Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:07 PM
What?

sheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlssheriff was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEEPEEEFFSEE View Post
But this reaction is the one I don't get, what Palace fans do you think will suddenly start calling it the 12Bet stadium?
One of the main reasons I'm not against the renaming is because the club get money when actually nothing changes at all.
This exactly! If it brings money in I'm all for it. I'll never go to the "12Bet"... But I can't wait for a season of the prem at Selhurst!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 04:07 PM

LeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So is it 1 2 bet, or 12 bet?
Old 08-08-2013, 04:08 PM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
In all honesty despite it being a shit name (if its confirmed) it doesn't actually bother me. I'll still call it Selhurst
Yep, me too.

CaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by marky1919 View Post
Yeah, but it's not for us, it it?
It's for the rest of the watching world. Every time we get reported on, it'll now be "live from the 12Bet Stadium" .... can you imagine Jeff Stelling on Soccer Saturday or Lineker on Match of the Day commenting on this name all the time, without a shred of Selhurst Park? This is nonsense. I'd rather not get the revenue to be honest. These things count for a lot.
But I thought you were talking about our fans?
Quote:
Everyone Palace fan alive today would have known it as Selhurst Park.
I couldn't care less what other people call our stadium, like I couldn't care less that everyone thinks we're going to get relegated. It's what we call it. It will always be Selhurst Park to us.

Maybe we should also wait until official word before going into meltdown...
Cashback!

SEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
All the money in the world can't buy happiness. Nor can it buy back history. All the naive people saying the history is still there. The history is associated with the Selhurst Park name. If the name is over, then that period of history is over! New era.
Sorry but I really don't understand what point you're making there?
2012 - CPFC 3-0 BHAFC
2013 - BHAFC 0-2 CPFC (Play off Semi Final 2nd leg)
That's a paddling

Jasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJasper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Of course everyone will still call it Selhurst Park but I can't believe any Palace fan would actually be happy with this.

Back in the dark days of administration it could have been justified as a necessary evil, but it doesn't seem like something the club needs to do right now.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeH View Post

one two
Old 08-08-2013, 04:10 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfellas View Post
Rumours flying around the club is to be renamed Parish FC for the forthcoming season....
Crystal Parish FC? I've said that before, after 15 pints of Guinness.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:10 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Two trolls who deserve banning far more than Judge & co
I don't know. I think they actually believe some of the weird stuff they post.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
I don't know. I think they actually believe some of the weird stuff they post.
In which case Care Orders may be more appropriate!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 08-08-2013, 04:13 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Chunt is brilliant at getting people to dance to his tune. I love Chunt.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:15 PM
52 years and counting...

Chobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by W Malling Eagle View Post
Personally I think it's quite a lot different. We nearly went out of business 3 years ago and wouldn't have had a club at all. So now, if we sell the name of the ground, which is the club's third stadium and not in the town after which we are named to raise yet more revenue for the good of the club, would it really matter? We'd still be Crystal Palace. We'd still be The Eagles. We'd still be red and blue. For me, those are the things that really matter.

Of course, this is just my view on what is clearly an emotive subject, which is bound to create a range of feelings.
Yes it would matter. But I entirely agree that it bears no comparison with what happened at Cardiff.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:15 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm still waiting for Danny boys inevitable meltdown.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:16 PM
"reluctant buyers"

TheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Vile.

Bounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Do you really think it will be worth just a million pound IF this has happened?

I reckon you're looking at 2 million a year.
That might buy us an extra player this year or give us more opportunities for next season.
No idea Tomo but it's called selling your soul.

For the first time in how long.... We have a club that owns the stadium/club together and now also the training ground! Coupled with promotion and Sky revenue!!

So, I know, let's get even more money and change the name of Selhurst and allow them to call it 2bit stadium.

No, fck right off!!? Not happy at all as this story now seems to have legs
Palace since 1989

Scrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScrumpy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm going to (Arthur) wait for an official announcement
Old 08-08-2013, 04:19 PM
52 years and counting...

Chobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Every time we get reported on, it'll now be "live from the 12Bet Stadium" .... can you imagine Jeff Stelling on Soccer Saturday or Lineker on Match of the Day commenting on this name all the time, without a shred of Selhurst Park? This is nonsense. I'd rather not get the revenue to be honest. These things count for a lot.
Agreed.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:21 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeH View Post
Doesn't matter which IMO, its still Selhurst Park to me. If some men in suits are daft enough to give us a few million in the belief that football fans will start calling the ground something different then more fool them.

Before we suffer more hysteria shall we wait to find out the full details?
Old 08-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Addobellend, apparently

addopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I just know I'm gonna start calling it the 1-2-bet stadium just to amuse myself.

I just know it.

George Eliot
Old 08-08-2013, 04:23 PM
"reluctant buyers"

TheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheMexicanHorse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Also nice for an official announcement to inform us.