Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 27-09-2001, 10:33 PM
People are People

firesign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
First single (of millions) Strange Town by The Jam

First album The Raven by The Stranglers (I think)
Old 27-09-2001, 10:43 PM

alpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningalpha would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
First Single/Album

To my eternal shame!

Single: Pinball Wizard by Elton John (excuse - I was only seven and didn't know any better)

Album: Stars on 45.

Even worse, I still have them both.
Old 27-09-2001, 10:54 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behindcumbrian_eagles will leave the TV and the radio behind
First (CD) Single: Lighthouse Family : High
First Album: The Beatiful Game (from Euro 96)
First vinyl record: Zombie Nation
Old 27-09-2001, 11:46 PM
A recycled teenager

I.Flyer is fond of sand dunes and salty airI.Flyer is fond of sand dunes and salty airI.Flyer is fond of sand dunes and salty airI.Flyer is fond of sand dunes and salty airI.Flyer is fond of sand dunes and salty airI.Flyer is fond of sand dunes and salty airI.Flyer is fond of sand dunes and salty airI.Flyer is fond of sand dunes and salty airI.Flyer is fond of sand dunes and salty airI.Flyer is fond of sand dunes and salty airI.Flyer is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Quote:
Originally posted by David Murray

Ahhh now we are talking - My grandad gave me a right royal rollocking once for winding it up to fast
ditto - And for putting your finger on the record to slow it down and thus making the voice sound slower and deeper

Ah! those were the days - Hmmm, Mary Hopkin, I think. Any relation to David?

A medicated follower of fashion
Old 27-09-2001, 11:59 PM
The Snot Machine

Sweetpea! would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningSweetpea! would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningSweetpea! would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningSweetpea! would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningSweetpea! would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningSweetpea! would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningSweetpea! would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningSweetpea! would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningSweetpea! would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningSweetpea! would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningSweetpea! would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
First tape - Michael Jackson - BAD
First CD - Prodj - BOSS DRUM

ooooop
Old 28-09-2001, 12:06 AM

ruediger is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverruediger is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverruediger is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverruediger is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverruediger is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverruediger is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverruediger is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverruediger is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverruediger is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverruediger is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverruediger is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet cover
Inspiring thread this. I'm going to play some old (vinyl) records tonight.
Old 28-09-2001, 12:19 AM
a quick smudge

nikonye has to read the song lyrics on the big screennikonye has to read the song lyrics on the big screennikonye has to read the song lyrics on the big screennikonye has to read the song lyrics on the big screennikonye has to read the song lyrics on the big screennikonye has to read the song lyrics on the big screennikonye has to read the song lyrics on the big screennikonye has to read the song lyrics on the big screennikonye has to read the song lyrics on the big screennikonye has to read the song lyrics on the big screennikonye has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Woolworths used to sell records on the Embassy label which were soundalikes and you used to get a song from the top ten on each side for 6shillings and 9 pence,how sad I bet I am the only one old enough on here to remember them.
My first was a Ken Dodd soundalike on one side and Eden Kane on the other.
Sorry matron is calling time for my bath. Bye.
Old 28-09-2001, 12:24 AM
Playing a round

David Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS MurrayDavid Murray FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally posted by nikonye
how sad I bet I am the only one old enough on here to remember them.
Bet yer not
Old 28-09-2001, 12:24 AM

Stubby is playing for a contract
7" single was Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen back in 1974.

Album - Arrival by (!) Abba.

CD album was Tracy Chapman - Tracy Chapman (the one with 'Fast car' on it).

CD single (I think) was Crackers Internation EP by Erasure.

Old 28-09-2001, 12:44 PM
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by nikonye
I bet I am the only one old enough on here to remember them.
My first was a Ken Dodd soundalike on one side and Eden Kane on the other.
You've lost the bet then

I used to buy similar 45s on the Bell label...intended for juke boxes, I think.

(Anorak fact: Eden Kane's real name was Richard Sarstedt, brother of Peter Sarstedt. They lived in Norbury: Peter now lives in Coulsdon and Richard in the US)
Old 28-09-2001, 12:55 PM
Tired and Emotional

Smurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelfSmurph knocked on the bar and pointed to a bottle on the shelf
Quote:
Originally posted by I.Flyer
ditto - And for putting your finger on the record to slow it down and thus making the voice sound slower and deeper
If you play a Bruce Springsteen 33 at 45 he sounds just like Dolly Parton!
Old 28-09-2001, 01:01 PM
The Daddy

Norfolk Eagle is playing for a contract
First single was 2-4-6-8 Motorway by the Tom Robinson Band

First album was Gentlemen Take Polaroids by Japan (I think).
Old 28-09-2001, 01:06 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Lovely thread

First single: a Duane Eddy number (cannot remember the title)

First album: The Who - My Generation (the original)
Old 28-09-2001, 01:43 PM

Goldfish is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsGoldfish is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsGoldfish is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsGoldfish is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsGoldfish is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsGoldfish is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsGoldfish is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsGoldfish is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsGoldfish is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsGoldfish is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsGoldfish is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Single - Diana Ross, Chain Reaction
Album - Aha, Hunting High and Low.
Old 28-09-2001, 01:51 PM
Runaway Lab Monkey

Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Samo* can take a ladder to the shadows and forget
So il guess il be hunting HIGH and low!
Old 28-09-2001, 02:01 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
First album possessed was either Trumpton or Camberwick Green (Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub). Also had the Goodies' "Funky Gibbon". First album I bought was probably "Parallel lines" by Blondie, now she was a looker.... seeing Blondie do Denis Denis on TOTP aroused a lot of interest in pop music in this thirteen year old. And first CD, God knows.... I now run a record company and hardly ever buy records.
Old 28-09-2001, 02:14 PM

New_Malden_Eagle is finding a place in our heartNew_Malden_Eagle is finding a place in our heartNew_Malden_Eagle is finding a place in our heartNew_Malden_Eagle is finding a place in our heart
First single - not sure
First album (on cassette) - Innendo by Queen
First CD album - Achtung Baby by U2
First abum (on vinyl) - Abbey Road
Old 28-09-2001, 03:09 PM

Hugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradiseHugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradiseHugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradiseHugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradiseHugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradiseHugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradiseHugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradiseHugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradiseHugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradiseHugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradiseHugh Cheddyk feels like some bird of paradise
Quote:
Originally posted by tmjwat

(Anorak fact: Eden Kane's real name was Richard Sarstedt, brother of Peter Sarstedt. They lived in Norbury: Peter now lives in Coulsdon and Richard in the US)
There was also another brother Robin who had a top 10 hit with "My Resistance is Low" in the mid 70's.

I must confess that I saw Eden Kane on the Solid Gold 60s tour at the Fairfield a couple of years back and he did not take himself too seriously, and still sounds pretty good.
Old 28-09-2001, 03:10 PM

jrnicholson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejrnicholson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejrnicholson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejrnicholson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejrnicholson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejrnicholson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejrnicholson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejrnicholson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejrnicholson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejrnicholson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejrnicholson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
First single: Trail of the Lonesome Pine (Laurel and Hardy)

First Album: The Kick Inside (Kate Bush)

Quote:
Originally posted by TAK
Did either you or G23 ever get Dirk wears white sox, SAMO*?

One of my very early albums, or am I showing my age again
I bought that one too!
Old 28-09-2001, 03:24 PM

Gavin Axten will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Gavin Axten will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Gavin Axten will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Gavin Axten will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Gavin Axten will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Gavin Axten will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Gavin Axten will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Gavin Axten will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Gavin Axten will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.Gavin Axten will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.
First single bought for me was Blockbuster by the Sweet, my mum bought it for me in Brixton market. First one I bought myself was Suspect Device by Stiff Little Fingers. First album I bought was either The Clash's first album or Out of the Blue by ELO