Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 23-05-2014, 09:28 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipsisourking View Post
There's no requirement to work Sundays at London midland, we are allocated them but I can phone up or fax over to say I'm not working it any time up to the sheet going up on a Thursday lunchtime.
It does seem to vary even within Southern which I sort of understand based on work load, but also don't agree with. A friend of mine based at another Southern depot simply requests not to work his Sunday's, and he never works them. At my depot the chances of my request being accepted are probably less than 10%.
Old 23-05-2014, 09:38 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
It does seem to vary even within Southern which I sort of understand based on work load, but also don't agree with. A friend of mine based at another Southern depot simply requests not to work his Sunday's, and he never works them. At my depot the chances of my request being accepted are probably less than 10%.
Tell 'em you're devout catholic.
Old 23-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Tell 'em you're devout catholic.
I think they would probably wonder why I hadn't brought that up sooner.
Old 23-05-2014, 09:46 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think they would probably wonder why I hadn't brought that up sooner.
Fear of persecution.
Old 23-05-2014, 09:48 PM

Kuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightyknighty View Post
Anyone travelling home. Person hit by train at balcombe. Chaos for rest of night
On a replacement bus to Lewes now, the amount of people on this bus is definitely not safe!

Fair play to Southern for getting buses sorted so quick. Bastards.
Old 23-05-2014, 09:58 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
We have a good amount of permanent na's here, but the number of booked sundays is increasing all the time, so they usually end up having to do a few. I'm long weekend this weekend but popped in earlier and he has 9 uncovered at the moment for sunday, and thats before he gets to look at the permanent not availables

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 23-05-2014, 09:59 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Fear of persecution.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 23-05-2014, 10:49 PM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Not many chuck them in thou, time and a half rate on a Sunday
Old 24-05-2014, 07:43 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
And if they don't fill those Sunday slots? What happens then?
Old 24-05-2014, 08:21 AM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
And if they don't fill those Sunday slots? What happens then?
Trains get cancelled.
Old 24-05-2014, 08:42 AM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipsisourking View Post
Not many chuck them in thou, time and a half rate on a Sunday
Flat rate here No wonder they struggle to cover them really.

Pretty obvious really.
Old 24-05-2014, 01:12 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
The only other perk First had for staff is you can get Sunday's off easier. Other than that staff wise Govia are far superior.
Not really a perk, They all have the same rest day patterns, but change from earlies to lates and visa versa mid-week.
Old 24-05-2014, 01:29 PM
South Penge Massive

We need a palace train driver thread Or we could just commandeer this one

Pretty obvious really.
Old 24-05-2014, 01:39 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Trouble is with that is people would be prone to throwing bitch fits and probably complain to our train companies. I was reading on the rail forum that there is a chap who regularly complains to FCC on their twitter that all train drivers work a two day, 12 hour week, on about £80k a year. If that were true everyone would work on the railway. Clown!

Macstar I did know about them switching shift midweek, they asked us about a year ago if we wanted to stay as we are or switch to that method. Pretty resounding that most people wanted to stay as we are.
Old 24-05-2014, 01:43 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Trouble is with that is people would be prone to throwing bitch fits and probably complain to our train companies. I was reading on the rail forum that there is a chap who regularly complains to FCC on their twitter that all train drivers work a two day, 12 hour week, on about £80k a year. If that were true everyone would work on the railway. Clown!

Macstar I did know about them switching shift midweek, they asked us about a year ago if we wanted to stay as we are or switch to that method. Pretty resounding that most people wanted to stay as we are.
Can't blame them really. Hard enough as it is to sort out childcare and get into a sleep pattern when you start at 0430 one week and finish at 0130 the next.

Pretty obvious really.
Old 24-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Imagine the abuse we would get
Old 24-05-2014, 03:00 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
How about a railway worker's thread, so that us signallers can be allowed on it too?
Old 24-05-2014, 03:44 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Can't blame them really. Hard enough as it is to sort out childcare and get into a sleep pattern when you start at 0430 one week and finish at 0130 the next.
The master Rosta had me at 14.37 Sunday, found out today they have booked me a job that starts at 07.08, childcare is impossible when they move your job 7 hours.
Old 24-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
The master Rosta had me at 14.37 Sunday, found out today they have booked me a job that starts at 07.08, childcare is impossible when they move your job 7 hours.
7 hours... I thought the maximum they can move you is 3 hours?
Old 24-05-2014, 04:09 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
7 hours... I thought the maximum they can move you is 3 hours?
Varies by toc I think. 4 hours up here. 7 hours is ridiculous.

Pretty obvious really.