Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:29 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Must have been a great internet stream to see all that peripheral stuff and then comment on it with such conviction.
That's right. When i'm at games i can see everything by all players at all times, as well as make a mental note for later comment.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Puncheon was at fault for the goal.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:31 PM

Bobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Speroni could have got the ball, probably a bit of man and not get sent off. He wasn't brave enough, now that is fact!

I'll say it as I think Brett sort of alluded to it... Jules knew if he got sent off or injured he would lose his place to Hennessey so he bottled it a bit.
This is ridiculous. He had a couple of seconds to decide what to do, he was quite right to avoid a red card, he did well to get contact on the ball and was unlucky that the ball didn't run clear of Rodriquez.

Quote:
To be fair when you give the ball away like we did it was an accident waiting to happen, it was almost like Dr Who for me when I was a kid but no sofa to hide behind so I had my face in my hands for all of the 2nd half.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Now I know people really will defend certain players no matter what.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Woodruff View Post
This is ridiculous. He had a couple of seconds to decide what to do, he was quite right to avoid a red card, he did well to get contact on the ball and was unlucky that the ball didn't run clear of Rodriquez.
He's a Keeper. He should be wondering what will happen if Puncheon makes the mistake, and with the whole team that far forward, I would argue he should be further out of his area to play the Keeper-Sweeper role that other Keepers do, but with his distribution, it's pointless doing that anyway.

He was too slow and hesitated making the decision which gave Rodriguez the chance to get there first.

And he's not unlucky that the ball didn't run clear. Rodriguez is a talented player with good control who put everything into the challenge.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:45 PM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Now I know people really will defend certain players no matter what.
It took you that long?
Old 09-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I am waiting for Timbo to come on here then I definitely know I am right.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:50 PM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
He's a Keeper. He should be wondering what will happen if Puncheon makes the mistake, and with the whole team that far forward, I would argue he should be further out of his area to play the Keeper-Sweeper role that other Keepers do, but with his distribution, it's pointless doing that anyway.

He was too slow and hesitated making the decision which gave Rodriguez the chance to get there first.

And he's not unlucky that the ball didn't run clear. Rodriguez is a talented player with good control who put everything into the challenge.
This the key point peoole keeping forgetting just because it's Speroni and he is a legend
Old 09-03-2014, 02:51 PM
Budding Archaeologist

marky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Only on the BBS could someone blame Speroni for the goal. Absolutely bewildering. Every save that Jules has to make is a result of poor defending, so why should he now get the blame for something that was TOTALLY Puncheon's making? It was a total 50-50 ball and Rodriguez got lucky. It's that simple.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Werkself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
This the key point peoole keeping forgetting just because it's Speroni and he is a legend
Which is kind of my point. If it was Hennessey you can almost guarantee people would be lambasting him on here, saying Speroni should be playing etc. People are too blinkered.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:53 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by marky1919 View Post
Only on the BBS could someone blame Speroni for the goal. Absolutely bewildering. Every save that Jules has to make is a result of poor defending, so why should he now get the blame for something that was TOTALLY Puncheon's making? It was a total 50-50 ball and Rodriguez got lucky. It's that simple.
At last somebody who knows what he's talking about.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Budding Archaeologist

marky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post

Well thank god you're not a keeper.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:54 PM
Werkself

Quote:
He is not being blamed for Puncheon's mistake. He is being criticised for poor positioning, slow to react, and not being brave enough in the challenge.

The ball came from their end, as a keeper you position yourself accordingly... Your third, around your 6 yard box, middle third around the penalty spot, opposition third around the edge of the box. Speroni ran out from a lot further back than he should have been, had he started on the edge of his box he would have cleared the balll.

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 09-03-2014 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Budding Archaeologist

Quote:
He is not being blamed for Puncheon's mistake. He is being criticised for poor positioning, slow to react, and not being brave enough in the challenge.
In that case, let's also blame Ward, Dann, Delaney and Moxey for not anticipating Puncheon's mistake and therefore not being in the right place to defend.

I suppose we definitely shouldn't blame Puncheon as all he had to do was blast it clear, but then gave the keeper no option. Course, yeah, why haven't we all thought of that?
Old 09-03-2014, 02:57 PM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
Didn't see none of you moaning about Jules when we were on a bit of a run. Funny that, isn't it?

Yet apparently you can't 'defend' certain players when we lose? Last time I heard, football is a team game and whether you want to make scapegoats of players or not the team were at fault for the goal right from when Puncheon made a ridiculous pass.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Werkself

This thread is so predictable.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Which is kind of my point. If it was Hennessey you can almost guarantee people would be lambasting him on here, saying Speroni should be playing etc. People are too blinkered.
Spot on. To be honest I really hope we see Hennessey soon his distribution can't be any worse than Speroni's yesterday and probably a taller and stronger keeper would have dealt with that easily
Old 09-03-2014, 02:58 PM
Werkself

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAssassin View Post
Didn't see none of you moaning about Jules when we were on a bit of a run. Funny that, isn't it?

Yet apparently you can't 'defend' certain players when we lose? Last time I heard, football is a team game and whether you want to make scapegoats of players or not the team were at fault for the goal right from when Puncheon made a ridiculous pass.
Maybe that's because he didn't do anything wrong in those games?! JAT.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Budding Archaeologist

If Rodriguez had gone in any harder, it would have been a foul and possibly a straight red card (although, based on the ref's performance, probably a free kick to them) so why would Speroni back out from the challenge. It's there for all to see, they both went in with the same gusto and Rodriguez one it. That's why it's called a 50-50 ball because both players have an EQUAL chance of getting it! Otherwise it would be called a Rodriguez ball.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
In that case, let's also blame Ward, Dann, Delaney and Moxey for not anticipating Puncheon's mistake and therefore not being in the right place to defend.

I suppose we definitely shouldn't blame Puncheon as all he had to do was blast it clear, but then gave the keeper no option. Course, yeah, why haven't we all thought of that?
Blinkered gone to new level right here. Embarrassing post