Post
It will be far easier to have a clean break.

Otherwise, the impossible conundrum of Free Movement will just be a running sore. And surely, nobody could seriously think any sort of half arsed Brexit lite/EU associate membership fudge would be a feasible option?
Remoaners could.

ROLL ON DEATH !!
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
Old 03-10-2016, 07:39 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just get out and let them haggle with us which they will. We sound like a country that is trying to do a deal but yet want to pull out so just exit and let them come to us
Old 03-10-2016, 08:05 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad197o View Post
Just get out and let them haggle with us which they will. We sound like a country that is trying to do a deal but yet want to pull out so just exit and let them come to us
Let them beg.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:15 PM
Wagon Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteagle View Post
You need to take a step back for a moment. You have, admirably, sustained at least two ongoing threads on Brexit, so no doubt you've had a hurricane's worth of thoughts going on in your head. Now I recommend clean your mental blackboard and breathe normally again.

It really is very simple:

1. All our EU Membership arrangements stem from, flow from, originate in and are ratified by Treaties, the names of which have passed into the Hall of EU Infamy (Maastricht being perhaps the most infamous of all). It is the Treaty of Lisbon which gives force to Article 50 provisions, such as they are. So, to achieve Brexit we follow A.50 to the point when we are no longer a "Member" of the EU, on our own terms as allowed for in A50, and at that point neither Lisbon nor any other of the Treaties we have signed apply to us any longer. It is the Minister(s) of the Crown who sign a Treaty on behalf of the UK. Parliament does not need to authorise either the signing of a Treaty or the withdrawal. That is a matter we have agreed to by international law known as the Vienna Convention.

2. The domestic UK law which ratified our original membership, a requirement which I conclude we placed uypon ourselves, was the European Communities Act 1972 (ECA). Obviously if its provisions - membership of the EU - no longer apply, then it ought to be repealed. That job is done in Parliament and that will require the usual parliamentary procedure. There may very well be a lot of Remainiac caterwauling during the Repeal process especially in the Lords, but the government has at its disposal the Parliament Act to knock out the Lords ultimately.

3. What body of rules and regulations wich we have signed into UK Law having received the 'words' from Brussels, and what body of rules and regulations which we have been obliged to obey and which we wish to continue to employ but which have remained Brussels-based legally i.e. no such corresponding, adopive UK Law has been enacted, we can keep or ditch as we wish. The combination of all of them into one big bundle of law makes sense. Then Parliament can go through each one as and when the need might arise and ditch it, amend it or keep it. Think of it as going to the luandry - put all your dirty washing (EU rules, red tape, bureacracy, corruption, etc) into a strong bag, and put in barrel of washing machine with liberal quantities of strong cleaning agents, stain remover, conditioner and so froth, and place on extra-long, ultra-high temperature cycle. Remove from machine, put out to dry, after vigourous shaking, and then iron the lot. Job done. UK is now back to full sovereignty.
1. Under the Constitutional Reform & Governance Act Parliament does ratify Treaties. The Vienna Convention is different: in this context it basically prevents the Crown using any other exit than Article 50.

2. Yes of course Parliament will repeal the ECA that is a given but May has explicitly spoken against Parliament being too involved in the EU withdrawal agreement (under Article 50) and even implied that the Government won't discuss the future relationship part that must be politically agreed at the same time.

3. The current burning issue over the "great repeal act" is how the Government (mostly a future one) will review and repeal or replace the laws that are now EU derived once they become UK law on our exit. My point is that if Ministers use executive powers, as implied by statements at the Tory conference, then there will be little Parliamentary scrutiny and the people will have no representation in the legislative decisions taken.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:21 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Guardian Angels at work on this thread.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 03-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
Remoaners could.
They do tend to have more intelligence and imagination.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 03-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by willcpfc View Post
Perhaps the powers that be are of the opinion that the EU will be offering negotiations that are not something the Government of the United Kingdom will be able to get much out of anyway.

If the relationship is going to be (as it should be), reset entirely, then we are not going to be needing to play trading cards close to our chest.
This is nutty, even for you.
Would it be impertinent to ask if you have ever negotiated anything in the name of other people than yourself? It's quite a challenging responsibility.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:35 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
This is nutty, even for you.
Would it be impertinent to ask if you have ever negotiated anything in the name of other people than yourself? It's quite a challenging responsibility.
LOL I am not in Government.

So, its quite clear the EU has the red line of Free Movement, and it is equally clear that we are not going to accept that any more. Or do you seriously think a compromise can be reached?

I don't see any such compromise. So, that rather scuppers any notion that a "soft Brexit" is realistic. So a parting of the ways must happen - as soon as possible. Then we can negotiate with the EU like any other nation who is not a member state like.....

To view the link you have to Register or Login