Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 17-07-2017, 05:12 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Make it 500 bitcoins. Just need Russ_uk to facitiliate the deal. Anyone know how I can get hold of him?
I believe there is a rather substantial queue if you wish to speak to Russ_uk.
Old 17-07-2017, 05:13 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyStover7 View Post
To be honest, you are just making a conclusion that he is still highly rated without any support. Why wouldn't you want to know what Chelsea fans think of him?
Without any support?

Firstly I know enough Chelsea fans(unfortunately) and not the jcl type to get a decent canvas of opinion.... not a board which is full of jcl types. And I've come to my conclusion by what I have been told. Not heard one bad word about him.

More telling is that He has also played all through the England youth set up, and has played for the Chelsea first team as recent as last season. I haven't seen anything to suggest he would flop like bamford who I was told by he same mates would flop.
Old 17-07-2017, 05:20 PM
Apprentice Critic.

4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
I'm hoping we get Ridewald, BMI and Chambers and that we see Dann, Delaney and Kelly go by next summer
Thank feck someone isn't being all sentimental and maudlin over players who've been our past, but aren't our future for much longer. Let's face it, we've struggled over the last two seasons and not progressed, so why not stir the pot and find alternatives while we can still get a fee for the stalwarts who have done well for a while, but cannot lift their game any further?
Old 17-07-2017, 05:20 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friskey View Post
He's not that quick but I know what you're saying as our midfield is so slow.
Meant stamina!

Playing 3 at the back is fine.. but you need legs the midfield. Look at Chelsea with kante and now that fella from Monaco. Cabaye can't do that.

ww shall see I suppose
Old 17-07-2017, 05:25 PM

SmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Without any support?

Firstly I know enough Chelsea fans(unfortunately) and not the jcl type to get a decent canvas of opinion.... not a board which is full of jcl types. And I've come to my conclusion by what I have been told. Not heard one bad word about him.

More telling is that He has also played all through the England youth set up, and has played for the Chelsea first team as recent as last season. I haven't seen anything to suggest he would flop like bamford who I was told by he same mates would flop.
I think you should trust the consensus on other forums more than you do. I have been doing this for years and they are typically very good at evaluating players.

Here are the recent signings which have had near consensus from their previous teams forums that they are pure quality:

James McArthur
Andros Townsend
Luka Milivojovic
James Tomkins
Scott Dann
Mamadou Sakho

Here are recent signings that had near consensus from their previous teams forums that they are poor:

Alan Pardew
Jeffrey Schlupp
Matheiu Flamini
Jordan Mutch
Conner Wickham
Emmanuel Adebayor

Now, it is not perfect (e.g. I rate Wickham), but I think this list alone shows there is significant value in reading other forums. In fact, if our transfers would have been better the last few years if this was used as scouting tool.
Old 17-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Apprentice Critic.

4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPizzey View Post
Risky deal, wouldnt pay over 20 mil for him, better of spending a further 5/6 on sakho
Sakho's injured with no specified date of his return to full fitness or guarantee of whether or not he'll be the same player again. Yep, let's go and blow £25-26 mil on him.
Old 17-07-2017, 05:38 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think you should trust the consensus on other forums more than you do. I have been doing this for years and they are typically very good at evaluating players.

Here are the recent signings which have had near consensus from their previous teams forums that they are pure quality:

James McArthur
Andros Townsend
Luka Milivojovic
James Tomkins
Scott Dann
Mamadou Sakho

Here are recent signings that had near consensus from their previous teams forums that they are poor:

Alan Pardew
Jeffrey Schlupp
Matheiu Flamini
Jordan Mutch
Conner Wickham
Emmanuel Adebayor

Now, it is not perfect (e.g. I rate Wickham), but I think this list alone shows there is significant value in reading other forums. In fact, if our transfers would have been better the last few years if this was used as scouting tool.
Bolasie was laughed at by Bristol City fans when we signed him for 200K.

Clinton Morrison
Old 17-07-2017, 05:49 PM

SmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
That is the biggest myth of all time. I read the forums at the time and they thought it was outrageous he was sold for so little and that he had massive potential (but could be headless chicken at times). Here are some posts:

"Very odd if true, he was heavily involved in pre-season and looked like he had quite a big part to play this year."

"Bolaise, IMO, is better than Adomah!!!"

"I think this would be a big loss if he goes. The lad has HUGE potential!"

"Would be a blow if he leaves, I think he could be a good player for us."

"I wouldn't blame him, hasn't been given a proper chance. Bags of potential and wants to move back to the capital"

That was all just on the first page. There were some more negative reviews but it was significantly more positive overall. It is important to remember that the average fan on a message board is much more knowledgable of their players than what you read by casual fans on twitter.

Last edited by SmokeyStover7; 17-07-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Old 17-07-2017, 05:54 PM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
Make it 500 bitcoins. Just need Russ_uk to facitiliate the deal. Anyone know how I can get hold of him?
doing porridge with that filth bag RickyB
Old 17-07-2017, 06:05 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Im sure Cardiff fans also appreciated Mutch
Old 17-07-2017, 06:13 PM
one love

AJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
Im sure Cardiff fans also appreciated Mutch
They loved him, but QPR fans didn't.
Old 17-07-2017, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ8 View Post
They loved him, but QPR fans didn't.
Correct. I should have added Sanogo to the second list as well!
Old 17-07-2017, 06:40 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
That is the biggest myth of all time. I read the forums at the time and they thought it was outrageous he was sold for so little and that he had massive potential (but could be headless chicken at times). Here are some posts:

"Very odd if true, he was heavily involved in pre-season and looked like he had quite a big part to play this year."

"I wouldn't blame him, hasn't been given a proper chance. Bags of potential and wants to move back to the capital"

That was all just on the first page. There were some more negative reviews but it was significantly more positive overall. It is important to remember that the average fan on a message board is much more knowledgable of their players than what you read by casual fans on twitter.
I think it was mainly because of a BC fan that used to post a lot on here and would regularly be sniffy about how much better they were than us, including laughing at us for taking Bolasie the cutprice castoff.
Old 17-07-2017, 06:40 PM

jamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamieb73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sky confirming now that we are interested...
Old 17-07-2017, 06:42 PM

Acky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAcky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sky Sports 'sources' report we are in interested, the deal is valued at £20 million !!!
Old 17-07-2017, 06:46 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Sure about that?

Clinton Morrison
Old 17-07-2017, 06:46 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:

James McArthur
Andros Townsend
Luka Milivojovic
James Tomkins
Scott Dann
Mamadou Sakho

Alan Pardew
Jeffrey Schlupp
Matheiu Flamini
Jordan Mutch
Conner Wickham
Emmanuel Adebayor

Looking at your evidence that's a decent plan
Old 17-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acky View Post
Sky Sports 'sources' report we are in interested, the deal is valued at £20 million !!!
'Deal' probably meaning fee, add ons and 3 years wages
Old 17-07-2017, 06:47 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Way too much. Must be better out there for less?
Old 17-07-2017, 06:52 PM

thomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
@ed_aarons
Palace interested in signing Calum Chambers on loan from Arsenal with view to a permanent transfer #cpfc
Much better...