Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 16-05-2001, 01:07 AM
morale officer

Joe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Depeche Mode - New Album

Having been an avid fan for 12 years am i the only one to think the new album is...well...pap?

Favourite album - Music for the Masses

Favourite single - Stripped
Old 16-05-2001, 01:11 AM
Mighty Moose of Sweden

goteborg is playing for a contract
I´m also a DM-fan.
I haven´t been able to buy the new album yet, but i have listen to a few songs on MP3(I will buy the record as soon as I can. Promise).

My opinion is that the songs get better the more you listen to them.

I am you is one their greatest songs ever if you ask me.

------------------
From Sweden
Old 16-05-2001, 01:27 AM
Mighty Moose of Sweden

Favorite Album - Ultra
Favorite Song - Enjoy the Silence

------------------
From Sweden
Old 16-05-2001, 02:33 AM
Asta La Vista Doggies

jordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Knight:
Having been an avid fan for 12 years am i the only one to think the new album is...well...pap?

Favourite album - Music for the Masses

Favourite single - Stripped
Massive Mode fan for the last 20 years. Having heard the MP3'S some time ago i wasn't really getting excited (excuse the pun) about the album. The first time i listened to it yesterday i thought it was good, not great, but good. Second time i listended to it it really grabbed me.
Dave Gahans vocals on this album is amazing.
The whole album is strides better then Ultra.
There's a few on the album that i think will create a great atmosphere played live.
Stick with the album.
I just can't stop listening to it now.

My favoutrite track at the moment has to be Shine
Old 16-05-2001, 05:55 PM
Anonymous Coward

So far Freelove is the one that really gets me.
Old 16-05-2001, 06:21 PM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As usual, and as already mentioned, their albums tend to grow on me, starting from the "I like this" standpoint to the "I love this" standpoint. Currently I'm only at giving this album 9.5/10!

Had to go into HMV during my coffee break this morning just to get a "fix" on their listening stands!

I Feel Loved will surely be the next single, while Goodnight Lovers and Freelove were into instant "I love this" land. And jordanismygod is right - Dave's vocals are his best ever.

Favourite DM album of all time = Violator
Favourite DM single of all time = Never Let Me Down Again (Split Mix)

Anyone going to Wembley in October? I'm going both nights. Was hoping to go to Birmingham but that's sold out, and I can't book Manchester until the fixture list comes out!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by JJ on 16 May 2001 at 14:23</font>
Old 16-05-2001, 11:13 PM
morale officer

Joe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe Knight : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
you're all absolutely right...i've listen to the album twice more and it has really grabbed me.

I can't believe how different Dave Gahan's vocals are - so different from his dead pan vocals in the late 80's early 90's

'when the body speaks' is my favourite at the moment...sorry for ever doubting you DM.

------------------
WHAT A MEATBALL HEADER
Old 17-05-2001, 03:29 AM
Asta La Vista Doggies

jordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Well done, you know it makes sense!!!

I have a sneaky feeling "When the body speaks" will be the next single, followed by "Shine".
If they do release "I feel loved" i think it will be the last single to come off the album.

I'm going to the first concert date at Wembley.

Favourite Album= Sofad
Favourite Song = Always seems to change for me!

Did you know Daves doing some solo stuff, maybe to come out next year!!!!
Old 17-05-2001, 03:18 PM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Paf says the next single is definitely I Feel Loved, to be mixed by Danny Tenaglia.
Old 17-05-2001, 06:09 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Yep, I feel loved, July 2nd, 3 remixes by
Danny Tenaglia,1 by thomas brinkman and 1 by
Umek

July 2: BONG 31 I Feel Loved
Sept 1: BONG 32 Shine
Nov 26: BONG 33 when the body speaks/sweetest condition AA side

These may change though, Spain reportedly had a relese date for Freelove as a single aswell. But the above info is pretty reliable.

Dream On is out again on Monday in the US under a double AA side promotional 12" featuring new mixes.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by paf on 17 May 2001 at 14:23</font>
Old 17-05-2001, 06:32 PM
Veteran

Which site did you get all that from Paul? It's definitely not on the official site, and Mute are saying:

16th July - I Feel Loved
17th September - Freelove

No other singles!
Old 17-05-2001, 07:05 PM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
From side-line.com they are usually on the ball. I subscribe to the magazine the produce, it only deals with electronic artists.

and To view the link you have to Register or Login Mutes distributor in Scandinavia have release dates on line.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by paf on 17 May 2001 at 15:40</font>
Old 20-05-2001, 01:28 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

Quote:
Originally posted by JJ:
Paf says the next single is definitely I Feel Loved, to be mixed by Danny Tenaglia.
Yeah i found out on Thursday that this was to be the next single.
I was going to post the cover on here, but havn't been able to load BBS for a few days.
Still, i got the singles right, just not in the right order!
Old 21-05-2001, 07:36 PM
Mighty Moose of Sweden

I bought the record so today.

Top three songs of the album.

1. I am you
2. The dead of night
3. I feel loved

------------------
From Sweden