Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 23-10-2001, 12:05 AM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
'Modern' music

Without sounding older than I am, and like one of the old gits from Harry Enfield, what is going on with some new songs out recently ?

The Streets (?) with the guy pretending that he's on pirate radio, c@ck. City High, moaning about some kid.

God, I remember the good old days of Jungle.
Old 23-10-2001, 12:11 AM
Registered Useless

charltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sum41 have a good song out at the moment.
Old 23-10-2001, 12:32 AM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Fatlip ? I well like that. I suppose it's the commercial side of things I hate. How come Steps are still going ? Has no-one worked out that they're cr@p yet ?

New good music I like : The Strokes, very different.
Old 23-10-2001, 01:05 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Riccardo

New good music I like : The Strokes, very different.

Probably are, if you've never heard the mighty Tom Verlaines's Television before......

Ditto, Green Day, if the Clash had never existed.
Old 23-10-2001, 01:13 AM
Guns of Navarone

GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!GUCCI Eagle knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
I'm just getting into the Counting Crows. I'm hoping to listen to more Hootie and the Blowfish as well.
"The West Stand has a reputation as a party area and we've got to break that. We've put together a series of measures to ensure that those people who want to watch cricket are not disrupted by those who are simply there to have a good time"The Times, back page, Wed 5 Aug 2009
Old 23-10-2001, 01:17 AM
palace til i die

illegal eagle is playing for a contract
counting crows and strokes are quality sum 41 are complete rubbish i hate them teeny bopper skater bands
Turin brakes/elbow are the best at the moment
Turin brakes are playin a free gig tomorrow on top of the orange shop in kings cross road. I highly recommend it
Old 23-10-2001, 01:19 AM
Help me!

IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
It might be around 10 years old now, but Nirvana is still great
Old 23-10-2001, 01:21 AM
palace til i die

oh obviously but evry1 likes them
Old 23-10-2001, 01:42 AM
Let it Be

Quote:
Originally posted by Stellavista

Probably are, if you've never heard the mighty Tom Verlaines's Television before......
I have to be honest, I never have Grandad - sorry Stella.

I heard that Allstars song - Bump in the night...come on, what crap. The lead 'singer' is pretty hot though !
Old 23-10-2001, 01:50 AM
palace til i die

Old 23-10-2001, 02:09 AM
Help me!

IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!IWCW the return knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Quote:
Originally posted by illegal eagle
You are confusing! What do you mean (especially the second time round?)
Old 23-10-2001, 02:50 AM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by illegal eagle
yeah... but some of us were in our early-mid teens then and it was great. Shame you young 'uns have to put up with all this r'n'b crap that gets played non stop now. All of a sudden, Capitol became kiss and vice versa... what's all that about?

gimme Aerosmith, Blur, Nirvana anyday over Craig David, Destiny's Child etc.
Old 23-10-2001, 02:51 AM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
having said that, love that DJ Otzi tune!
Old 23-10-2001, 02:55 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Zero7 are quality...if you like the "chilled" genre, then this is the definitive album to get. They are a group who use "real" instruments...and I love it.

The Strokes album is also superb...and I still can't stop listening to Muse's album.
Old 23-10-2001, 03:00 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:

I have to be honest, I never have Grandad - sorry Stella.

I heard that Allstars song - Bump in the night...come on, what crap. The lead 'singer' is pretty hot though !
Seriously, Riccardo, do your ears a favour, and go out and buy a copy of 'Marquee Moon', which is an absolutely classic album.

It's a bit sad that, ahem, the younger generation don't check out more stuff from the sixties and seventies, though us older ones often manage to stay up with current music.

TMJWAT will give you some great leads for great music, recorded before you were born. You'd be suprised at just how much good stuff is out there, and I've always contended that the best new music makers have an ear to the past, for inspiration. Beck springs to mind most readily.

So, check out The Stooges, 13th Floor Elevators, Scott Walker, Tim Buckley, Patti Smith, Alex Harvey, Jacques Brel, Serge Gainsbourg,
ATV, Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart, Magazine, Anthony Newley (!), Miracle Legion, Cabaret Voltaire..............
Old 23-10-2001, 12:40 PM

The Blackadder is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by Stellavista

Captain Beefheart,
Did you see the documentary last year?

I agree, Modern music is absolute *****, living in the midlands as I do now I am detached form the underground scene in London, but if its anything like the crud they keep putting on the telly I'm glad,
anyone remember the old(91-96ish) Dream or Don FM's, Dream was a classic: run from the croydon area I believe, I'm sure we've got someone on here who knows what I'm talking about?

There is no talent in the charts these days, but they buy it don't they
Old 23-10-2001, 01:20 PM

Winston is the ResurrectionWinston is the ResurrectionWinston is the ResurrectionWinston is the ResurrectionWinston is the ResurrectionWinston is the ResurrectionWinston is the ResurrectionWinston is the ResurrectionWinston is the ResurrectionWinston is the ResurrectionWinston is the Resurrection
The mention of Alex Harvey reminds me of
many wasted nights up The Greyhound and
later, The Fairfields.

I was surprised that more of his songs didn't
find their way to being football anthems.
'Tomorrow Belongs To Me' or 'Gang Bang'
for instance.
Old 23-10-2001, 04:40 PM

Ian of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Fatlip ? I well like that. I suppose it's the commercial side of things I hate. How come Steps are still going ? Has no-one worked out that they're cr@p yet ?
I agree but would extend that question to include S Club 7 and Hearsay too. I know i'm stating the obvious, but for certain groups like these the commercial side is so strong they can actually get away with releasing garbage.
Old 23-10-2001, 05:28 PM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ah, another "modern music is rubbish" thread.

I HATE ANY ARTIST WHO IS FABRICATED BY CORPORATE MACHINES AND MADE TO LOOK PRETTY AS THEIR MAIN APPEAL TO THE YOUNGSTERS OF TODAY. HATE. WITH A PASSION.

I mean, Steps: They've come out with a "Greatest Hits" album. Greatest Hits after two albums totalling 30-odd songs, all of which sound identical? And isn't using the title for the album as "Gold" taking the Abba fixation just one step too far?

AND F*CKING HEAR SAY. There are Hear Say DOLLS in the shops. WHY??

And why do so many of these "Artists" always release cover versions (a la Uptown Girl, Eternal Flame, Words, Tragedy, the list is endless). Would it be because they have no musical initiative, and are, in reality, dolled up kareoke artists?

Coporate money-making bandwagons, with absolutely no regard for musical integrity or the wider implications of bringing up our young on two-dimensional clap-trap.

HATE THEM. UP AGAINST A WALL, WATERMAN AND CO. YOU ARE SCUM.
Old 23-10-2001, 08:58 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re: 'Modern' music

Quote:

God, I remember the good old days of Jungle.
Oh how true. Those hacylon nights down the Lazerdrome when only the DECENT tunes got a rewind.

They were innocent days. Bang a few walls, neck a few pills and get mugged on the way home. Ahh memories.