Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 18-07-2001, 03:49 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Reading V Glastonbury

Right the woman rang up yesterday all excited about going to the Reading festival and wants me to go as well. But having only ever been to Glastonbury I have a few things to ask:

1 Can you jump the fence? If not how much does it cost?

2 Who's playing there? and how many stages etc are there?

3 In the 2 times I've been to Glastonbury I couldn't even tell you what acts I've seen, I've generally spent my time strolling between the various techno parties that go on round the site. Do you get similar things at Reading as I'm not really into people like Travis, Oasis, Red Hot Chilli Peppers etc.

4 Much of the magic of Glastonbury goes on at stone circle is there a similar place at Reading where insanity is the only rule?

5 (and most importantly) Is it worth giving up a weekend with the lads in Nottingham to watch Palace to go and sit in a field with your bird?

Answers on a postcard to the usual address.
Old 18-07-2001, 05:11 PM
Charging (somewhere else)

Eagle of the East is not here - this isn't happeningEagle of the East is not here - this isn't happeningEagle of the East is not here - this isn't happeningEagle of the East is not here - this isn't happeningEagle of the East is not here - this isn't happeningEagle of the East is not here - this isn't happeningEagle of the East is not here - this isn't happeningEagle of the East is not here - this isn't happeningEagle of the East is not here - this isn't happeningEagle of the East is not here - this isn't happeningEagle of the East is not here - this isn't happening
Reading v Glastonbury

Reading beat Glastonbury 3-1. Glastonbury put up a good fight for a non league club but the at the end of the day reading's superior players won the match for the 2nd division club.
Old 18-07-2001, 06:43 PM

Dillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitterDillenger worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
never been to reading, but know for a fact that it aint a patch on glastonbury.

you dont camp on the same site as the music (seperate field to all the music), you've got f*ck all chance of blagging it, and it's full of spotty indie types.

by the way, on for the rotheram game i take it ?
Old 18-07-2001, 09:06 PM
Runaway Lab Monkey

Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget
Reading kicks arse!
Old 20-07-2001, 05:13 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Dillenger

by the way, on for the rotheram game i take it ?
Oh yes. But I'm djing in Liverpool the thursday before so will stay up north and meet you up there on the day. I don't see the point in going back to Brighton one day just to go back up north the following day.

Anyway when are you going to stop chasing sheep round third world countries and come back to England?
Old 20-07-2001, 03:35 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
My good lady wife and myself have backstage passes for reading on the Sunday courtesy of my muso biz sis in NYC. Rock n roll, its a sh*t business. Watch out for the Regular Fries with guest frontman Sebastian Laws, ex New Kingdom.

Last edited by Al From Bromley; 20-07-2001 at 03:39 PM.
Old 20-07-2001, 03:50 PM
Runaway Lab Monkey

Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget
If anyone is going on the friday,pop to my work place at luchtime and we can go for a beer,it only a 5 minute walk,pm me,i could take a half day!
Old 20-07-2001, 07:09 PM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Reading is nothing like Glastonbury... it's much more of a mainstream festival which has it's up's (less crusties) and downs (more spotty indie kids).

The real question you should be asking yourself is - why am I even thinking about going to Reading when it's on the same weekend as the Notting Hill Carnival?

Suddenly the answer seemed so much simpler...

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 27-08-2001, 07:45 PM
At The Drive-In, Enfilade

Location: Orpington. freight train coming, freight freight train coming........
Neil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Just got home from Reading !!!! It was so good!
Old 28-08-2001, 12:48 AM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I misread the title.. oops. I thought Reading had played the Turkish football team. Sorry.

However, Reading Festival sounded excellent. Jumping the fence is always worth a go.