Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 24-12-2018, 01:23 AM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
family fall-outs over Christmas

Always good for a retrospective chuckle.

My dad, me and two cousins were playing scrabble on Christmas day evening. The board was set up, the tiles selected and large measures of Jack Daniels poured. Mmmm , tasty
Me to go first.

ADVENTS - a seven letter opening stonker

dad: "you can't have ADVENTS, because it's a noun with a capital letter. Like Christmas"
me: " but it's not necessarily religious. For example, 'with the advents of steel production and the steam engine, came the Industrial Revolution' "

A massive alcohol-fuelled argument ensued, the game was packed away and everyone went to bed.

The next day my mum bought a 'scrabble words' book.
ADVENTS was in it.
The book was chucked to avoid any repercussions, and THAT Christmas was never spoken about.
Old 24-12-2018, 01:35 AM

foresthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is hereforesthillbilly Sam the man is here
the time we went to my grandparents for Christmas.

Nanny liked an early morning sherry. She was doing Christmas dinner and making a sherry trifle at the same time.
I have no idea how much sherry went in the trifle, but it wasn't capable of setting. My grandmother was similarly unstable

The Hostess Trolley became her walking frame, as she stumbled into the dining room.
Nanny was asleep by dessert, which was lucky for her. The trifle was a molten gloop of custard, jelly and sherry.
Old 24-12-2018, 02:01 AM
Out Here In The Fields

petertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpetertaylor11 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My ex's brothers (early to mid 40's) were not getting along. Christmas had been fine. Then apparently about 2 in the morning Boxing Day it kicked off.
Full knock down brawl in their parent's front garden. The other sister jumping in front of one of their cars to stop him driving away drunk, daring him to hit her. Happy Days.
Old 24-12-2018, 02:31 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
My brother and I had a fight over the Christmas desserts, Christmas cake, the trifle mince pies,Christmas pudding etc

It was all rather unsavoury.
Old 24-12-2018, 04:23 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post

My dad, me and two cousins were playing scrabble on Christmas day evening. The board was set up, the tiles selected and large measures of Jack Daniels poured. Mmmm , tasty
Me to go first.

dad: "you can't have ADVENTS, because it's a noun with a capital letter. Like Christmas"
me: " but it's not necessarily religious. For example, 'with the advents of steel production and the steam engine, came the Industrial Revolution' "

A massive alcohol-fuelled argument ensued, the game was packed away and everyone went to bed.

ADVENTS was in it.
The book was chucked to avoid any repercussions, and THAT Christmas was never spoken about.

Jesus, play it on a computer or an iPad - I have no idea what "qi" is but it's got me out of many a jam.
Old 24-12-2018, 05:57 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
My brother and I had a fight over the Christmas desserts, Christmas cake, the trifle mince pies,Christmas pudding etc

Boom boom.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 24-12-2018, 06:47 AM
Now cough, please

HOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is hereHOL_Beagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post

Terrible gag.

And one I shall be repeating tomorrow.
Old 24-12-2018, 06:50 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:

Me to go first.

ADVENTS was in it.
That made me chuckle.
Old 24-12-2018, 09:23 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Me to go first.

ADVENTS was in it.
Is advents (as opposed to advent) really a word?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 24-12-2018, 09:34 AM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Never been too much of that in my family, probably because most of them don't drink. Worst I can recall is my aunt's forest supporting husband bringing my grandmother to tears over something to do with football, which I still struggle to comprehend to this day because she has no interest in the sport.
I'll be there
CLIMBING UP THE WAAAAAAAALLS
Old 24-12-2018, 09:55 AM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
With my lot it normally gets round to football , a good mix of palace and millwall doesn't ferment well , and invariably descends into abject misery for the millwall arm of the clan . The last 3 years my mother has banned football from the conversation, after a small bout of fisticuffs 4 years ago, but we get around this caveat by saying we are talking about millwall , which confuses her bless her . My cousin Barney ( millwall) has already texted me to say no football talk this year, I wonder why ?

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 24-12-2018, 12:21 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Is advents (as opposed to advent) really a word?
I suppose you could say:

"The advent of steam power gave impetus to the industrial revolution. "

Or...

"The advents of both steam power and population growth gave impetus to the industrial revolution."

Or is that a bit wanky?
Old 24-12-2018, 12:40 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweedman View Post
Worst I can recall is my aunt's forest supporting husband bringing my grandmother to tears over something to do with football
Mentioning Mark Hughes and 7 remaining minutes ?
Old 24-12-2018, 08:06 PM

Salad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is hereSalad_Burnet Sam the man is here
Having a mother who's rather lacking in social graces, I always remember when she wanted to leave, say, a family event or something to go home, rather than take her leave in a civilised manner, she'd just start a fight and flounce off in a rage instead. It was just easier.
Old 24-12-2018, 09:38 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post
Having a mother who's rather lacking in social graces, I always remember when she wanted to leave, say, a family event or something to go home, rather than take her leave in a civilised manner, she'd just start a fight and flounce off in a rage instead. It was just easier.
That explains a lot.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk