Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 17-07-2017, 09:55 PM

Soarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Just because Burnley mugged Everton off I don't see why we should be victims. £16m for an Arsenal backup player is steep even by today's standards.
Really?

Think this is a decent fee considering the crazy prices for English Premiership players
Old 17-07-2017, 09:55 PM

hedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath eagle View Post
Permanent
Cheers think he would be a good signing and can cover right back as well
Old 17-07-2017, 09:56 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Good young player.

I'd be happy to sign him.

I would think 16 million is fair-ish. I think that's what Arsenal paid for him, including add ons.

Even as a Sakho fan, it might be a better deal to have Riedewald and Chambers instead. Having said that I would still like to sign Sakho, an amazing player in my opinion.
Old 17-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGlɑzier came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm sorry, I hear what everyone's saying, but for me 16m is still too high, especially combined with his wages. He's not done enough to be worth that, even with his potential.

We need to keep looking.
Old 17-07-2017, 09:59 PM

CoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Compared to Kyle Walker at £45m then £16m is a bargain.
Old 17-07-2017, 10:00 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDownEagle View Post
Compared to Kyle Walker at £45m then £16m is a bargain.
I might be dreaming but wasnt Walker more like £55m?
Old 17-07-2017, 10:07 PM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glɑzier View Post
I'm sorry, I hear what everyone's saying, but for me 16m is still too high, especially combined with his wages. He's not done enough to be worth that, even with his potential.

We need to keep looking.
I think it was reported somewhere a couple of weeks ago that pretty much all clubs outside of the big six pay their transfer fees in instalments. So this summer we'd probably only be spending about £5/6m up front.

Plus, media sources only tend to give the full amount of deals when reporting them - many deals involve performance related add-ons with a smaller initial fee.

I wouldn't be surprised that based on that if we'd be spending about £12m in instalments.
Old 17-07-2017, 10:09 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Of all the decent money signings we have been rumoured to be involved in since promotion this one feels like the least appealing. Too much for someone who simply is not that great.
Old 17-07-2017, 10:14 PM

johnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
I might be dreaming but wasnt Walker more like £55m?
Apparently so. Spurs must be p* ssing themselves laughing!! Getting 55 million for an above average full back when they already have someone better to take his place
Old 17-07-2017, 10:22 PM

hedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Maybe we are waiting to seal this and announce both chambers and ridewald ☺
Old 17-07-2017, 10:27 PM

The12thman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe12thman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe12thman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe12thman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe12thman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe12thman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe12thman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe12thman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe12thman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe12thman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe12thman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would prefer loan for a season with him proving a point and showing hunger to play, with an option to make it permanent for a set fee after next season. But not around £20m, that's steep for a young Arse back up.

£15/16m with add ons. £17m with add ons at a push. I feel that's really generous as we are taking a gamble on decent potential. Also having an option to sign means we don't have to if he's toilet for us and funds can be invested elsewhere.
Old 17-07-2017, 10:27 PM

Friskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is here
Way too much money IMO.
Old 17-07-2017, 10:28 PM

Gollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is here
Was Chambers playing for Southampton when Sammy Lee was coach there ?
Old 17-07-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The12thman View Post
I would prefer loan for a season with him proving a point and showing hunger to play, with an option to make it permanent for a set fee after next season. But not around £20m, that's steep for a young Arse back up.

£15/16m with add ons. £17m with add ons at a push. I feel that's really generous as we are taking a gamble on decent potential. Also having an option to sign means we don't have to if he's toilet for us and funds can be invested elsewhere.
He played 24 games for Middlesbrough last season, so he has proved a point and also is first choice for England under 21s, his price is a reflection of the market but I doubt it will be 20m upfront anyway
Old 17-07-2017, 10:33 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
Was Chambers playing for Southampton when Sammy Lee was coach there ?
Good point .
Old 17-07-2017, 10:35 PM

Optimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Couple of Boro ST holders I know - commute from Surrey - thought he was a fairly close 2nd to Gibson as Player of the year last season. Boro's issue wasn't conceding goals. They really rated him.
Old 17-07-2017, 10:42 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Of all the decent money signings we have been rumoured to be involved in since promotion this one feels like the least appealing. Too much for someone who simply is not that great.
He is very ordinary and wish we could get someone with a little bit more pace as we lack that in central defence . When I have seen Chambers at full back he hasn't really looked comfortable .
Old 17-07-2017, 10:44 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The12thman View Post

He's being kept out by Hector Bellerin........

I checked wiki he's played

22 times for Southampton in the prem,
23 times for Arsenal in his first season,
12 in his second,
Once in his third season!
24 times for Middlesborough.

Thats not too shabby for a young player of 22 who is not first choice. That's involvement in a first team premiership squad four out of five seasons.

Borough had one of the tightest defences in the league under Karanka. They just had no creativity or no consistent goal scorers.
Old 17-07-2017, 10:58 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
He is very ordinary and wish we could get someone with a little bit more pace as we lack that in central defence . When I have seen Chambers at full back he hasn't really looked comfortable .
We're not buying the finishes article. At the same age Scott Dann was playing for Coventry in the Championship and he's turned out to be alright.
Old 17-07-2017, 10:59 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Could be that the money set aside for Sakho's transfer will be spent on Ridewald, Chambers and Indi.