Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 17-08-2017, 06:49 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
What none of them ?
Like I said in brackets... as a whole. We have a small group of excellent players.. then the drop off in quality is quite big. The squad Just isn't good enough and certainly not 'bursting with talent' as suggested by SP
Old 17-08-2017, 06:53 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydnsteve View Post
Don't agree. Both Allardyce and Pulis showed that if you can organise a pile of shit you can get the most unlikely results. We are utterly disorganised, and if we continue to play like that will continually get stuffed.
True BFS oversaw 5-0, 4-0, 3-0, 3-1, a couple of 2-0s and 1-0 losses right up until the end of the season.

Including West Ham, Swansea. Sunderland and Burnley in those wonderful performances.
Old 17-08-2017, 06:58 PM
Apprentice Critic.

4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So still nothing then?
Old 17-08-2017, 08:28 PM

Ron Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
Agreed - the formation wasn't the main problem, it was the fact that we don't have the players at our disposal to play a passing game at the moment - the style of play being forced on the players isn't one that comes naturally to them - and so they struggle with it.

Saturday's performance was bad, but I suspect it would have been just as bad in a 4-2-3-1, had we tried playing the way we did. And the style isn't directly linked to the formation. The formation didn't help, as Huddersfield picked the holes in it, and managed to exploit them (the gap behind Ward for example), but most of it came from us carelessly giving the ball away in the middle third of the pitch, trying to play intricate passing moves with limited movement off the ball and a lack of space.

A player like Cabaye in the middle would offer a lot more than, say, Puncheon, just because of his ability to firstly find space and secondly play the slightly harder pass better.
Umm We have had weeks, took ages settling on a manager who was there from the get-go so could have had a pretty good summer getting in players.
We have (as previously) the most limited keeper possible in the prem, a rightback far too easily beaten and one fit forward - so with limited players we have managed ONE FFS signing and 2 loans all summer and started the season off against a team who had far more savvy about us than we had about them and were bound to be "enthusiastic" with a new system and a back 3 of a CB not great at passing and too very young inexperienced debutants.....madness
Old 17-08-2017, 08:46 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post

Saturday's performance was bad, but I suspect it would have been just as bad in a 4-2-3-1, had we tried playing the way we did..
No chance we would have lost 3-0 if we had lined up the same as last season
Old 17-08-2017, 08:50 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
No chance we would have lost 3-0 if we had lined up the same as last season
What like Sunderland at home...
Old 17-08-2017, 10:40 PM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
What like Sunderland at home...
Indeed - Allardyce struggled before we got Sakho and after he was injured....
Old 17-08-2017, 10:57 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestinian View Post
Indeed - Allardyce struggled before we got Sakho and after he was injured....
Bfs had very little initial impact, certainly no new manger syndrome. Sunderland was the nadir and I was convinced that we would be relegated at that point. However, two things happened - 1. Apparently the players started to embrace bfs style and respect the point philosophy 2. Our fans, on the back of a hf missive, got behind the team, started singling an hour before ko at the next home game and refused to accept the listless performances. Effort, belief, atmosphere and Sakho and we stayed up.
Old 17-08-2017, 11:05 PM

sl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
Bfs had very little initial impact, certainly no new manger syndrome. Sunderland was the nadir and I was convinced that we would be relegated at that point. However, two things happened - 1. Apparently the players started to embrace bfs style and respect the point philosophy 2. Our fans, on the back of a hf missive, got behind the team, started singling an hour before ko at the next home game and refused to accept the listless performances. Effort, belief, atmosphere and Sakho and we stayed up.
Where's this Sakho signing you were so sure of many weeks ago?
Old 17-08-2017, 11:15 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl6 Eagle View Post
Where's this Sakho signing you were so sure of many weeks ago?
I don't have a hotline to Steve parish and was only reporting what I had been told by a usually reliable source. As far as I'm aware sakho was at the training ground a couple of months ago and agreed personal terms but was still injured, we put in a take it or leave it offer that it was felt Liverpool would accept unless someone came in to better it. As far as I know this is still the case, I think the Roma story was a fabrication. I know nothing more than that (I don't have Phil barbers itk) and obviously would love him to sign.
Old 17-08-2017, 11:33 PM
more senior than you

orpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Your assessment is spot on
Old 18-08-2017, 12:13 AM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don't have a hotline to Steve parish and was only reporting what I had been told by a usually reliable source. As far as I'm aware sakho was at the training ground a couple of months ago and agreed personal terms but was still injured, we put in a take it or leave it offer that it was felt Liverpool would accept unless someone came in to better it. As far as I know this is still the case, I think the Roma story was a fabrication. I know nothing more than that (I don't have Phil barbers itk) and obviously would love him to sign.
A joke yes?
Old 18-08-2017, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
A joke yes?
Indeed!
Old 18-08-2017, 07:20 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
What chances WBA attempt to sign him with the Evans money?
Old 18-08-2017, 07:30 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Dogers View Post
Umm We have had weeks, took ages settling on a manager who was there from the get-go so could have had a pretty good summer getting in players.
We have (as previously) the most limited keeper possible in the prem, a rightback far too easily beaten and one fit forward - so with limited players we have managed ONE FFS signing and 2 loans all summer and started the season off against a team who had far more savvy about us than we had about them and were bound to be "enthusiastic" with a new system and a back 3 of a CB not great at passing and too very young inexperienced debutants.....madness
Spot on.
Old 18-08-2017, 09:38 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Some of our later defeats e.g. Burnley where due to fatigue and a lack of depth in the squad . Sam planned to rectify this and had identified targets , ( costly ) . Has FdB been chosen because he told the board I can do this with cheaper Dutch recruits , kids and loans and with a Ajax playing style too boot ? If so dream on .
Old 18-08-2017, 09:51 AM

smoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Some of our later defeats e.g. Burnley where due to fatigue and a lack of depth in the squad . Sam planned to rectify this and had identified targets , ( costly ) . Has FdB been chosen because he told the board I can do this with cheaper Dutch recruits , kids and loans and with a Ajax playing style too boot ? If so dream on .
Very good theory. I'm starting to think this too. If it is the case, we're stuffed
Old 18-08-2017, 12:00 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Sakho is still recovering from his injury and has not played once for Liverpool since going back there including any of their pre-season games.

With Liverpool's known problems in defence he would if fit surely be featuring in some capacity for them and this is not the case and so clearly he is not yet match-fit and is still working his way back from a bad knee injury that has sidelined him for months.
Old 18-08-2017, 12:11 PM

CoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCoDownEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Klopp has made it crystal clear Sakho will never play for Liverpool ever again. There was some major personal fall out.

Makes no difference if he is fit or not he won't play and he won't be named in their squad so if he does not leave on transfer deadline day he will be sitting about for 4 months doing nothing. He is finished at Liverpool has not played for them in 18 months or so.
Old 18-08-2017, 12:21 PM

swissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is hereswissroll Sam the man is here
I assume it would be impossible for Sakho to pass a medical at the moment so he cant be insured. No way can I see Parish taking that gamble
Closed Thread