Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 12-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
There would be no question if its the same quality player that we saw at Southampton and in his early days at Arsenal, but Now? for me Chambers had a very average season at Boro, nothing that made him stand out so as to say, Yes.
Surely if we were to sign the Dutch CB, then the interest in Chambers was only as an alternative? or could it be that Scott Dann is being sold and Chambers is his replacement, which would make good sense as there is a good player ready to surface again. Sadly though Scotty seems on the wane so maybe a good time for change.
At that age I think it would be a great swap for Scott. Has the pace to get up and down which should stop us dropping so deep. There is nothing wrong with defending when we need to but we have in the past dropped so deep that we make it very difficult to break out at times.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:08 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
I watched the under 21s were he played well but he was at fault for a goal. Personally I do not think that he has made much progress since his transfer to Arsenal and It is no surprise that they want to get as much money as possible, would not want Jenkinson for similar reasons.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:14 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
I watched the under 21s were he played well but he was at fault for a goal. Personally I do not think that he has made much progress since his transfer to Arsenal and It is no surprise that they want to get as much money as possible, would not want Jenkinson for similar reasons.
That's how I see it.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:15 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Burnley keen
Old 12-07-2017, 06:25 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
Mediocre, Ordinary, Average.
Sounds like he's getting better at that rate
Old 12-07-2017, 06:49 PM
face and voice for radio

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
I think he feels he's better than he is.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:28 PM
Apprentice Critic.

4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think he feels let down by Arsenal and Aitor Karanka didn't do him any favours at Middlesborough either. At only 22, he would definitely be a potential asset for us under FDB if his fee was reasonable.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:47 PM
Wash n' gone

Thin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThin on Top came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've heard from a reliable source there's some legs in this.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:16 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
I assume as this is from the Advertiser we're not paying it much attention...?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Important clarification here that this isn't a story that is from the Advertiser. They have just done an article based on what the bookies' odds are.

If we can winter this one out, we can summer anywhere
Old 12-07-2017, 09:19 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
I have a number of friends who are Middlesbrough fans and they rate him very highly.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:21 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
And how often was that . Did well for England U-21 from what I saw.
And started ahead of holding.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:12 PM
Waterproof member

JHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
There would be no question if its the same quality player that we saw at Southampton and in his early days at Arsenal, but Now? for me Chambers had a very average season at Boro, nothing that made him stand out so as to say, Yes.
Surely if we were to sign the Dutch CB, then the interest in Chambers was only as an alternative? or could it be that Scott Dann is being sold and Chambers is his replacement, which would make good sense as there is a good player ready to surface again. Sadly though Scotty seems on the wane so maybe a good time for change.
I have a boro supporting mate and he started today that Chambers was superb for them in central defence.
Old 13-07-2017, 01:37 AM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
He was certainly good while at Soton from what I remember
Old 13-07-2017, 09:39 AM
Banned by Moderators

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
He was certainly good while at Soton from what I remember
Which is why Arsenal got him! I rate him better than Stones but then again I rate delaney better than stones and I accept that delaney is on decline
Old 13-07-2017, 10:17 AM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good Player a couple of years ago but like most young guys at Arsenal he's lost his way a bit. Could do very well at Palace.
Old 13-07-2017, 10:23 AM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
That's how I see it.
Take away the over-hyped Southampton "brand", and you have another very ordinary player, well marketed by the Southampton machine.
The "England set-up" are always eager to apply some lustre to the latest Saints "product" - just as long as he is still warm.
Old 13-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Dub

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
Take away the over-hyped Southampton "brand", and you have another very ordinary player, well marketed by the Southampton machine.
The "England set-up" are always eager to apply some lustre to the latest Saints "product" - just as long as he is still warm.

Old 13-07-2017, 10:36 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
how much though?
Old 13-07-2017, 10:58 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHJ EAGLE View Post
I have a boro supporting mate and he started today that Chambers was superb for them in central defence.
I can't argue with that, but i can only judge from what I saw on the box last season.
As i said he looked an outstanding prospect previously but felt he lost focus which could be down to lack of game time at Arsenal, and i certainly would NOT be against him joining as at 22 he is only going to get better especially under a manager that encourages young players.
I assume with the Ajax boy about to join, must mean One of Kelly or the unfortunate Dann being sold, to balance the books if Chambers were to join.
Old 13-07-2017, 11:00 AM

BR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBR5 Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Very good defender. If he wants to be top class will need to specialise at centre back as not sure he has the pace to play full back with the requirement to get up and down the flank so much. Could be an excellent investment if the price is right.

Also like the fact that if we do go for him and Riedewald we have a lot of positional flexibility. Both can play centre back (ideally) one left back, one right back and cover holding the midfield. with Schlupp able to cover the whole left side we start to look like we have some flexibility of options.

Last edited by BR5 Eagle; 13-07-2017 at 11:03 AM.