Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 17-07-2017, 02:42 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
We all have different opinions about players but any one taking a serious look at Chambers as a right back will know that he did not make the grade at Arsenal for a reason.

His marking is suspect and he often gets the wrong side of his opponent.
Old 17-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
First reaction was similar to many here - has to be a joke.

Reasoned logic though also similar to recent posters... Up front fee with sizeable add on's makes sense. Arsenal signed him as one of the really highly rated talents at the time - if he does onto live up to the original hype/potential then they won't want to look totally stupid.
Old 17-07-2017, 02:43 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
we payed in the region of £12m for PVA and Schlupp.
.....in January....from relegation rivals.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 17-07-2017, 02:45 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
We all have different opinions about players but any one taking a serious look at Chambers as a right back will know that he did not make the grade at Arsenal for a reason.
Probably nothing to do with having Bellerin and trying to play Chambers as a centre back in a side that now has vastly better centre backs, you are right
Old 17-07-2017, 02:47 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
I would like him. But these reports don't seem to have much behind them at the moment.
Old 17-07-2017, 02:52 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
.....in January....from relegation rivals.
and next January in the same situation those players will cost £15 Million each, hyper inflation of transfers fees is just a thing now
Old 17-07-2017, 02:52 PM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Could we be looking to play three at the back ?
Old 17-07-2017, 02:53 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
But why pay the 'english' premium when you can go find someone better for less in Europe?
That's a point I tend to agree with, but if the club have decided they want him then I'd imagine their is a reason
Old 17-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
and next January in the same situation those players will cost £15 Million each, hyper inflation of transfers fees is just a thing now
If the purchaser is desperate and a rival, perhaps. But they cannot be used to justify £20m for Chambers when the seller wants rid, the purchaser is not desperate and not a rival.

Also I seriously doubt we paid £12m for Schlupp.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 17-07-2017, 02:54 PM

I'm hoping we get Ridewald, BMI and Chambers and that we see Dann, Delaney and Kelly go by next summer
Old 17-07-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
If the purchaser is desperate and a rival, perhaps. But they cannot be used to justify £20m for Chambers when the seller wants rid, the purchaser is not desperate and not a rival.

Also I seriously doubt we paid £12m for Schlupp.
I don't think it would be £20 million up front though, I think it'd be £10 million up front a fee after so many games, a fee after international caps and a sell on fee, should he become the player they think he could have been.
Old 17-07-2017, 02:56 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm hoping we get Ridewald, BMI and Chambers
This would be amazing, especially if the up front cost is around what Sakho would have cost
Old 17-07-2017, 03:05 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don't think it would be £20 million up front though, I think it'd be £10 million up front a fee after so many games, a fee after international caps and a sell on fee, should he become the player they think he could have been.
To be fair old yellow tie jim said a fee believed to be rising to £20m... two key words.. believed.. and rising... and it's from Jim White
Old 17-07-2017, 03:06 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
He's a decent player but no better than Dann or Tomkins as a CB and lacks pace as a RB when I watch him play.
Not at the moment but he's still very young. Look where Dann and Tomkins were at his age. We could have potentially a £40M player in this crazy market in the space of three years.

Clinton Morrison
Old 17-07-2017, 03:09 PM

kark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is here
20 mil is ridiculous. He's overrated

Keep ward and use that money for sakho ffs
Old 17-07-2017, 03:11 PM

kark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm hoping we get Ridewald, BMI and Chambers and that we see Dann, Delaney and Kelly go by next summer
Agree, I like Dann and Delaney but it is time for r-r-revolution to der toatle futball way
Old 17-07-2017, 03:11 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
Probably nothing to do with having Bellerin and trying to play Chambers as a centre back in a side that now has vastly better centre backs, you are right
Arsenal played him at centre back and he was all over the place which is why they tried him in his second position at right back. Southampton also tried him at right back in competition with Clyne. I would perhaps take him as an improvement to Kelly but 20k is over the top for him.
Old 17-07-2017, 03:13 PM

Would still take him at RB. Very good at Soton and played the ball out well which I suppose is a trait high on FDBs radar. From what ive seen can actually cross the ball too.

Also another youth that can cover multiple positions which I will never complain about.
Old 17-07-2017, 03:14 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kark View Post
20 mil is ridiculous. He's overrated

Keep ward and use that money for sakho ffs
Luckily, no one is listening to you.
Old 17-07-2017, 03:16 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
I'd like this. Don't think it'll happen, though. Just seems like one of those transfer rumours that drag out that has no substance to it.

Jim White has just seen a couple of articles which were based on betting odds and gone with it IMO.

Free Palestine