Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 08-08-2017, 02:30 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
How is that certain?
Have you been watch Speroni blindfold in his most recent first team appearances?
Old 08-08-2017, 03:31 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Are you really as dim as to not realise why Jules has played so many games in the last two years? I mean it must be an act because no one could be that dumb could they...
You've been asked fella, and I'm going to publicly ask you again. PLEASE cut out the personal abuse.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:51 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Have you been watch Speroni blindfold in his most recent first team appearances?
No, Hennessey has been the one playing with a blindfold for 2 years.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:59 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Telling lies does show it however. I know you think Jules is still good but then again you probably believe in the tooth fairy, santa and the Easter Bunny.

Hang on.... you mean.....

Noooooooo.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
No, Hennessey has been the one playing with a blindfold for 2 years.
You mean the 3 or is it 4 managers now, who have chosen WH over Speroni cpnsistantly have all got it wrong?
Old 08-08-2017, 11:20 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
You mean the 3 or is it 4 managers now, who have chosen WH over Speroni cpnsistantly have all got it wrong?

Easter was chosen ahead of Murray. For me, Speroni is better, but I accept Pardew/BFS choose WH... I have a sneaky suspicion JS will start Saturday, but we'll have a new keeper by 31st August.

WH footwork is sooo slow, and his decision making is piss poor... also when he does come for balls, he is so weak and unconvincing.

Disclaimer: This isn't hatred for WH, just my own critique of his performances during his time at Palace. I wish nothing but the best for him and his family
Old 08-08-2017, 11:29 AM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Bolton in the cup and Old Trafford away. Plus a poor team performance against Southampton, one week before the cp final?

I hope you're not using friendlies as a measure of current ability?
Old 08-08-2017, 11:38 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Where ignorance is bliss tis folly to be wise.

Rewite history won't you? Who was the keeper Pardew picked through the FA cup and who helped get us to Wembley? Your hatred for Hennessy is pitiful
I've not rewritten history at all though, have I.

Hennesey has not started any season as the number 1 keeper at Palace.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:40 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
2 managers...

Pardew (who tried to get a new number 1 in twice) and didn't bring Hennesey in till much later, and Allardyce, who was only here for 5 months.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Zuffenhausen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
Bolton in the cup and Old Trafford away. Plus a poor team performance against Southampton, one week before the cp final?

I hope you're not using friendlies as a measure of current ability?
What measure do you think the management use?

Performance in training plus any gametime, competetive or otherwise.

After all this Speromi has at best made the bench for the last 2 seasons yet people still say Speroni is a better goalkeeper at this time.

By all means keep repeating it but the team selections by multiple managers suggest otherwise
Old 08-08-2017, 11:47 AM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:

After all this Speromi has at best made the bench for the last 2 seasons yet people still say Speroni is a better goalkeeper at this time.

By all means keep repeating it but the team selections by multiple managers suggest otherwise
Pardew kept picking Hennessey to his own detriment. Hennessey kept making mistake after mistake but he didn't make the bold decision to change.

Hennessey was worse under BFS. Only when Sakho came in did things improve. That was no coincidence. Plus the fact he employed the welsh goalkeeper coach made it impossible for him to be dropped.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:00 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:

To be fair:

Pulis bought him and didn't pick him.
Warnock inherited him, and didn't pick him.
Pardew inherited him as number 2 and didn't change it for 5 months, tried to sign a new number 1 (new gk failed), picked him throughout our worst winless run (not suggesting it was his fault btw), tried to buy a new number 1 again (new gk failed).
Allardyce inherited him as number 1 and didn't change it for 5 months.

I wouldn't say its been a consistent selection of Hennessey by multiple managers at all.

I actually don't care which one plays, both aren't good enough now and neither should be playing. 1 was good enough and sadly isn't anymore, 1 hasn't been good enough and sadly isn't ever likely to be.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:07 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:

Multiple? You mean Pardew and Allardice.

One was sacked for doing a shit job.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:12 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
To be fair:

Pardew inherited him as number 2 and didn't change it for 5 months, tried to sign a new number 1 (new gk failed), picked him throughout our worst winless run (not suggesting it was his fault btw), tried to buy a new number 1 again (new gk failed).

I wouldn't say its been a consistent selection of Hennessey by multiple managers at all.

I actually don't care which one plays, both aren't good enough now and neither should be playing. 1 was good enough and sadly isn't anymore, 1 hasn't been good enough and sadly isn't ever likely to be.

Hmmm, some good points there
Old 08-08-2017, 12:13 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well two actually. Blimey, I knew Allardyce was big, but he still only counts as one
Old 08-08-2017, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayP41ace View Post
To be fair:

yep. Agreed, and explained better than I tried.

His **** up at Villa, then pathetic performance against City is what kickstarted that run, wasn't it?
Old 08-08-2017, 04:13 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I've not rewritten history at all though, have I.

Hennesey has not started any season as the number 1 keeper at Palace.
It's not who starts but who finishes and saves us from appalling keepers and terrible runs of form. Three managers on the trot ended with him through necessity. He may have his faults but he is the best we have until we get a new keeper. Speroni is so far off premiership quality now I cannot see us ever winning, unless it was against a team like Bolton who rarely troubled us.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:14 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Well Hennessey's kicking deserted him in the cup final...
Old 08-08-2017, 04:17 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Yea... you ******* prick
One rule appears to apply Slimbloke. Say anything negative about Speroni and get abused.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:36 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
One rule appears to apply Slimbloke. Say anything negative about Speroni and get abused.
It was quite clearly a joke.