Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-11-2017, 11:40 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is just appalling: To view the link you have to Register or Login

I guess no CCTV in the house of commons bars?
Old 10-11-2017, 11:43 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post

She worked there for four years, so I am assuming the harassment was not exceptional.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-11-2017, 11:44 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
She worked there for four years, so I am assuming the harassment was not exceptional.

Not many jobs around... she could have been trapped (financially)
Old 10-11-2017, 12:07 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
yeah she was probably asking for it
Old 10-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
yeah she was probably asking for it
No, I didn't say that. It's equally possible that this is simply opportunistic.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-11-2017, 12:22 PM
Vive La Revolution

Quote:
No, I didn't say that. It's equally possible that this is simply opportunistic.
lots of things are possible. Your reply was pretty dismissive. There are lots of reasons why she may have decided to stay, naivety and money would be obvious ones. How about commenting on the actual allegations?
Old 10-11-2017, 12:38 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:

Disgusting. They should all be sacked and prosecuted where possible.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:40 PM
Semper Idem

The only allegation as far as I can see concerns an unnamed MP. And the general complaint that people in a bar can sometimes be obnoxious.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-11-2017, 12:45 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
The only allegation as far as I can see concerns an unnamed MP. And the general complaint that people in a bar can sometimes be obnoxious.
Groping someones thigh is sexual assault. This should be investigated.

There should also be a general review, and MPs should have to sign and be held account to codes of conducts, and acting like drunken pervs in bars in parliament should be one the things they can be held accountable for.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:46 PM
analyse this

bourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbourne man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I normally find your comments considered even if I don't sometimes agree
This is not your best work
Old 10-11-2017, 12:55 PM
Semper Idem

I'm not too sure it is a serious story. I think it is The Sun on an opportunistic roll of the dice. And for that reason I think it is a frothy distraction from the serious stuff.

Happy to be proved wrong.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-11-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
I'm not too sure it is a serious story. I think it is The Sun on an opportunistic roll of the dice. And for that reason I think it is a frothy distraction from the serious stuff.

Happy to be proved wrong.
Don't agree at all. Women working in bars and clubs get routinely harassed, groped and assaulted as if it is part of the job. It's not, it's a crime.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:14 PM
Semper Idem

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect more than a paid-for newspaper interview before assuming a crime has taken place.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-11-2017, 03:30 PM
Vive La Revolution

Quote:
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect more than a paid-for newspaper interview before assuming a crime has taken place.
Nobody is saying its definitely true but why assume its false and be so dismissive? In light of the recent allegations / confessions / resignations & a suicide from our MPs is it really so unlikely to be true? Is the Guido Fawkes list also untrue? Is it more likely someone would just lie about this stuff because a newspaper would pay a modest fee for such a story? Really?
Old 10-11-2017, 04:09 PM
Semper Idem

Single source reporting is often dubious, that's why.

To require additional verification - and I'm not denying it may come - is being responsible, not dismissive.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-11-2017, 04:12 PM
Vive La Revolution

Quote:
Single source reporting is often dubious, that's why.

To require additional verification - and I'm not denying it may come - is being responsible, not dismissive.
Responsible? This is a bulletin board not a jury! You keep digging but you have been dismissive of an apparent victim of serial assaults which are not out of line with other recent disclosures. If it's true it's terrible and there is nothing irresponsible about saying so.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:15 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Responsible? This is a bulletin board not a jury! You keep digging.
I don't "keep digging" ; it's a bulletin board for people to express opinions.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-11-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Responsible? This is a bulletin board not a jury! You keep digging but you have been dismissive of an apparent victim of serial assaults which are not out of line with other recent disclosures. If it's true it's terrible and there is nothing irresponsible about saying so.
Totally agree that people should start from a position of believing women when they come forward saying they have been harassed and assaulted.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:47 PM
Semper Idem

But not men?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-11-2017, 04:50 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
But not men?
Both. Gender is neither here nor there if someone has suffered harassment or sexual assault.