Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 05-04-2018, 01:19 PM
'What's for dinner?'

Max_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMax_Power came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
In the favour of truth and justice?

Why should the law continually be skewed in favour of the criminal perpetrators who will try anything, aided by lawyers with no sense of social responsibility but with both eyes on how they can extract the maximum amount of dosh (usually on legal aid) defending what is often the indefensible?

Ok, Mr Expert, how much defence is based on trying to avoid facts by twisting a case based on minutiae of dotting an "i" of crossing a "t"', like that asshole (there goes that phrase again ) Mr Loophole, who will get any 'sleb' off for a fee.

The public do not want to be conned. They want the right criminals to face justice, get their just desserts and not wriggle off. Is that not reasonable??

And, I am perfectly sane, thank you. So, ** ****! (Tirade deleted - I don't go around calling people nutters).

Edit: I see you only picked up on one phrase. Do you disagree with the sentiment of the rest of the post? Do you agree with obscure technicalities holding sway over justice?? I'm not holding my breath to know, btw.
Well the very nature of litigation is that what you believe is true and just will be different to that of others - hence an independent set of rules and laws with an independent judiciary to oversee and enforce it. Everyone who loses in court believes they have been wronged in some way, but that is why the law exists in the form that it does and why it must be enforced without emotion.

I do disagree - I will never view vigilante justice as justice. I will never cheer when someone involved in a crime ends up dead, be that perpetrator or victim, because I donít believe that death is a good thing. Iím glad for you that you can trivialise life into such a simple matter of good and bad but I donít see things that way, sorry.
Old 05-04-2018, 01:22 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EryrExile View Post
Are you talking about the pensioner?

EDIT: don't answer, I just Googled it. But I'd might as well point out that for some reason I thought maybe OG was being sarcastic about the dead guy.
Yep
Old 05-04-2018, 02:18 PM

dogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
In the favour of truth and justice?
Because truth is a subjective experience and justice a hypothetical construct. Truth as far as the law is concerned is the very complicated area of Jurisprudence (itself a branch of philosophy)..

Quote:

Why should the law continually be skewed in favour of the criminal perpetrators who will try anything, aided by lawyers with no sense of social responsibility but with both eyes on how they can extract the maximum amount of dosh (usually on legal aid) defending what is often the indefensible?
To protect innocent people from being wrongly convicted. Ideas such as beyond reasonable doubt, fair trial, jury of your peers, impartial judges etc didn't occur to protect the guilty, but to protect the innocent. Take away legal council, and you're condemning more innocent people to prison.

That's why people get legal aid, access to a solicitor etc. All this stems from a history of precedent based around wrongful and unfair, biased prosecutions.

Also if a Solicitor, Lawyer or Barrister was motivated by money alone, they wouldn't have go into criminal law. Its one of the worst paid areas of law you can choose.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:28 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
Well the very nature of litigation is that what you believe is true and just will be different to that of others - hence an independent set of rules and laws with an independent judiciary to oversee and enforce it. Everyone who loses in court believes they have been wronged in some way, but that is why the law exists in the form that it does and why it must be enforced without emotion.

I do disagree - I will never view vigilante justice as justice. I will never cheer when someone involved in a crime ends up dead, be that perpetrator or victim, because I donít believe that death is a good thing. Iím glad for you that you can trivialise life into such a simple matter of good and bad but I donít see things that way, sorry.
I'm all for true justice - bring it on.
Vigilante justice??????? Have the words 'vigilante justice' passed my keyboard?? The guy didn't search for the perpertator. He was invaded, ffs. Hardly an act of 'vigilantism'!
How many other people did the criminal invade? He was clearly intent on no good.
How many more people might still have been at risk if he had not been caught and brought to justice?
The law would likely have given him a few years (out in half that to continue his exploits).

The scrote was victim of his own lawless misadventure.

I'm NOT saying death is the answer. Any death is sad. I'm NOT saying kill the bastards and save the law the job. (If I was, half the yobs speeding at 50mph down my mother's 20mph limit road would be hanging from lampposts ). You seem to be (deliberately?) twisting what I say.

The pity is that the justice system does not have the power to incarcerate miscreants like this for long enough. The guy died, which is slim chance in his trade, but he was prepared to take the risk for his own ill-gotten profit, no matter the misery and suffering inflicted on his poor victims. Any death is sad, but some are brought on by themselves and I will not cry crocodile tears on their behalf.

Trivialising life into good and bad?? Don't be such a drama queen. Hardly. You are the one who seems to trivialsing violent crime and the perpetrators of it. You are not a lawyer are you?
Old 05-04-2018, 02:40 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
Because truth is a subjective experience and justice a hypothetical construct. Truth as far as the law is concerned is the very complicated area of Jurisprudence (itself a branch of philosophy)..

To protect innocent people from being wrongly convicted. Ideas such as beyond reasonable doubt, fair trial, jury of your peers, impartial judges etc didn't occur to protect the guilty, but to protect the innocent. Take away legal council, and you're condemning more innocent people to prison.

That's why people get legal aid, access to a solicitor etc. All this stems from a history of precedent based around wrongful and unfair, biased prosecutions.

Also if a Solicitor, Lawyer or Barrister was motivated by money alone, they wouldn't have go into criminal law. Its one of the worst paid areas of law you can choose.
Thank you, Jean-Paul Sartre. Siily me. And there's me thinking truth=not false. I'm clearly a simpleton.

The last thing anyone wants is an innocent person to be convicted. My beef is with the guilty (and they know they are) who try to evade justice. Everyone is entitled to a FAIR trial, not an extended, convoluted process designed to lie and cheat justice. I have the utmost respect for criminals who plead guilty and accept their fate. Examples of people wrongly convicted are far rarer.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:43 PM
Old and jaded

I've picked enough arguments for today here - I'm off to the vegan thread
Old 05-04-2018, 02:51 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Also if a Solicitor, Lawyer or Barrister was motivated by money alone, they wouldn't have go into criminal law. Its one of the worst paid areas of law you can choose.[/QUOTE]

Indeed - criminal barrister's are about to go on strike because of their low fees (they'd probably make more as baristas).

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 05-04-2018, 02:58 PM
Old and jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Indeed - criminal barrister's are about to go on strike because of their low fees (they'd probably make more as baristas).[/QUOTE]

My point was more that some people would argue black was white if they were paid.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:18 PM
Captain Brugge

Poosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The secret barrister has an informed take on this as far as the law is concerned:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Essentially - if it's a straight forward case of self defence then the law is very much on the home owner's side.

Last edited by Poosence; 05-04-2018 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:31 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poosence View Post
The secret barrister has an informed take on this as far as the law is concerned:

Essentially - if it's a straight forward case of self defence then the law is very much on the home owner's side.
Seems an excellent explanation of the law to me. Plus it has this wonderful line:

The only exception is if your mistaken belief is due to your voluntary intoxication. Because, frankly, getting tanked on Stella and raining fury on Winnie The Pooh in a fountain is not something the courts can condone.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 05-04-2018, 03:31 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
It says the suspect was armed with a screw driver. In this case the suspect is the home owner.
Then I guess he's screwed

(Haven't read the full thread so I'm sure that was done already. Apologies)

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 05-04-2018, 03:42 PM
Old and jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poosence View Post

Thanks for highlighting a cool, rational view
Old 05-04-2018, 04:04 PM

elgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
And it's now been revealed that the deceased was wanted by the police.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:10 PM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Seems an excellent explanation of the law to me. Plus it has this wonderful line:

The only exception is if your mistaken belief is due to your voluntary intoxication. Because, frankly, getting tanked on Stella and raining fury on Winnie The Pooh in a fountain is not something the courts can condone.
One of the most unfortunate trespassers were the pair of scallies that made the mistake of breaking into Duncan( disorderly) Ferguson gaffe in the Wirral. While they were searching for the one medal he ever won, he happened home from the local pub, with thoughts of Bannockburn and Glaswegian Independence searing through his scull. All his Christmas's must have came at once as he found the scoundrels playing with his train set and writing naughty words on his living room wall.
I think the local police worded it that, "mister Ferguson was rather over zealous in his apprehension of the burglars, who both had to receive hospital attention. Charges are pending."
Can't remember if he actually got charged.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:17 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgrande View Post
And it's now been revealed that the deceased was wanted by the police.
Makes no difference he could have been wanted for any number of crimes but the the law doesnít allow the home owner to kill him m.

We donít know the details of this case but Iím hoping that the home owner accidentally stabbed the deceased with his own weapon whilst trying to defend his property so wonít be subject to any criminal proceedings
Old 05-04-2018, 04:17 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
One of the most unfortunate trespassers were the pair of scallies that made the mistake of breaking into Duncan( disorderly) Ferguson gaffe in the Wirral. While they were searching for the one medal he ever won, he happened home from the local pub, with thoughts of Bannockburn and Glaswegian Independence searing through his scull. All his Christmas's must have came at once as he found the scoundrels playing with his train set and writing naughty words on his living room wall.
I think the local police worded it that, "mister Ferguson was rather over zealous in his apprehension of the burglars, who both had to receive hospital attention. Charges are pending."
No he didn't. They got 15 months each. (In prison I hasten to add, not hospital.)

Happened again two years later. BBC report: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-04-2018, 04:24 PM

elgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by civil eagle View Post
Makes no difference he could have been wanted for any number of crimes but the the law doesnít allow the home owner to kill him m.

We donít know the details of this case but Iím hoping that the home owner accidentally stabbed the deceased with his own weapon whilst trying to defend his property so wonít be subject to any criminal proceedings
It wasn't the reason I posted it,and the home owner has now been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:25 PM
Banned by Moderators

bomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle View Post
Let's hope the pensioner gets released so he can hunt down the second burglar like Liam Neeson in Taken.
It's a shame he didn't kill the other scumbag too.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:28 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
Sn good old Drunken & Disorderly. I got abused by him for wearing a Palace shirt in Stirling services at 2am following the Ďlast standí whilst taking a break on my journey from SE25 to Dundee
Old 05-04-2018, 04:31 PM
or maybe not so civil

Fair enough I was just making comment.

The guy who died was obviously a scumbag/desperate junkie & breaking the law so in many ways deserves his destiny