Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 18-07-2017, 12:44 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Because when I've seen him play for ArsenL he has looked very average and poor at times.
Most people reckon he did well at Boro LAST season. I hope that if we get him he fulfils his potential under FDB - one of the things wrong with Arsenal is Steve Bould
Old 18-07-2017, 12:56 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
I think that's a very good post Martin H.

There's a very thin line sometimes between making it and not making it, Johnny Williams is a good example, he's had injuries at bad times and he's physique doesn't help, but at times he's looked a good player. I remember reading a report on a Wales match a couple of years ago saying he was brilliant and the best man on the pitch that night and it was against top opposition and Bale was playing.

Even Wilf looked a bit of a dud for the wankers and then out on loan at Cardiff.
Old 18-07-2017, 01:03 PM
Palace since 1970

Gazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazpacho came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Feel more likely to be a fee around £10 mil rising to....£16 mil.
2 positions covered, young, will be active around the squad. Has to be the sort of player that we should be looking at. Will also benefit from regular football but still developing.

I think we should be prepared for some wheeling and dealing and one or two players to also go because the financial fair play rules have some impact on a club like Palace.

Norman Wisdom.
Old 18-07-2017, 01:28 PM

CPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC247 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Because when I've seen him play for ArsenL he has looked very average and poor at times.
Not sure judging him on his time at Arsenal, when the tactics seemed to be the same as Pardews when it came to defending, is the right thing to do. The whole Arsenal backline at the time Chambers was playing was left exposed by a lack of any defensive midfield or players willing to track back.

He was very good at Boro last season and is English and young. Worth a punt and 16m sounds a lot, but what about 14m for PVA and 19m for Harry McGuire from Hull. The money has gone mad.
Old 18-07-2017, 01:32 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
2 positions covered, young, will be active around the squad. Has to be the sort of player that we should be looking at. Will also benefit from regular football but still developing.

I think we should be prepared for some wheeling and dealing and one or two players to also go because the financial fair play rules have some impact on a club like Palace.
I have to say I do not buy into this FFP bit because if clubs like Bournemouth flout it I would not be surprised if we were to do the same even if it was just once and paid a fine
Old 18-07-2017, 01:33 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post

FFP is unlikely to affect us much if at all. Gwtting rid of a lot of players who don't play much freed up a lot of wages and the £7m allowance and increased revenue from sponsorship will allow us to increase but £200k+ a week. As long as those coming in are not on silly wages we will be fine.
Old 18-07-2017, 01:34 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
I have to say I do not buy into this FFP bit because if clubs like Bournemouth flout it I would not be surprised if we were to do the same even if it was just once and paid a fine
When have Bournemouth flouted it?
Old 18-07-2017, 01:36 PM

mylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmylona came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Why on earth are people so keen to rubbish a player that we are fairly clearly interested in getting? A lot of Southampton fans rated him highly and age is certainly on his side. FDB has the nous and experience to polish him up.
I really knew little about him, but having watched his 2015/16 video on YouTube he looks OK. Is strong in the tackle and has good ball control and retention for a CB. What looked good is the way he can bring the ball forward. Not sure why so many are dismissing him or suggesting no better than Ward.
Old 18-07-2017, 01:45 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
When have Bournemouth flouted it?
Correct me if I am wrong but I find it very hard to believe they are operating within their means, they weren't while they were in the championship and I doubt they are in the Premier League
Old 18-07-2017, 01:48 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong but I find it very hard to believe they are operating within their means, they weren't while they were in the championship and I doubt they are in the Premier League
What is their capacity, 1300 or something isn't it? Not much coming in from there.
Old 18-07-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
You are not wrong with that statement i do not think. It probably means you (or I) are confused over Financial Fair Play and the rules for the PL. The Championship has one set of rules, based on allowed losses. UEFA has a different set of rules for those in its competitions based on losses over a period of time.

The PL has the weakest set of rules which are based around increases in wage bill in relation to non-TV derived income (gate reciepts/Sponsorship etc).
Old 18-07-2017, 01:51 PM

jimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
What is their capacity, 1300 or something isn't it? Not much coming in from there.
1300? Gosh, I know it's small, but didn't realise it was Plough Lane small.

Would be interesting to see what their loyalty program looks like. Buy one season ticket, get £1m to spend in the club shop or on burgers, etc. Sustainable revenue like a mother****a!
Old 18-07-2017, 01:52 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimos_uk View Post
1300? Gosh, I know it's small, but didn't realise it was Plough Lane small.

Would be interesting to see what their loyalty program looks like. Buy one season ticket, get £1m to spend in the club shop or on burgers, etc. Sustainable revenue like a mother****a!
Don't hold me to that, I just know it's tiny in relation to most other clubs in the PL.

Blimey, just checked and Wiki says 11,464! They are often wrong though...

Last edited by Nostrils; 18-07-2017 at 01:55 PM.
Old 18-07-2017, 01:56 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
You are not wrong with that statement i do not think. It probably means you (or I) are confused over Financial Fair Play and the rules for the PL. The Championship has one set of rules, based on allowed losses. UEFA has a different set of rules for those in its competitions based on losses over a period of time.

The PL has the weakest set of rules which are based around increases in wage bill in relation to non-TV derived income (gate reciepts/Sponsorship etc).
Ok, in which case they have what 12K capacity, no idea what their sponsorship revenue would be, though likely to be one of the lower amounts compared to other clubs. Their wage bill must also be very high for a club of their size so I reckon it would be miraculous if they are not breaking the rules
Old 18-07-2017, 02:00 PM
Banned by Moderators

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylona View Post
I really knew little about him, but having watched his 2015/16 video on YouTube he looks OK. Is strong in the tackle and has good ball control and retention for a CB. What looked good is the way he can bring the ball forward. Not sure why so many are dismissing him or suggesting no better than Ward.
Its because no one is good enough that we sign
Its the players other clubs sign that are.....apparently. Remember people moaning when we did not sign caulker I think it was
Great player........not
Old 18-07-2017, 02:10 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Agree with this.

I also have this pet theory (which will upset some I am sure) that some of the players that do break through at an early age get damaged reputationally because they are not quite ready for some reason (physically, mentally, experience or plain not having completed their apprenticeship). They are promoted to first team too soon. Then having been around for 'ever' without being super special they become damaged goods. So Chambers reputation has been diminshed by arriving at Arsenal and not being sensational from day one. If he was just emerging from the U21 tournament

Chalobah is one of those - playing anywhere week in week out at 18 was impressive and he is only 22 now and TBH maybe I am guilty of underestimating that with him. Chambers is the same. In the U21 World Cup he looked very good. Moses arguably was close to the point of being billed as a disappointment until last season and he was just 25.

Might not be explaining it well but I just think that managing the transition of youngsters to full first team isn't just about whacking them in and playing them every week as if they were a full blown professional. I am not saying they shouldn't play - more that we can't expect EVERY youngster to debut at 19 and play every week. Some will cope, some will not. Clyne could cope but maybe even Wilf could have benefitted from a rest but we were struggling so badly back then he could ride out his patchy form. It is probably only last season that he has matured into delivering every week.

Anyway Chambers is a thumbs up from me and should end up with a tidy profit on resale.
A lot of bloody good points, there. Good post.

Free Palestine
Old 18-07-2017, 02:19 PM

Friskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Ok, in which case they have what 12K capacity, no idea what their sponsorship revenue would be, though likely to be one of the lower amounts compared to other clubs. Their wage bill must also be very high for a club of their size so I reckon it would be miraculous if they are not breaking the rules
Didn't we pay £20m more in wages than Bournemouth last season?

I'm not sure why everyone thinks they're breaking it. I imagine they're well inside it. The TV money is key, match day revenue is tiny for most clubs in comparison.
Old 18-07-2017, 02:30 PM
Mr Irony

Neckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is here
You only see one team worrying about FFP.
Old 18-07-2017, 02:36 PM

kilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekilkennyjim : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It would be great business to sign him. He was very good in the euros this summer can adapt to couple positions and has a resale value that may be more than what will be paid for him now. Signing young players with talent is the way to go
Old 18-07-2017, 02:36 PM

No.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNo.16 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Agree with Martin H's post about unfair reputational damage. If he were Spanish, French, Belgian, Italian or Dutch and capped at full international level and a regular in his country's under 21s we'd all be frothing at the mouth (e.g. we are to a certain extent with Jairo and he's only 2 years younger with similar number of caps).

Someone I know who has trained with him said he's cultured for his position, good player, but obviously not the biggest. Sounds like a potentially solid investment considering centre halfs take time to mature and establish their own style of play, last season would have done him the world of good playing next to Gibson.