Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 07-02-2014, 09:39 AM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehalifaxman View Post
Took me an hour to get from Gipsy Hill to Clapham Junction this morning. Glad I only make that journey once every month.
I've been happily getting the 8.01 to Epsom in the mornings recently and its only ever been a few minutes late. Its not a very frequent service and I know that my time is due for it to be massively delayed/cancelled.

I reckon Southern were expecting a snow day or two in January and February and hence gave everyone a load of holiday or something.
Well that told me. 20 minutes late I got on the train. Disappeared and reappeared twice from the board for about 5 minutes with no explanation or announcements. Nearly got on some other train to try and connect somewhere else. I hate these utter utter bastards

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
Old 07-02-2014, 09:51 AM

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
Stuck on a broken down train outside of horley. ******* joke
Old 07-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Over Land & Sea

imashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Who told you that?
The driver over the loud speaker
Old 07-02-2014, 10:03 AM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Only 30 minutes late in today. I hate the *****.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:04 AM

mickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickiet09 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was late for my train this morning. My train was two minutes later than me! Thank you Southern!
Old 07-02-2014, 10:17 AM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The train before mine was cancelled this morning so when my one arrived it was absolutely rammed, worse than the tube, people couldn't get on and then the usual 5-10 minutes just sat in South Croydon waiting to get into Eastside.

What the hell has happened to the service since October? It can't purely be down to the weather.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I know there were delays last night due to two broken down trains.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:44 PM

sheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by richdeniro View Post
The train before mine was cancelled this morning so when my one arrived it was absolutely rammed, worse than the tube, people couldn't get on and then the usual 5-10 minutes just sat in South Croydon waiting to get into Eastside.

What the hell has happened to the service since October? It can't purely be down to the weather.
Yup, it's really pathetic ATM.

I expect delays due to the weather and flooding - it's a fact of life. It feels like every couple of days trains are breaking down and causing havoc. Hopefully southern will lose their contract due to clearly not keeping their trains in a fit condition to travel in.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:46 PM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Southeastern are just as bad
Old 07-02-2014, 02:59 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
To be honest they are little more than licensed thieves.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
Yup, it's really pathetic ATM.

I expect delays due to the weather and flooding - it's a fact of life. It feels like every couple of days trains are breaking down and causing havoc. Hopefully southern will lose their contract due to clearly not keeping their trains in a fit condition to travel in.
Yes because these things are so easy to predict. Ever had an appliance break down at home? Why didn't you get it fixed before it happened?
Old 07-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Great thread
Old 07-02-2014, 07:28 PM

nicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is herenicky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Yes because these things are so easy to predict. Ever had an appliance break down at home? Why didn't you get it fixed before it happened?

Domestic appliances are designed and priced to run until they fail and are replaced.

Trains are designed to be monitored and preventatively maintained.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:33 PM

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
Train home delayed due to a missing member of train staff - are you ******* taking the piss
Old 07-02-2014, 07:41 PM

Friskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky View Post

Domestic appliances are designed and priced to run until they fail and are replaced.

Trains are designed to be monitored and preventatively maintained.
Exactly.

Ludicrous comparison.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
Train home delayed due to a missing member of train staff - are you ******* taking the piss
Do love this reason, seems to get rolled out quite abit.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:55 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
You know, the train companies and staff might get a bit more sympathy from the customers if once in a while, when shit happens, they hold their hands up and admit it's because of bad management and incompetence rather than making excuses and blaming others.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
You know, the train companies and staff might get a bit more sympathy from the customers if once in a while, when shit happens, they hold their hands up and admit it's because of bad management and incompetence rather than making excuses and blaming others.
Or maybe people should understand maybe there are circumstances which are beyond their control which cannot be foreseen.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:03 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friskey View Post
Exactly.

Ludicrous comparison.
So if your car breaks down is it your fault because you haven't had it fixed before it happens?
Old 07-02-2014, 09:13 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
I dunno if there is a statistic to back this up, but we run a lot of diesel trains up here, which arent reliant on an electrical supply and so can often run to time, even if an engine cuts out. We have electric trains on other lines as well, but when a train brings the wires down or there is a fault with the supply, the diesels can get people close to where they need to go. Obviously they arent as environmentally friendly though, going through queen street tunnel is like smoking 20 fags in 2 minutes It doesnt take much for the whole thing to grind to a halt down there though, especially due to the sheer volume of services.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.