Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 17-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Banned by Moderators

palacedaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacedaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacedaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacedaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacedaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacedaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacedaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacedaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacedaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacedaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacedaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
Arsenal played him at centre back and he was all over the place which is why they tried him in his second position at right back. Southampton also tried him at right back in competition with Clyne. I would perhaps take him as an improvement to Kelly but 20k is over the top for him.
You don't think 20k would be a bargain then ?
Old 17-07-2017, 03:21 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
I'd like this. Don't think it'll happen, though. Just seems like one of those transfer rumours that drag out that has no substance to it.

Jim White has just seen a couple of articles which were based on betting odds and gone with it IMO.

Jim White is pretty well connected to be fair.
Old 17-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Probationary User

jaayman is playing for a contract
people talking about him as a replacement for Ward, didn't he play centre back for all of last season at Boro?
Old 17-07-2017, 03:22 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
A deal rising to £20m could be anything. Most importantly it goes without saying it would likely only hit the max amount if he is good for us and hits the relevant targets, in which case its unlikely it would be a high fee.
Old 17-07-2017, 03:23 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayman View Post
people talking about him as a replacement for Ward, didn't he play centre back for all of last season at Boro?
IMO he was by far at his best as RB for Soton, but he can play centre back yes
Old 17-07-2017, 03:26 PM

costello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is herecostello Sam the man is here
Too slow to be a top full-back.
Old 17-07-2017, 03:28 PM

RPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Risky deal, wouldnt pay over 20 mil for him, better of spending a further 5/6 on sakho
Old 17-07-2017, 03:30 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
But why pay the 'english' premium when you can go find someone better for less in Europe?
And take away the core core of our DNA? We have to keep the balance right imo.
Old 17-07-2017, 03:39 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPizzey View Post
Risky deal, wouldnt pay over 20 mil for him, better of spending a further 5/6 on sakho
Much younger and would be on lower wages I imagine.
Old 17-07-2017, 03:39 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
I had heard this rumour to be fair, a week or so ago - same source told me about Martins-Indi & Ajax lad as well, so I think there's truth in it.

Expect 3 at the back next season. & don't be surprised to see Dann go.
Old 17-07-2017, 03:40 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Up to £20M for Chambers? Have a laugh. If that was the case you'd think we would just go for the Sakho deal
Old 17-07-2017, 03:44 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
I had heard this rumour to be fair, a week or so ago - same source told me about Martins-Indi & Ajax lad as well, so I think there's truth in it.

Gut feeling is Dann's had it
Old 17-07-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post

Cillessen
Chambers - BMI - Riedewald
Van der Wiel - Cabaye - Luka - PVA
Zaha - Benteke - Townsend

?
Old 17-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Maybe more to the point is that he can play right side CB in a three at the back.

The U23s played 3 at the back and you would have to think that FDB is setting out the shape of that team to be the same as the first team. It would explain the apparent overload of CBs and would make PVA a far better player I think.

You would think that also confirms Wilf and Andros tucking in and/or playing in the 10 role on occasion as we move to a 3 4 2 1 shape? Likely very fluid if we do end up like this with the RW/LW roaming across behind the CF.

-----------------GK
------CB-------CB--------CB

RWB ----- DM-----DM-------LWB

----RW-------------------LW
---------------CF

Chambers could possibly cover as the wing back too although his time at Arsenal there didn't work out as well as at Southampton.

So maybe makes more sense and with Jairo on the Left side of the 3 the only question who is in the middle? Dann? Tomkins or a TBA
Old 17-07-2017, 03:48 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
He said he wants Zaha to play in his best position, which to me means, he doesnt want him tracking back, so a 3 that can become a 5 would make sense
Old 17-07-2017, 03:49 PM

RPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRPizzey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Much younger and would be on lower wages I imagine.
Agreed but got that in Jairo hopefully, need a leader back there
Old 17-07-2017, 03:49 PM

kark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is herekark Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Up to £20M for Chambers? Have a laugh. If that was the case you'd think we would just go for the Sakho deal
Exactly, if we're going to pay stupid transfer fees, let's at least get a quality player out of it
Old 17-07-2017, 03:51 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Don't think we'll be playing 3 at the back. He said he doesn't want to change too much to quickly as it could be suicidal. A new keeper and 3 new centre backs with no Dann or Tomkins? Don't think so.

I don't think Martins Indi will be joining either.

Have a better idea of the formation on Wednesday
Old 17-07-2017, 03:53 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
I'd put good money on us playing 4-3-3

Clinton Morrison
Old 17-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Probationary User

jaayman is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
IMO he was by far at his best as RB for Soton, but he can play centre back yes

Fair enough. Be interesting to see what Boro fans made of him