Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 09-07-2014, 01:21 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Think this whole FFP will crumble once someone challenges it in court.
Yup

Problem is, football wants to stay away from courts - it'll be a horrible day when players start to raise the question of transfer fees.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:41 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Problem I see with this is that they say it is to keep clubs debt free (UEFA do anyway), if someone is willing to covert all of their investment to equity the club is debt free so how can you limit how much they invest.

I expect someone like PSG to challenge this in court and win. Also are UEFA really going to take tough action and throw one of the heavy hitters out of the Champions League, unlikely.
You know Striani lost when he took this to the European Commission, right? UEFA consulted massively with the EU before it brought its rules in.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:44 PM

palacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
You know Striani lost when he took this to the European Commission, right? UEFA consulted massively with the EU before it brought its rules in.
well pointed out. Looks solid

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 09-07-2014, 01:48 PM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
True, that was an agent rather than a club though.

Would be interesting if a few of the big clubs took it to court. I was abit surprised Man City and PSG didn't kick up more fuss when they were caught out.

FFP is a good idea but it just looks slightly fragile legally I think.

Last edited by spt1978; 09-07-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:05 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
True, that was an agent rather than a club though.

Would be interesting if a few of the big clubs took it to court. I was abit surprised Man City and PSG didn't kick up more fuss when they were caught out.

FFP is a good idea but it just looks slightly fragile legally I think.
Fragile how?

Let's take the case of the UEFA FFP rules.

The EU is clearly onside. Okay they cannot dictate what the ECJ might find, but it seems unlikley they would lose there given the work undertaken with the EU in setting this up.
Domestic courts are irrelevant, other than maybe Switzerland.
CAS is irrelevant.

So how is it fragile legally?

If UEFA is serious about this, and it appears to be, then i'm not worried about it not standing up.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:12 PM

palacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacea came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Fragile how?

Let's take the case of the UEFA FFP rules.

The EU is clearly onside. Okay they cannot dictate what the ECJ might find, but it seems unlikley they would lose there given the work undertaken with the EU in setting this up.
Domestic courts are irrelevant, other than maybe Switzerland.
CAS is irrelevant.

So how is it fragile legally?

If UEFA is serious about this, and it appears to be, then i'm not worried about it not standing up.
The only fragile nature is the punishments handed to PSG and Man City. Fines were too light, also UEFA have watered down the Home grown player rule. Liverpool are not included in the FFP as they weren't in Europe last year, even though they are likely to have a heavy loss, does that also mean Man United will be let off this year as they have no Europe.

Last edited by palacea; 09-07-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Yehmon, oo...

joe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Asking as a complete novice to the legal implications of such regulations, why would FFP be illegal?

Aren't clubs signed up to the Premier League/FA voluntarily? If they don't want to comply with their rules, they can simply leave the league system surely?

Obviously they wouldn't want that - unless Man United or similar could really profit more from Harlem Globetrotter-style world tours, or indeed if it triggered the G14 league - but fans would bore of that quickly and it certainly wouldn't appeal as much to your West Hams and Cardiffs.

What I'm trying to ask is can it be restriction of trade if it's a condition of membership in the FA/Premier League/UEFA that brings them a shit-ton of TV money? Let those who disobey piss off! Can't see that being voted in though
Old 09-07-2014, 02:29 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe walker View Post
Asking as a complete novice to the legal implications of such regulations, why would FFP be illegal?
It would all come down to Article 101 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.

Which people can read if they want to. I suspect they don't want to.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:43 PM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
It would all come down to Article 101 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.

Which people can read if they want to. I suspect they don't want to.
Well would it prove to be anti-competitive under article 101, certainty impedes smaller clubs challenging the bigger ones.

Certainly stops another City or Chelsea, also gives UK and Spanish clubs an advantage because of the giant TV deals we have.

Last edited by spt1978; 09-07-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Well would it prove to be anti-competitive under article 101
Maybe (and only maybe) and in any case even if they are there is an exemption that the rules probably fall under. I would imagine this is what all the disucssions with the EU were about.

I struggle to see how PSG would make it stick. But I am not a lawyer
Old 30-06-2017, 03:14 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Financial Fair Play

How does this work exactly? It all seems a little bit odd.

I have just been reading a few articles on Football Italia and Inter Milan have just made 30m in sales to reach their target before FFP kicks in, but yet they are also offering 60m for Nainggolan and trying to sign a Centre Back from Atletico Madrid.

Absolutely none of it makes any sense to me?!
Old 30-06-2017, 04:03 AM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Basically, small clubs (like Palace) are held to stringent regulations to prevent them from either borrowing or receiving through wealthy investors large amounts of money to send on improving their relative footballing status. But eurodarlings (like Inter) can do whatever the hell they like because they always have and to be held to the strictures of FFP would disadvantage them by letting lesser clubs close the gap.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 30-06-2017, 04:26 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I don't get why you can clear off €30m to then be able to spend €60m. How do the cut offs work?
Old 30-06-2017, 04:55 AM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
The €60m will be amortised in the accounts over the length of the contract. So three year contract would be €20m in tranfer fees per year etc.

I assume transfer fees you receive are accounted for only in thr year received.
Old 30-06-2017, 05:12 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham_eagle View Post
The 60m will be amortised in the accounts over the length of the contract. So three year contract would be 20m in tranfer fees per year etc.

I assume transfer fees you receive are accounted for only in thr year received.
Surely it should work both ways? Would love to see it broken down club by club. But I guess that would require manbetx levels of transparency.

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 30-06-2017, 06:38 AM
Mr Irony

Neckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Surely it should work both ways? Would love to see it broken down club by club. But I guess that would require manbetx levels of transparency.
It puzzles me as well. The only club that ever seems bothered by Fair Play is Palace.

It is designed to keep the little sides down. When it was originally mooted it was going to be based on debt but when certain darling clubs pointed out they were permanently in debt it was quickly changed to turnover. This basically prevents any smaller club mounting any kind of concerted challenge.
Old 30-06-2017, 06:51 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle View Post
It puzzles me as well. The only club that ever seems bothered by Fair Play is Palace.

It is designed to keep the little sides down. When it was originally mooted it was going to be based on debt but when certain darling clubs pointed out they were permanently in debt it was quickly changed to turnover. This basically prevents any smaller club mounting any kind of concerted challenge.
I think you are right. In a similar way the 25 man squad rule helps the big clubs playing in Europe, but does cock all for the smaller clubs, who are forced to spend all the filthy tv money on players instead of their infrastructure.

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 30-06-2017, 07:23 AM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckinger Eagle View Post
The only club that ever seems bothered by Fair Play is Palace.
Only when it suits though as in not wanting to spend any money!!
Old 17-01-2018, 09:07 PM

Old Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOld Bill : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Everton spent a shedload of money during the summer and have now bought Walcott for 20-25 million. How does that work vis-a-vis FFP?
Old 17-01-2018, 09:09 PM
We Are The Holmesdale

eagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is hereeagles #1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Bill View Post
Everton spent a shedload of money during the summer and have now bought Walcott for 20-25 million. How does that work vis-a-vis FFP?
They got about 90m for Lukaku didn't they?