Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-02-2018, 03:19 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
He's young, and he's going to be raw. But what particularly impressed me was his workrate and defensive ability in the tackle, as well as aerial ability in both boxes. To me, he should play wide left, allowed to go forwards and into the box when we are on the attack, and track back when we don't have the ball.

We've had Schlupp, McArthur and RLC who have tried their luck on the left in Roy's 4-4-2. Sorloth is the best fit for that role. Zaha to continue up front for his pace on the counter, and he can always drift out to the left to allow Sorloth to join Benteke when required. But I see AS playing left side midfield/attack for this season at least.
That's your Wilf agenda. Wilfred Zaha is not a striker. We are absolutely wasting him up front. His best work this season is when he's gone out wide, switched sides of the pitch and he's had the space in front of him to drive into the box from the channels and attempt a shot, put the ball back across the goal, win free kicks or penalties. If he can start out deeper and take up striking positions when holes are made then we'll see more from him. When he's central he's easier to stop because he's up against big strong centre backs and he has less space to run at them and use his individual skills to force an error.

AS I suspect would get found out very quickly in the midfield.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:33 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bin View Post
Or we just stick with the misfiring, disinterested Benteke for the rest of the season until we get relegated. We could try something different it might just work, even for a couple of games, if it doesn't at least we know. We all hope that Benteke will turn it around, after the Leicester game I hoped that was the turning point, but no. Opposition teams must love facing him, he shows no fight whatsoever and has no pace. The Jerome/Chamakh combination of the Pulis era was more threatening.

Why sign players and run a academy if we aren't prepared use them. Someone can have the pedigree, but if they show no fight, or guile or focus then they are next to useless.
Disagree with you on Benteke. He puts in the effort and gets into goalscoring positions. Unfortunately he seems to lack the confidence or luck to put them away. Could and maybe should have had 2 on Saturday. He has missed a shed load of chances but at least hes getting there. It's all about fine margins. To be frank we have had so much bad luck in front of goal and defensively it seems we are cursed .....apart from Watford game. Opponents seem to be able to get something in the way of goal bound efforts in goal mouth scrambles or incredible goal line clearances. Burnley Away Newcastle at home and Spurs away are a few examples. Plus the missed penalties. Look at Newcastle again yesterday...their.goal had a charmed life as it did at Selhurst. I think we will batter someone soon in a game where we take all our chances as everything we hit goes in. Bit like Sunderland did to us last season and Birmingham about 6 seasons ago. We need a change of luck.....CB definitely does. I would however start Sorloth v Spurs

Last edited by Lombardo's hair; 12-02-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:37 PM
Apprentice Critic.

4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bin View Post
Or we just stick with the misfiring, disinterested Benteke for the rest of the season until we get relegated. We could try something different it might just work, even for a couple of games, if it doesn't at least we know. We all hope that Benteke will turn it around, after the Leicester game I hoped that was the turning point, but no. Opposition teams must love facing him, he shows no fight whatsoever and has no pace. The Jerome/Chamakh combination of the Pulis era was more threatening.

Why sign players and run a academy if we aren't prepared use them. Someone can have the pedigree, but if they show no fight, or guile or focus then they are next to useless.
Very few players make it from our Academy, and to blood someone into the premiership who's not making the grade in the lower ranks is like committing suicide. Zaha made it through his constant display of determination and ability.
Old 12-02-2018, 04:03 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
That's your Wilf agenda. Wilfred Zaha is not a striker. We are absolutely wasting him up front. His best work this season is when he's gone out wide, switched sides of the pitch and he's had the space in front of him to drive into the box from the channels and attempt a shot, put the ball back across the goal, win free kicks or penalties. If he can start out deeper and take up striking positions when holes are made then we'll see more from him. When he's central he's easier to stop because he's up against big strong centre backs and he has less space to run at them and use his individual skills to force an error.

AS I suspect would get found out very quickly in the midfield.
Half right. I don't want WZ right up front. He's not a natural goalscorer. But I want him further forward, as he has been for the majority of the season, with less defensive responsibilities and able to go in behind when the gaps appear, close to Benteke when he wins the flick-ons, and pulling wide to stretch their defence. In a free role, floating either side of Benteke is his position.
Old 16-02-2018, 09:12 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Old 16-02-2018, 09:21 PM
BTC

Far East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is here
He's brilliant, seems to have had no trouble settling in.
Old 17-02-2018, 02:26 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
He seems like a genuine straight forward guy. Hopefully he is a success here and becomes a cult player. Hopefully better ability-wise but Mattias Svensson was a good personality to have, He would always close the keeper down, very hardworking. I dont know why I bring it up but I guess because they are both Scandinavian...

What other Scandinavian Strikers have we had? Steffen Iverson and Mikka Forrsell, any others?

Last edited by MFBias; 17-02-2018 at 02:31 AM.
Old 17-02-2018, 03:19 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
He seems like a genuine straight forward guy. Hopefully he is a success here and becomes a cult player. Hopefully better ability-wise but Mattias Svensson was a good personality to have, He would always close the keeper down, very hardworking. I dont know why I bring it up but I guess because they are both Scandinavian...

What other Scandinavian Strikers have we had? Steffen Iverson and Mikka Forrsell, any others?
Kuqi
Old 17-02-2018, 08:37 AM

sl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsl6 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Brolin
Old 17-02-2018, 08:53 AM

cockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Kuqi
Kuqi is not Scandinavian
Old 17-02-2018, 09:08 AM
----------

dazaki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedazaki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedazaki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedazaki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedazaki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedazaki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedazaki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedazaki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedazaki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedazaki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedazaki : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockles View Post
Kuqi is not Scandinavian
Yes he is, he's from Finland
Old 17-02-2018, 09:10 AM
The squeezed middle

PoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockles View Post
Kuqi is not Scandinavian
He played 62 times for Finland. Of Albanian descent so I get where you're coming from
Old 17-02-2018, 09:47 AM

johnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjohnbush came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazaki View Post
... which isn't in Scandinavia.

So, come to think of it, Forssell isn't Scandinavian either.

Last edited by johnbush; 17-02-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 17-02-2018, 10:00 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:

Lundbjerg over Ibrahimovic. Come on.
Old 17-02-2018, 10:02 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
And no Michael Laudrup.
Old 17-02-2018, 10:03 AM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazaki View Post
Depends if you count Finland as Scandinavia or not.

Stick with Nordic.
Old 17-02-2018, 10:19 AM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbush View Post
... which isn't in Scandinavia.

So, come to think of it, Forssell isn't Scandinavian either.
Nordic. That’s what he is. Nordic.
Old 17-02-2018, 11:36 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
And no Michael Laudrup.
No Jonny Parr either.
Old 17-02-2018, 11:39 AM

cockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPalace View Post
He played 62 times for Finland. Of Albanian descent so I get where you're coming from
Both points are irrelevant. Scandinavia is comprised of 3 countries, and Finland is not one of them.
Old 17-02-2018, 12:14 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl6 Eagle View Post
Brolin
Did Brolin have a position whilst he was with us other than front of the queue while they were handing out pies.