Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 21-02-2018, 06:49 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Look back at Benteke's assists - they stretch the meaning in many cases. The one at Burnley at home is a good example.

I'd give Benteke one or two more chances but if he doesn't finally deliver then time to drop him and give Sorloth a chance in his best position rather than out wide.
Roy is pretty wedded to 44 ******* 2 as it where it'll be sorloth coming on for benteke and playing in wilfs spot until he's back.
Old 21-02-2018, 08:01 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Roy is pretty wedded to 44 ******* 2 as it where it'll be sorloth coming on for benteke and playing in wilfs spot until he's back.
Yep, I think so. It will be interesting to see if Benteke and Sorloth can play effectively together up front given they are both target men. Hopefully Sorloth is much more mobile though.
Old 21-02-2018, 09:54 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
i laugh at some of the comments as people were suggesting Shane Long in the January window...a hard working player who has scored something like 2 goals in the last 12 months.
Old 21-02-2018, 09:55 PM

elgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
i laugh at some of the comments as people were suggesting Shane Long in the January window...a hard working player who has scored something like 2 goals in the last 12 months.
One of which was against us
Old 21-02-2018, 10:01 PM
Casual user

Catford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To be fair, his record for a different team does not show you how good a fit he would be for us. For what it's worth, I think he would have been a good and affordable option.
Old 21-02-2018, 10:03 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Look back at Benteke's assists - they stretch the meaning in many cases. The one at Burnley at home is a good example.

I'd give Benteke one or two more chances but if he doesn't finally deliver then time to drop him and give Sorloth a chance in his best position rather than out wide.
I would play them both through the middle, Zaha has been around half as productive this season compared to last allowing for the time he has not played. Think getting him back out wide and giving him and Townsend 2 good targets in the middle is the way forward when possible.
Old 21-02-2018, 10:12 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
I would play them both through the middle, Zaha has been around half as productive this season compared to last allowing for the time he has not played. Think getting him back out wide and giving him and Townsend 2 good targets in the middle is the way forward when possible.
We may have no choice but it might not be an ideal match.

As for Zaha, I'm surprised you say that as I think he's been superb this season. He's gone up a level.
Old 21-02-2018, 10:22 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
We may have no choice but it might not be an ideal match.

As for Zaha, I'm surprised you say that as I think he's been superb this season. He's gone up a level.
In some respects he has but last year he finished with 7 goals and 9 assists, and whilst unlucky not be credited with a couple of assists this season he has 4 goals and just the 1 assist. Think some of that is down to missing attacking options around him, and he was passing the ball more last season than this.

Think if we have 2 real threats central for him to use as decoy or to cross to, as well as an attacking option on the other side we will become far more potent as an attacking force an that will benefit Wilf further.
Old 21-02-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:
In some respects he has but last year he finished with 7 goals and 9 assists, and whilst unlucky not be credited with a couple of assists this season he has 4 goals and just the 1 assist. Think some of that is down to missing attacking options around him, and he was passing the ball more last season than this.

Think if we have 2 real threats central for him to use as decoy or to cross to, as well as an attacking option on the other side we will become far more potent as an attacking force an that will benefit Wilf further.
I prefer Wilf on the right so I think that will work well anyway.

I don't believe Wilf has one assist. I can think of three off the top of my head - Bournemouth, Watford and Arsenal. If Benteke had his shooting boots this season then zaha would have had many more as well.
Old 21-02-2018, 11:47 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes, do you have a point?

I see you credited Townsend in a post further down - apologies.
Old 22-02-2018, 12:02 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBilly Rhino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
I think it will be Sørloth and Benteke in a 4-4-2 when Zaha is back with Sørloth doing the no.10 role as he is more mobile.
My garden wall is more mobile than Benteke
Old 22-02-2018, 04:38 AM

Hong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHong Kong Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
With our lack of GK's we could end applying 4-4-3
Old 22-02-2018, 04:50 AM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
As opposed to a non-hard working player who has scored two goals in the last ten months. It's a close competition. If Sorloth plays well in the next few matches then once Wilf returns Benteke will surely get a long overdue place on the bench.
Old 22-02-2018, 07:13 AM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
My garden wall is more mobile than Benteke
Think you might need to get a structural engineer in to have a look at that
Old 22-02-2018, 07:17 AM
BTC

Far East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles View Post
As opposed to a non-hard working player who has scored two goals in the last ten months. It's a close competition. If Sorloth plays well in the next few matches then once Wilf returns Benteke will surely get a long overdue place on the bench.
Solorth on debut made a fantastic header which brought a smart save from the Everton keeper. Heading is the strongest side of Benteke's game, if he is not even going to be the best header of the ball at the club, you do start to wonder how long he is going to remain in the starting XI
Old 22-02-2018, 07:18 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
We`d be overun in the middle by most sides.
Old 22-02-2018, 07:34 AM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Far East Eagle View Post
Solorth on debut made a fantastic header which brought a smart save from the Everton keeper. Heading is the strongest side of Benteke's game, if he is not even going to be the best header of the ball at the club, you do start to wonder how long he is going to remain in the starting XI
Based on one header Solorth is a better header of the ball than Benteke.
Football intelligence at its best...
Old 22-02-2018, 09:54 AM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
I prefer Wilf on the right so I think that will work well anyway.

I don't believe Wilf has one assist. I can think of three off the top of my head - Bournemouth, Watford and Arsenal. If Benteke had his shooting boots this season then zaha would have had many more as well.
He wasn't given them as assists as there were slight reflections or touches from defenders trying to cut out crosses. Another reason for ignoring stats
Old 22-02-2018, 10:52 AM
BTC

Far East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMH57 View Post
Based on one header Solorth is a better header of the ball than Benteke.
Football intelligence at its best...
Indeed, he looked a much better player the whole game. Bettered Benteke all day.
Old 22-02-2018, 11:15 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catford Eagle View Post
To be fair, his record for a different team does not show you how good a fit he would be for us. For what it's worth, I think he would have been a good and affordable option.
How much would he have cost? Fee and wages.