Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 23-06-2004, 05:27 AM

daz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
this is a great thread, with so many sound contributions. i wondered how people are getting on now? i know what it's like. i hope i'm writing a 'came out clean on the other side' thread one day.
Old 23-06-2004, 05:38 AM

daz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Old 10-10-2004, 11:05 AM

PoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePoolKing : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I have had a problem for the past half year and couldn'tput my finger on what was wrong but after reading this tread tink I've found the answer. I started to get the triggers when I started feeling no pleasure in things I usually enjoyed, I used to get a real buzz when I won a game of pool hence the username, but now when I win a match or tourny the excitement is not there, I don't even enjoy playing anymore so winning doesn't occur that much. I seem to be going through life feeling no emotions, good or bad for anything. For the past month a lot of days I have just wallowed at home and don't have the desire to do anything.

I think I started getting like this when I failed my 2nd year at uni. Last year I had to retake just 2 modules and had a lot of time on my hands, i got lazy and missed lectures so hardly went to uni at all, lost friends, uni was very part time. I still had passion though, my goal was to be a millionaire by age 25 so still felt something. I waqs buying a rental property and then that fell through and I wasn't doing well at uni, things were going wrong. I eventually got through my exams, did no revision as the thought just made me feel bad and was lucky to pass.

The summer was meant to be big but a lot of days I found myself staying in and not doing a lot even though I didn't want to. Some things were going ok, like I was making a lot of money as throughourt last year I played poker successfully and made a lot more thn most make working full time but I don't feel happy and haveended up losing it all, my business partner is also getting fed up with my lack of input. This week has been my first back at uni and things have come to a head, deep down I want my degree but every day I cannot bring myself to go in or to work and sleep until late. I know I'm not just being lazy, it is more than that, nothing feels good, all i see is gloom, i want to just run off and escape everything but I know that if I do that then my problems will be tenfold if I come back

Sorry for going on but I wanted to get it off my chest. If this is 'depression' ho do I deal with it?
Old 10-10-2004, 11:26 AM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
I have been diagnosed with 'Reactive Depression' ('Reactive' as, unlike most depression, they can see what triggered it) after I was assaulted on a train and had my jaw broken in two places.

It's my second day on anti-depressants I swore I'd never take for reasons that other posters have touched upon in this thread.

It was either that or go under.

If you suffer from depression then see your GP asap. He's organised for me to see a councillor and for these pills.

It's lonely but you don't have to fight it alone...

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 10-10-2004, 11:47 AM

as216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego wayas216 knows a pretty little place in southern California, down San Diego way
Quote:
Originally posted by PoolKing
This week has been my first back at uni and things have come to a head, deep down I want my degree but every day I cannot bring myself to go in or to work and sleep until late. I know I'm not just being lazy, it is more than that, nothing feels good, all i see is gloom, i want to just run off and escape everything but I know that if I do that then my problems will be tenfold if I come back
This sounds a lot like what I am going through at the moment - I am just two weeks into a two-year part-time MSc but last week I quit my job because I can't see myself being able to fit everything in.

Now I'm wondering how I'm gonna be able to finance myself just working part-time/casual and over the weekend have comtemplated jacking the course in even though I've been preparing for it for the last six months.

Seems like the crossroads in life has just smacked me in the face at high speed and I'm dithering here which road to take.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:49 AM
Soup is good food.

celery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behind
I dont have much to add to the already brilliant contributions on this thread.
But the one thing I would like to say about depression is that one of the biggest problems with it, is the ridiculous stigma that is somehow still attatched to it.
Only a few years ago, I remember reading an article which said one in four Brits would experience some level of clinical depression in their lifetime.
A member of my family suffered badly from a deep depression about 10 years ago, she is now fine, well, and living a great life.
It's like any health issue, it can be mended and healed, with the right help.

GOOD LUCK SYDNEY EAGLE!
YOU WILL PULL THROUGH.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:58 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
I'm really pleased that a year after this thread began it's still helping people
Old 11-10-2004, 10:26 PM
Legends never die

jamienffc will last through forever and another dayjamienffc will last through forever and another dayjamienffc will last through forever and another dayjamienffc will last through forever and another dayjamienffc will last through forever and another dayjamienffc will last through forever and another dayjamienffc will last through forever and another dayjamienffc will last through forever and another dayjamienffc will last through forever and another dayjamienffc will last through forever and another dayjamienffc will last through forever and another day
Im really pleased that this thread was bumped up, Been reading through everything from the last year. Have suffered from depression myself & had a tough few months previously.

Just goes to show that this BBS is truely a fantastic place to unite. Im proud to contribute to these forums.

Stan Hibbert
Old 11-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Orange Member

AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969
Yeah, what an inspirational thread!!!
BTW just realised I posted the wrong link., I think it's To view the link you have to Register or Login Good resource on the happy pills.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:35 PM
Converting the heretics!

Micky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've not read through all this read, I started reading this because I thought a fellow BBSer was in trouble and I wanted to help, but the further I got into it I saw that I could be me.

Now I don't need any sympathy, but I did go through some horrendous times myself, panic attacks and the suchlike, I thought I was having a heart attack.

Anyway I went to my GP and she tore right into me, she told me that they were in fact panic attacks and not to be afraid, she said that they wouldn't kill me, and it was something not to be afraid of.

I came out of there thinking, bitch!

BTW she did describe Beta Blockers, I think I took one!

But I did listen to what she said, and I did have my dodgy moments, and very occasionally I still do!

The only reason I post this, is that there are so many of us, and I think that (not very good with words, explaining how I feel), here comes the crap, everybody else seems so in control of their life and you think, how come He does this or, how he's got that when you're trying to do the best YOU can do and you've nought to show for your endeavours.

End of rant, I think I'm actually quite lucky, lot's of things get me DOWN, but that's all they do, some people can handle drugs, some can handle drink, I think I may be an expert in handling morose.

P.S. We are all different and that is what makes us special, if we wern't what would be the point!

Warts and all etc . . .
Old 12-10-2004, 06:56 PM
Legends never die

jamienffc will last through forever and another dayjamienffc will last through forever and another dayjamienffc will last through forever and another dayjamienffc will last through forever and another dayjamienffc will last through forever and another dayjamienffc will last through forever and another dayjamienffc will last through forever and another dayjamienffc will last through forever and another dayjamienffc will last through forever and another dayjamienffc will last through forever and another dayjamienffc will last through forever and another day
thats true & a good post, im astounded to find how many people have suffered from depression & its quite outstanding how many people all have problems but cover them up.

We live in a pretty crap society in this country where we feel its taboo to feel depressed or admit to it like it is a 'mental' disease, Which infact it isn't as its very common and everyone does suffer from it whether it be through stress or through a number of problems

Stan Hibbert
Old 12-10-2004, 08:54 PM
Soup is good food.

celery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behind
Quote:
Originally posted by jamienffc

We live in a pretty crap society in this country where we feel its taboo to feel depressed or admit to it like it is a 'mental' disease, Which infact it isn't as its very common and everyone does suffer from it whether it be through stress or through a number of problems
Agree.
I think depression is often the ONLY sane response to some circumstances and situations.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:58 PM
Orange Member

AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969 AJ1969
Quote:
Originally posted by celery stick
Agree.
I think depression is often the ONLY sane response to some circumstances and situations.
hehe, too true.
Old 15-11-2004, 09:16 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My life seemed to be going nowhere pretty quickly not long ago, I was often really down, and just couldnt be bothered to do anything. The one shining light in my life was my girlfriend (who was actually on anti depressants not long ago!) but now that light has been turned off as she has split up with me, im absolutley devasted, I havent eaten properley since this happened last week, i havent slept much, I phoned in sick today so i didnt have to face any work.

She was the one thing in my life that made me happy, the one thing all my targets that i had set myself were aimed at, moving in with her, making her happy, going on holidays, xmas etc etc and just generally the future...... and now they have all gone.

I have a doctors appt on friday, It was originally for another problem, but now i feel i may mention how i have felt for the last few months. There have been times when i just didnt want to wake up in the mornings, having to face debt, and a life that i wasnt enjoying.

I am probably not depressed, although people have told me to go and see a doctor before fearing i may have a problem, but i didnt know where else to put this. It always feel better to write out your problems though and im a broken man at the moment, sounds silly i know, but she meant everything to me.
Old 15-11-2004, 09:38 PM
White Car

TrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Interesting note, I am responsible for our the drug plan at our company (I'm in Nova Scotia Canada).

We are a company of 1000+ people, average age of 34. What do you think is the #1 medication used by our employees? You guessed it, anti depression medication.

This just shows you how big this problem is.

On a lighter note, the #2 prescription of our employees is 'the pill'.
Old 15-11-2004, 10:24 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
My life seemed to be going nowhere pretty quickly not long ago, I was often really down, and just couldnt be bothered to do anything. The one shining light in my life was my girlfriend (who was actually on anti depressants not long ago!) but now that light has been turned off as she has split up with me, im absolutley devasted, I havent eaten properley since this happened last week, i havent slept much, I phoned in sick today so i didnt have to face any work.

She was the one thing in my life that made me happy, the one thing all my targets that i had set myself were aimed at, moving in with her, making her happy, going on holidays, xmas etc etc and just generally the future...... and now they have all gone.

I have a doctors appt on friday, It was originally for another problem, but now i feel i may mention how i have felt for the last few months. There have been times when i just didnt want to wake up in the mornings, having to face debt, and a life that i wasnt enjoying.

I am probably not depressed, although people have told me to go and see a doctor before fearing i may have a problem, but i didnt know where else to put this. It always feel better to write out your problems though and im a broken man at the moment, sounds silly i know, but she meant everything to me.
And sharing it will only make you feel better
Old 15-11-2004, 11:13 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Come on Steve, it'll work out. I know your life's shit at the moment but life has a funny way of turning around. My old man got sacked after 25 years in his job, they gave him no warning and ignored his contract. He has wokred every weekend for the last 15 years, worked his arse off up from the gutter to give my family everything he didnt have. He came over from Africa and worked, worked and worked almost into an early grave. But he was honest and a good all round man. He was offered a job instantly he settled his cased, and is back working just after 5 months of hell. He thought he would lose the house, he worked so hard to get and everything he had. He is now happy back at work and with a heathly settlement. He bought himself a new car and is moving on.

Nothing is ment to last forever Steve but dont give up because you have been delt a shitty hand. Get back to work and go and do all the things you couldnt do when with your mrs. See your friends, get drunk, eat junk food etc. Then focus and be happy.

Or if she's that worth it go for it. Dont sit on the BBS,

get back and engage god dam it !!!
Old 15-11-2004, 11:18 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I should add that the reason we split was because she feels she needs time to live a bit, and be single for a bit, not always having to think of me before going out etc etc. She is young so its understandable that she wants some time to be her own person, she also wants to concentrate on her work and college as she is in the last year of a specialised cheffing course at a big hotel, she say's who knows what will happen in few months time between us and where we will go, so there is no actual closure of the relationship which makes it worse.
Old 15-11-2004, 11:21 PM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Good luck Steve
Hope everything works out sooner than later mate

Paul
Old 15-11-2004, 11:27 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I should add that the reason we split was because she feels she needs time to live a bit, and be single for a bit, not always having to think of me before going out etc etc. She is young so its understandable that she wants some time to be her own person, she also wants to concentrate on her work and college as she is in the last year of a specialised cheffing course at a big hotel, she say's who knows what will happen in few months time between us and where we will go, so there is no actual closure of the relationship which makes it worse.
Yip that sucks. I could understand if my mrs wanted that but then i would know she isnt for me. I know you dont want to hear it but if she wanted just you, you would be with her right now. There are SO many women out here, jump on a plane and i'll cheer you up. Milliondollar srip club has your name all over it.

Call up a mate (bloke) and go for a drink. Dont be one of these poofs who calls up a bird and crys to her.