Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 04-08-2017, 07:50 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
My Strava had Banstead at 3.4 miles.
It said I did 5k in 20.19 which I'm taking with a pinch of salt...

On Weds I did a short run with the dog (at Riddlesdown common) but nothing big because I was meant to run at lunch. Once I got home my Groin and hip became incredibly painful and I was in absolute bits all day. At one point I thought I'd need to go to the hospital.
Few beers Weds night and a good night sleep and it's fine, and did 5k this morning with no pain. I'm assuming that it was a trapped nerve or the like.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:26 PM
No longer a student

StudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
My dad is a regular there. Done well over 100. His name is Trevor so you might know him.

The hill wasn't as steep as I remember (maybe because I'm fitter!), but definitely gassed myself out a bit.

I'll probably run there again in a couple of weeks so will let you know.
I missed this, sorry!

I normally do Nonsuch but was trying Banstead for a few weeks on the basis that doing a tough hilly one would make me faster on the flat of Nonsuch. It almost worked - I was 18:20 at Nonsuch on Saturday, a second off a PB - and it was enjoyable finishing in the top spots for a change.

I'll definitely go back to Banstead at some point, but I won't miss that hill for now.

On the subject of distances, my watch seems to under record at any parkrun with trees. Both Banstead and Nonsuch come in at 4.8-4.9k each week.

Strava profile
Old 11-08-2017, 08:38 AM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by StudentEagle View Post
On the subject of distances, my watch seems to under record at any parkrun with trees. Both Banstead and Nonsuch come in at 4.8-4.9k each week.
Perfectly normal to come short with tree cover and moving quickly. Watches don't poll the satellites enough to be 100% accurate.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:54 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Still not running. I'd tear my hair out if I had any.

Riddlesdown always comes out at 4.9k at best.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:10 AM
No longer a student

StudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant View Post
Perfectly normal to come short with tree cover and moving quickly. Watches don't poll the satellites enough to be 100% accurate.
Yep, just frustrating that my Strava will never log it as a 5k run.

Interestingly it was always worse when I had it set to GPS + GLONASS (the latter I believe being the Russian equivalent satellites), e.g. 4.7-4.8km. Having now set it to GPS only it seems far more accurate.

I'm not sure what that says about Russian satellites.

Strava profile
Old 12-08-2017, 10:24 AM

Fort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Finished my first park run (Tooting) this morning and absolutely loved it. Really well organised and all the marshalls are lovely.

Got round in about 25 mins but still had a bit left, didn't want to kill myself as I've not run in a while!
Old 12-08-2017, 12:15 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Did Riddlesdown this morning. 22.18. But had to stop and do my laces twice.
So annoying.
My dad and I are going to do Norwood when we have an early saturday kick off
Old 12-08-2017, 03:49 PM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Wimbledon Dash 5k tomorrow, anyone doing it?
Old 12-08-2017, 05:06 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No as at a family event did it last year - quite a hill coming out of the park by fast back into the park and flat into the park and back on the track - nice race
Old 12-08-2017, 09:05 PM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
No as at a family event did it last year - quite a hill coming out of the park by fast back into the park and flat into the park and back on the track - nice race
Yep, I did the Surrey relays there a couple of years ago and I remember the hill.

It's a big race for my club as we're basically joint top of the Surrey Road League and this is the last race of the league.
Old 14-08-2017, 12:24 PM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Did the South Norwood Park run on Saturday - my first time there. Really nice route, you would think you are in the middle of the countryside. Can only manage 20 mins these days as I've been plagued by injury for nearly 2 years. Just when I think its improving it gets worse again and I could barely walk on Sunday morning.

There are so many park runs local to me now : within 5 miles I have South Norwood, Beckenham Place Park, Crystal Palace, Bromley, Dulwich and Lloyd Park. Hilly fields is easy to get to also.
Old 14-08-2017, 04:13 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Glad you liked it shark -
Old 17-08-2017, 02:17 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Did Riddlesdown this morning. 22.18. But had to stop and do my laces twice.
So annoying.
My dad and I are going to do Norwood when we have an early saturday kick off
How muddy is Riddlesdown at present?

I think I saw something recently suggesting that the path through the tree's has been worked on so shouldn't be so rutted is that right? Might pop along on Saturday instead of doing Banstead
Old 17-08-2017, 02:25 PM

~Not as muddy as I’ve seen it. It was the first time I’ve done Park run there, but I’ve run up there a lot with the dog.

I heard it had been worked on but personally didn’t notice anything (though previously I’ve avoided the path for running).
Might do Riddlesdown on Saturday again. I’d do Banstead but my dad (who does Banstead most weeks) is away.

Did 5k in u21:50 this morning at 6am. I want to do 21:30 so I can beat my dad!