Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

View Poll Results: Best Music Radio Station?
KISS 100 FM 5 11.90%
95.8 Capital FM 4 9.52%
Virgin 5 11.90%
Radio 1 7 16.67%
XFM 13 30.95%
Magic 2 4.76%
Other (e.g Heart etc etc) 6 14.29%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-06-2001, 02:00 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Best Music Radio Station????

Personally I like KISS 100 FM am I mad? I don't like Capital too much as its a little TOO POP like and atleast Kiss repeat the same 10-15 songs every hour (i think they have a good range but my mates disagree) not like Capitals 5 songs repeated AGAIN and AGAIN! And Robin Banks and Millie on Kiss are amusing whereas Tarrant is SO ANNOYING! A mate of mine is into XFM or he was but has said things have changed there? I wouldnt know and I dont mind Radio 1 but am not too keen on Magic or Virgin.

What do you lot think?

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball
Old 21-06-2001, 02:14 AM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Best Music Radio Station????

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir.S.C Remembered
whereas Tarrant is SO ANNOYING!
DAMN right!!! in the mornings i am hardly awake enough to listen and just want MUSIC, play MUSIC. Don't chat stupidly and interrupt each other, just play some bloody music!!!

I would like to listen to either Kiss or Virgin, but its not my car so i can't choose the station!
Old 21-06-2001, 02:22 AM

2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear
they're all crap. Virgin and X FM used to be OK, but now they're awful
Old 21-06-2001, 02:22 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Depression FM.

Magic 105.4

Must be showing my age now and/or soppy suicidal emotional side...
Old 21-06-2001, 02:48 AM
Asta La Vista Doggies

jordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I mainly listen to tapes in the car, but i tend to listen to XFM if any.
Capital is ****, they play the same selection of songs that are popular at the time several times a day.
As i found out last year when i was painting my house for two weeks.
We could only get capital, and they played 4 or five songs by differnt artist at least 5 times a day!!!!
Some musicians are meant to be heard but not seen - merely an auditory experience and nothing more. Berlin's IAMX, on the other hand, isnt merely a band... it's an event - a full-on aural and visual attack with the dynamic and inimitable Chris Corner (of Sneaker Pimps) leading the charge.
Old 21-06-2001, 02:52 AM

2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear
hold on a minute, what about Palace Radio? By far the best radio station!
Old 21-06-2001, 03:00 AM
People are People

firesign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Years ago Capital was brilliant but it's been S*** for about a decade - same songs over and over again . Mind you I don't live in London anymore, but I can pick up BRMB which is owned by the same people and is just as bad. Sometimes I listen to Virgin or Radio 2 but most of the time I listen to 5 Live.
Old 21-06-2001, 03:13 AM
Asta La Vista Doggies

jordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by 2can
hold on a minute, what about Palace Radio? By far the best radio station!
Now that is a differnt subject altogether.
Why do they play so much music in a build up to a game.
It's a shame the reception is so **** aswell!
Some musicians are meant to be heard but not seen - merely an auditory experience and nothing more. Berlin's IAMX, on the other hand, isnt merely a band... it's an event - a full-on aural and visual attack with the dynamic and inimitable Chris Corner (of Sneaker Pimps) leading the charge.
Old 21-06-2001, 03:28 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
I do like Radio 1 alot. It's improved heaps in the last couple of years.

Although Mark and Lard can be a bit annoying (notice how they only talk to Northeners), but when you are waiting for a superb show like Chris Moyles' - it's worth it!

Xfm are cool, as is Kiss. Crapital FM is sh!t though.
Old 21-06-2001, 02:13 PM
Disco baby sexy baby HOTT

jonesy is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandjonesy is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandjonesy is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandjonesy is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandjonesy is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandjonesy is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandjonesy is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandjonesy is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandjonesy is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandjonesy is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandjonesy is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
BBC World Service
Old 21-06-2001, 02:18 PM

James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget James Varcoe can take a ladder to the shadows and forget
Radio 4 in the mornings.

When it comes to music radio I have no set choice but tend to skip between Virgin (it has recently changed it's music poilcy to appeal to middle aged farts like me, occasionally Magic.

The only radio show I always listen to in Johanthon Ross on Radio 2. For some reason he can make me laugh solidly for 2 or 3 hours.
Old 21-06-2001, 02:28 PM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I voted XFM - but Radio 1 is pretty good as well. Sara Cox has to talk over EVERY record though...stupid Northern Wench.
Old 21-06-2001, 03:06 PM
Hair by Les Porter

Strathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStrathclyde Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A bit oddly Capital is one of the things I miss about London. I didn't go out of my way to listen to Capital, but I actually used to find Chris Tarrant quite amusing in the mornings. My least favourite thing about Capital tended to be that the Birthday Bonanza date was never my birthday!

I don't know if I would feel the same about it now. A lot of the major independent radio stations seem to follow the same formula a lot of the time. However I would definitely swap Capital for Clyde 1 - absolute rubbish most of the time, especially that English-hating idiot George Bowie (who unfortunately is frequently played at nightclub volume on the coach which I commute into work in). Just about every statement ends with, "What's all that about?" or "What's the deal with that?" Annoying in the extreme.

Quite a good alternative if you're ever up here is Scot FM. Their breakfast DJ is a guy called Robin Galloway, who actually does quite a few good wind-ups. I believe they can be downloaded from his own To view the link you have to Register or Login.

And BTW Mark and Lard are top class, whereas Chris Moyles is just arrogant, rude and frankly not very funny once you skim the surface of his "material".
Old 21-06-2001, 03:33 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I like Heart. I find that other stations don't play enough Lionel. Yeah baby I'm a right crooner...but thats why I am the Daddy.
Old 21-06-2001, 03:41 PM
and this is what he said

Ash Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is here
Where's Radio 2 or London Live ?

I can't keep up with the modern hit parade these days.
Old 21-06-2001, 03:42 PM

markholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Long
I like Heart. I find that other stations don't play enough Lionel. Yeah baby I'm a right crooner...but thats why I am the Daddy.
Jono does go a bit though at times & the music could be a little better on Heart.
I'm a fan of Bam Bam & Streetboy on Kiss. Its a light hearted breakfast show that plays good music & is entertaining.
I used to listen to 95.8 up until about 97' but Tarrant drove me away. It would have to be Kiss.
Old 21-06-2001, 03:48 PM
Runaway Lab Monkey

Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget
I used to like fantasy fm.They played some bangin tunes!
210 fm is not bad,its a reading radio station,they have they late night love show,humans phone in and tell the dj all about there love problems,affairs,2's up."im a lesbian and i dont no if my husband will accept me as a lorry driver".etc.
Radio 1 is ok in the morning..
Old 21-06-2001, 04:09 PM

markholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses growmarkholmes1991 knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally posted by SAMO*
I used to like fantasy fm.They played some bangin tunes!
210 fm is not bad,its a reading radio station,they have they late night love show,humans phone in and tell the dj all about there love problems,affairs,2's up."im a lesbian and i dont no if my husband will accept me as a lorry driver".etc.
Radio 1 is ok in the morning..
Samo your talking about Graham Torrington’s late night love!
Some of those callers crack me up. Even though the reception where I live is poor its certainly entertaining stuff!!
Old 21-06-2001, 04:13 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Majic FM for some easy listening hits to while away the big city blues...
And Radio 2 although I find the presenters slightly annoying.

For chat then the Robert Elms program on London Live in the mornings is always interesting although can tend to the 'Dinner Party Liberal' themes a bit to much. He also plays some good tunes as well.
Old 21-06-2001, 04:19 PM
I'm out of here!!!!!!!

Location: 64 miles from heaven - that place called Selhurst!!
BaldEagle69 is loud, is proud, is PalaceBaldEagle69 is loud, is proud, is PalaceBaldEagle69 is loud, is proud, is PalaceBaldEagle69 is loud, is proud, is PalaceBaldEagle69 is loud, is proud, is PalaceBaldEagle69 is loud, is proud, is PalaceBaldEagle69 is loud, is proud, is PalaceBaldEagle69 is loud, is proud, is Palace
Virgin - but it is going down hill a bit me thinks. Otherwise it has to be Talk Sport!!!!!!