Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 19-05-2002, 01:27 AM
Thats Geezer, not geeza.

Geezer is approaching Side-o statusGeezer is approaching Side-o statusGeezer is approaching Side-o statusGeezer is approaching Side-o statusGeezer is approaching Side-o statusGeezer is approaching Side-o statusGeezer is approaching Side-o statusGeezer is approaching Side-o statusGeezer is approaching Side-o statusGeezer is approaching Side-o statusGeezer is approaching Side-o status
Now war is declared and battle come down.......

Easy again
Old 19-05-2002, 02:52 PM
Law abiding anarchist

Rash the Smash is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by Geezer
Now war is declared and battle come down.......

Easy again
"London Calling" Clash.

How about from around the same era;

"You step on the brake to get out of her clutches"

"He used to flick to kick, and I didn't know"
Old 19-05-2002, 04:19 PM

Tim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTim of the 80's : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Those are
1) New Amsterdam - Elvis Costello
2) My perfect Cousin - The Undertones.

Here's another one from that sort of time

'God made man but he used the monkey to do it'
Old 20-05-2002, 03:01 AM

CK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim of the 80's
Those are
1) New Amsterdam - Elvis Costello
2) My perfect Cousin - The Undertones.

Here's another one from that sort of time

'God made man but he used the monkey to do it'
Jocko Homo - Devo (why did I know that??? it's cr@p)

Bit recent for me but what about
"He sings the songs that remind him of the better times"
Old 20-05-2002, 02:03 PM
Law abiding anarchist

Rash the Smash is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by CK

Jocko Homo - Devo (why did I know that??? it's cr@p)

Bit recent for me but what about
"He sings the songs that remind him of the better times"

That would be the one hit wonders of Chumba Wumba.The title of the song escapes me but it goes;
"I get knocked down but I get up again"
ad nauseum until finally throwing a drink over John Prescott at some luvvie awards.

How about;
"Here they come with their brick in their hand,
Men with heads filled up with sand"
(from around the mid eighties.)
Old 29-05-2002, 06:25 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by baroli

Spoken like a true Byrds' fan. Now they are what I call REAL dinosaurs of rock. Next you'll be going to Dave Edmonds' revival gigs.
The Byrds, like them or not, a big influence in the development of popular music.

I didn't know Dave Edmunds did revival gigs. He played the Jazz Cafe recently and yes, I did go... he's a fair old guitarist.

I take it from your vitriol, that I may have touched a nerve. You strike me as the sort of person who would kill to see a Moody Blues or Steeleye Span re-union ( in fact I dare say from your tone that you use to have a soft spot for Maddy Prior... proto-rock chick??)

Each to his/her own.

hugs,

Pidster