Old 29-06-2001, 07:51 PM
Anonymous Coward

8: Foofighters, Learn to Fly
Old 29-06-2001, 07:54 PM
Anonymous Coward

4: Placebo, You Don't Care About Us
Old 29-06-2001, 08:06 PM
Thinking...

Jaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesJaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesJaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesJaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesJaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesJaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesJaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesJaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesJaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesJaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesJaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyes
very good, top marks indeed to tmjwat.

All correct so far.

What about 1, 5, 6, 7

I have my doubts that anyone will guess 1, its soo obscure.
Old 29-06-2001, 08:16 PM
Anonymous Coward

Wild guess

1: Cosmic Rough Riders?
Old 29-06-2001, 08:27 PM
Lurker

Manic Kennel is playing for a contract
7 - You and Me song - Wannadies
Old 29-06-2001, 08:42 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
shot in the dark with a blindfold on and my hands tied but is 6 Copa Cobana by Barry Manilow

No? Thought not.
Old 29-06-2001, 08:44 PM
Anonymous Coward

5: Belle And Sebastian, It could have been a brilliant career, from The Boy With The Arab Strap :blue:
Old 29-06-2001, 08:54 PM
Anonymous Coward

6, I think is Gorky's Zytocic Mynci
but can't remember the song.
Old 29-06-2001, 08:56 PM
Self Portrait

g23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhinog23 is game warden to the rep rhino
Quote:
Originally posted by tmjwat
5: Belle And Sebastian, It could have been a brilliant career, from The Boy With The Arab Strap :blue:
Genius. Best active British band?
Old 29-06-2001, 08:59 PM

CK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Most may be too recent for me but it's a cracking idea for a thread.

This could run and run.

Any old boys out there???
Old 29-06-2001, 09:04 PM
Thinking...

Jaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesJaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesJaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesJaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesJaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesJaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesJaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesJaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesJaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesJaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesJaffa is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyes
tmjwat, either you are Steve Lamaq in disguise, or you are looking these up! Either way, well done, 5 is correct.

Yes, 7 is Wannadies.
Yes, 6 is Gorkys, but which one? Anyone?

No, 1 is not Cosmic Rough Riders.

Think Mr Miyagi.
Old 29-06-2001, 09:06 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
does anyone want to post a few beat sequences for me to guess cos I don't listen to much guitar music....or music with any words at all really. Apart from old Rap but that would send the swear filter into fits.

Something like...boom ba-dam bap, boom, boom, boom ba-dam bap

Any guesses?
Old 29-06-2001, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaffa
Yes, 6 is Gorkys, but which one? Anyone?
Liar. Its Copa Cobana. Do I have to sing it to prove it??

Old 29-06-2001, 09:08 PM
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaffa
tmjwat, either you are Steve Lamaq in disguise, or you are looking these up! Either way, well done, 5 is correct.

Moi?

Old 29-06-2001, 09:33 PM
Thinking...

Right, in my haste to begin 8 new songs, I will give you the answers that you are missing.

1. You`re the Best - Karate Kid Soundtrack
6. Gorkys Zygotic Mynci - Spanish Dancehall Troupe

Now for the next batch fresh from my playlist.

1. I never thought I could act this way and Ive got to say that I just dont get it
2. I think im dreaming the same dream, Ill let you dream in my dream if you show me your dream
3. Whatever you do, dont tell anyone, Whatever you do, dont tell anyone.
4. Their hips would swivel and turn
5. Coming second best is close to ideal
6. To find out if all the style she`s got is going to push her to the top
7. I nodded my head as I lay on the bed
8. See Im hanging on the street with the ill shop keeper

One thing this does proove is that my music taste can be somewhat obscure.
Old 29-06-2001, 09:40 PM
Anonymous Coward

8: Korean Bodega, by Fun Lovin' Criminals. Excellent.
Old 29-06-2001, 09:42 PM
Anonymous Coward

5: Golfish and Paracetemol by Catatonia with the wonderful Cerys
Old 29-06-2001, 09:44 PM
Anonymous Coward

3: The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret by Queens of the Stone Age?
Old 29-06-2001, 09:46 PM
Anonymous Coward

7: Nick "Brighton" Cave, Where the Wild Roses Grow
Old 29-06-2001, 09:48 PM
Thinking...

Tim im impressed. All right so far.