Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 03-06-2001, 05:30 PM

New_Malden_Eagle is finding a place in our heartNew_Malden_Eagle is finding a place in our heartNew_Malden_Eagle is finding a place in our heartNew_Malden_Eagle is finding a place in our heart
Festivals

Did anyone go to any festivals last year (especially obscure foreign ones) that they would reccomend? Anyone planning to go to any this summer? Personally I'm going over to Belgium to go to Werchter, it's like their equivalent of Glastonbury or Reading only cheaper and on a slightly smaller scale. I went twice when I lived out there a couple of years back and it was great, and of course the beer is much nicer (and cheaper)!
Old 03-06-2001, 06:17 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Teleported my brain to outer space via Glastonbury last year. In a way I'm glad its not on this year, I doubt I could cope with another 5 days like that!

Been offered a chance to play at a week long techno festival somewhere in Poland this summer, its free as well as its completely illegal. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen. There we go is that obscure enough for you?
Old 03-06-2001, 06:29 PM

hitandmiss is playing for a contract
Ive been going to reading festival for the last four years and it is out of this world.

Im going this year, you got,
TRAVIS.....GREEN DAY....MANICS.....EMINEM......FEEDER......FUN LOVIN CRIMINALS........THE CULT........ASH......SUPERGRASS......RUN DMC.....WEEZER.........SOULWAX.........IGGY POP.......PJ HARVEY........AND MARILYN MANSON!!!!! + about a hundred more, plus comedy stage, skate punk stage, cinima tent, dance tent, market stalls, barcadi breezer bar, and 79,999 other people!!!!
Old 03-06-2001, 07:17 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Giving my holidays always co-incide with the Split Festival, held in the Port of that name on the Dalmatian Coast of Croatia then I suppose it would count here.

It tends to be several weeks of concerts by Croatian bands with a few foreign ones chucked in. 90% of it is Folk based which is not good news although given that the vast majority of Balkan Folk music is about finding your best friend in bed with your wife and how you stab them both to death and then put a bullet in your own head because you miss your friend then the Dalmatian variety, which tends to concern itself with the pleasures involved in drinking bucket loads of home made red wine and grappa whilst eating fish and watching the sun set over the Adriatic is probably the best of a bad bunch ! ( my own personal favourite song is one that concerns the dilema faced by a man who is about to emigrate to the 'States. He has to raise some money but he cannot work out if he should sell his wife or his Donkey ! )

But they do have some good Salsa bands and that can be great fun. Also every village has its own Saint's day so there is always a party going on somewhere so you can have a good time plus some odd pagan festivals ( which translate as 'Mad nights' ) and the whole village/town go on the razz big time.