Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 27-06-2017, 02:24 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Just about anyone would agree that he made a great difference but I doubt we would have stayed up without Luka and two good left sided players coming in.

We could just as easily stay up with the same defense we have now and improve the keeper, bring in a dominant, passing CM, a creative AM, a top keeper and a striker worthy of challenging or playing beside Benteke. I'm not sure we should throw £30M worth of eggs into the Sahko basket if that blows our fund to such a degree that most of those necessary improvements above end up unfulfilled.
But you wouldn't get all those players for £30m although I see your point.

Either way we need another centre back as Tomkins and Dann both pick up injuries and they didn't look particularly strong as a partnership. Tomkins looked very good alongside Sakho but I think Sakho had a huge impact on the rest of the team.

Hopefully we can get Liverpool down on the fee but it looks a long shot that we'll get him.
Old 27-06-2017, 02:24 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Ain't we just
Imagine if it was 4! Would make up for recent defeats at home to them after having a superb home record vs them .
After the first win, I thought, there's no way we will win there again next season. After the 2nd win, I thought, there's no way we will win there again next season.
I think you see where this is going
Old 27-06-2017, 02:29 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I can't remember many players making such a difference. He not only played brilliantly himself but seemed to galvanise the rest of the defence and even Hennessey. It is a lot of money but I think we have to do all we can to get him. If that means sacrificing a player or two then I think I would consider it.
The problem we have is that our first 11 realistically could push for top 8 but our second 11 is a bottom 5 struggler. Normally i'd agree with you but because of this factor this time round I think some more numbers are required
Old 27-06-2017, 02:36 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
The problem we have is that our first 11 realistically could push for top 8 but our second 11 is a bottom 5 struggler. Normally i'd agree with you but because of this factor this time round I think some more numbers are required
I think you're right but let's hope we don't fill up the squad with more players like Lee, Mutch, Sako etc - all on good money but not contributing much.

Given he likes to press teams, I wonder if we would consider selling Benteke for a huge fee (ie to China) in favour of having a much bigger budget to invest throughout the squad. I wouldn't necessarily be in favour of that as I really rate Benteke, but I wouldn't be surprised if something like that were to happen.
Old 27-06-2017, 02:38 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is hereStockport_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
Fraizer Campbell, Joe Ledley, Mathieu Flamini, Zeki Fryers, Mamadou Sakho, Loïc Rémy (+Jonathan Benteke if you like).

These 6/7 players all featured in the first team last season and I suspect most would have featured more but for injury.

All have now left and there's little doubt they need replacing with proper first team players.
Old 27-06-2017, 02:43 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think you're right but let's hope we don't fill up the squad with more players like Lee, Mutch, Sako etc - all on good money but not contributing much.

Given he likes to press teams, I wonder if we would consider selling Benteke for a huge fee (ie to China) in favour of having a much bigger budget to invest throughout the squad. I wouldn't necessarily be in favour of that as I really rate Benteke, but I wouldn't be surprised if something like that were to happen.
You can't sell Benteke! We need his goals
Old 27-06-2017, 02:44 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
After the first win, I thought, there's no way we will win there again next season. After the 2nd win, I thought, there's no way we will win there again next season.
I went this year saying to my son 'there's no way we'll beat them again this year'; shows how wrong I was
Old 27-06-2017, 02:47 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Unusually everyone seems more or less in agreement, he was fantastic for us and as others have said he made everyone else around him better, that's got to be down to his personality and leadership qualities but we can't let L'pool mug us off for literally millions.

Just thought though Sakho coached by FDB? yes please.
Old 27-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if he does pre-season with reserves again.
Whose? Ours or Liverpool's?

Only slightly questionable, seeing as he stayed to recover from his injury with us. yes I know from 1st July he's a Liverpool player again, but I guess it will be interesting to see what happens to him next week (assuming Liverpool's players are also due back next week) and whether he goes to the Asia tournament as well?
Old 27-06-2017, 02:57 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Good. Then we can pay his wages on a season long loan and save the transfer fee while his value to Liverpool drops.
They would expect a loan fee.. and a large one i suspect.
Old 27-06-2017, 03:24 PM

stayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestayingup : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
anyone know if he has recovered from the serious knee injury. would this reduce his value?
Old 27-06-2017, 03:29 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
They would expect a loan fee.. and a large one i suspect.
Reportedly £2m for the time he was with us last season. There has not been any major rumours for him recently and he will have been out of the limelight for a while and will the figure quoted will rule him out for most clubs.

Still think this one has 2 months to go and he will move towards a he end of August.
Old 27-06-2017, 03:55 PM

ForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He'll probably be given a second chance and win the Balon d'Or at Liverpool next season
Old 27-06-2017, 04:05 PM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is hereRandom* Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryhallandhisbasque View Post
If we could get Sakho on a season long loan with an option to buy at the end of it, I think that could work well for both parties. Liverpool get a fee for the loan and his wages paid from and by us, and shift a Kloppfreezeout out of the way, and we get somebody wanted here who can do a great job for us. Plus, it allows us to get in a second central defender for a fee, which I think most people would agree we need.
If Liverpool want £30m for him now then they'll want a £10m loan fee.
Old 27-06-2017, 04:13 PM

Beneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
15million with 10 million parish clauses.
Old 27-06-2017, 04:18 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
But you wouldn't get all those players for £30m although I see your point.

Either way we need another centre back as Tomkins and Dann both pick up injuries and they didn't look particularly strong as a partnership. Tomkins looked very good alongside Sakho but I think Sakho had a huge impact on the rest of the team.

Hopefully we can get Liverpool down on the fee but it looks a long shot that we'll get him.
My admittedly ridiculous hope is we can sort what I see as the three main priorities ( Proper AM, Back up ST and GK ) but still get Sahko. We'd be scary.
Old 27-06-2017, 04:28 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Old 27-06-2017, 04:29 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Has our transfer budget been published then? I don't have a clue how much we have got personally.
Plus we've got a huge sponsorship deal.
Old 27-06-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:

Hope not as 1: Benteke is quality real quality and if he keeps up the work rate he showed later in the season will justify ( though I think he already has tbh) the record fee paid out. 2: we prossibly wouldn't get any money as Chelsea are reportedly to of recieved zilch so far from Oscars move to china.
Old 27-06-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
Whose? Ours or Liverpool's?

Only slightly questionable, seeing as he stayed to recover from his injury with us. yes I know from 1st July he's a Liverpool player again, but I guess it will be interesting to see what happens to him next week (assuming Liverpool's players are also due back next week) and whether he goes to the Asia tournament as well?
He will

With us

Sadly only joking.