Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-02-2018, 05:12 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Did think it was a bit weird that they blocked up the stairways from the Lower Tier seats to the 'undeveloped' concourse. Fair enough use some of it for the generator, club shop stock, beer cellar etc, but you would think a portion of it could have been converted to a bar (like the red and blue at the top) or some sort of clubroom for the ultras to prep their banners
How about some sort of corporate overflow area?

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 13-02-2018, 05:17 PM
Class Warrior

Dom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
I don't think it is. I seem to recall a conversation with someone (and my mind is going because I cannot remember who - it might have been to do with CPFC2010 or possibly Dominic Jordan) who referred to an underground spring and a several million pound cost to put right.

There is rather less water than I recall seeing in a previous photo of the area so it is possible it has had something done to it to stop the worst or it may have been pumped out just for the planning photos.
The ground is built on an old brickworks site. Clay is notoriously non-porous.
Old 13-02-2018, 05:18 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
I'm very surprised SP has not bottled it yet and marketed it as 'Selhurst Spring'.
You clearly haven't tried the Cronx yet then.

Old 13-02-2018, 06:51 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
How about some sort of corporate overflow area?
I think they've got enough space in the new stand already. They can stay away from the Holmesdale!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 13-02-2018, 07:46 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterr259 View Post
I doubt it is caused by a spring, it is probably ground water seeping through the contiguous piles, as shown in the photographs, and poor waterproofing. It would be horrendously expensive to try and improve the waterproofing now.
No damp course?
Old 13-02-2018, 08:00 PM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Did think it was a bit weird that they blocked up the stairways from the Lower Tier seats to the 'undeveloped' concourse. Fair enough use some of it for the generator, club shop stock, beer cellar etc, but you would think a portion of it could have been converted to a bar (like the red and blue at the top) or some sort of clubroom for the ultras to prep their banners
I've always thought that space would be great for a supporters club house. A place within the stadium that supporters can use for a few drinks, meetings (fan groups, FSF or general fan discussions), fan projects, show away games, etc.

Plenty of clubs on the continent have smilar spaces and I'm not sure if its really been done in the UK but its something I think fans could benefit from and the club could if they could open it one day in the week and the matchday itself.
Old 13-02-2018, 08:04 PM
"Stay gold, Pony Boy"

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Can you exit from the undeveloped concourse?

The lower tier has got really crowded and would be useful overflow to get out after the game or to add toilets etc.

I know we discussed this before but utilising all areas of the Holmesdale is surely a no brainer.
Old 13-02-2018, 08:18 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think they've got enough space in the new stand already. They can stay away from the Holmesdale!
I wasn't being entirely serious

Although they are surely missing a trick by not having some sort of car valeting/shoe polishing area down there for them.

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 13-02-2018, 08:24 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thinking about it a bit more, it reminds me a little about when I had my loft conversion done. At the same time I had the house rewired, some other electrical work done, and whist the scaffold was up, they insulated a couple of other roofslopes.

All these surveys and assessments have given the club quite a 'to-do' list to bring the whole ground up to a better spec, but don't be too surprised if little bits get done all over the place (some behind the scenes which we will never see) to rectify years of decay
Very true.

Remember Parish saying it took the electricians ages (2 years I think?) to finish working out what the mess of cables and wires did. There’d been decades of just adding more on more, and some of it no longer did anything at all. But the defunct stuff hadn’t been removed and the sparks had to test everything in a slow process.
Old 13-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Idol View Post
Can you exit from the undeveloped concourse?

The lower tier has got really crowded and would be useful overflow to get out after the game or to add toilets etc.

I know we discussed this before but utilising all areas of the Holmesdale is surely a no brainer.
If the undeveloped concourse had a bar in it, then surely some fans would head there at half time and straight after the game. This would reduce the pressure on the regular low tier facilities at half time, and on the rear stand exits at full time.

Unfortunately, after 20+ years of non-use the stairwells from the seating tier have now been built over and seats put in their place.

I like Silent Assassin's ideas for a fan meeting space though

The current planning application mentions in several places that the current situation (where the vast majority of fans arrive at the stadium a short time before kick off) is "untenable" due to the pressures of person and bag searches in a short period of time. Increasing the offer to the 'general admission' fan (not just corporate fans) is surely what the club should be aspiring to do, as fans would have reason to arrive earlier if the facilities were there (WHY was Crystals closed???)
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 13-02-2018, 09:12 PM

spy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Increasing the offer to the 'general admission' fan (not just corporate fans) is surely what the club should be aspiring to do, as fans would have reason to arrive earlier if the facilities were there (WHY was Crystals closed???)
I agree. Having no general admission bar around the ground is really poor. Prior to promotion I used to go to Glaziers and since that stopped letting anyone with tickets for other areas I had been going to Crystals. Now there is nowhere to meet friends with tickets in other stands for a beer before the game other than the fanzone which isn't much fun in the winter, sells awful beer and has massive queues 😟
Old 13-02-2018, 09:30 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Interesting to read a summarised clarification (below) over the history of the car parks at the ground. There is going to need to be even greater co-operation between CPFC and Sainsburys in the future if the Exec car park is mostly given over to a 'fan plaza' on matchdays.

"Planning permission (for the supermarket development) was granted in December 1977, with two main conditions: Sainsbury’s is to close during the period between 3 hours before and 3 hours after any first team match, and that Sainsbury’s car park is to be provided free of charge during the time it is open to the public. The relevant part of the land was subsequently transferred from CPFC to Sainsbury’s in 1983.

From 1982, there was a gradual transfer of part of the then adjacent Lady Edridge School site (which was set to be demolished) to be used as car parking for Sainsbury’s and the club. In 1987, Sainsbury’s applied for planning permission to form a car park from part of the former school site (87/2142/P). Permission was granted in April 1989, with a sharing arrangement with the club in place. The sharing arrangement specified that 150 spaces at the southern end were to be made available to stadium users at all times except peak trading times. During football matches, 500 spaces would be available to the club, leaving 250 spaces to Sainsbury’s. The permission also allowed Sainsbury’s to limit its match-day ‘no trading’ period from 1.5 hours before kick-off, and 1.5 hours after the final whistle. The formal transfer of land ownership from Croydon Council to Sainsbury’s occurred the same year.

In 1990, the club applied to place a divide between Sainsbury’s car park and the 253 spaces it leases from Sainsbury’s at the southern end (90/2318/P). Permission was granted in March 1991."

Old 13-02-2018, 09:32 PM
89 pts and EPL ready HAHA

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
If not they could always take a little bit more of the Whitehorse.
Old 13-02-2018, 09:53 PM

CJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I’m still dipping into the various plans and reports for titbits of info when the mood takes me. Some interesting stuff in there - would recommend people do take a good look. If you are only going to read one document then read the design and access statement, as it is crammed with info.

So far there are 6 objections (outweighed by letter of support) and 2 of those 6 are from the same objector. One of the objectors is from Perth in Scotland!!! Bloody looneys up there
Along with local residents, I am currently going through a similar process with a planning application for a proposed nearby housing development by Croydon Council which is about a month ahead of this application. It has been an interesting insight into local politics and the planning process.
The committee is chaired by and effectively controlled by Paul Scott who was seen on the webcast and is also an architect for TP Bennett and the Councillor for Woodside.
Three local ward boundaries meet at the corner of Whitehorse Lane and Park Road so will involve several Councillors.

Most planning documents can be read from the Croydon Council Public Access Register but will require registration with some basic details, so you do not have to be a resident.
Comments can be left via the electronic public access register or sent in by email or by letter. The address of any objectors or supporting comments will be published but the name withheld. It is possible to have objections from more than one household if they have separate email addresses.

Objectors should keep to elements raised by the planning process whilst those in support are advised to emphasise any community benefits.
Deadline for comments is 3rd March with a determination deadline of 10th May.

Last edited by CJ PLUM; 13-02-2018 at 10:01 PM.
Old 13-02-2018, 10:03 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
That area under the Holmesdale has so much potential
With the lack of bridges in the area it's a perfect place for trolls to live under. Fill yer boots
Old 14-02-2018, 09:18 AM
Block E, for now anyway

peterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeterr259 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
No damp course?
It's underground, the dpc would be above ground level!
Old 14-02-2018, 09:19 AM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think it is important for us all to submit positive comments to the planning website. It's quite easy to do. Link on cpfc.co.uk.
Old 14-02-2018, 09:23 AM

ellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bombard the council with positivity.
Old 14-02-2018, 09:37 AM

jhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjhc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellioteagle1 View Post
Bombard the council with positivity.
There are a number of people objecting, so I would agree with this.
Need a lot more people to support the club's application.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 14-02-2018, 09:47 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
There are a number of people objecting, so I would agree with this.
Need a lot more people to support the club's application.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
The only people they are going to really pay attention to are people in the area - a mass of support from fans outside the area is not exactly going to be of any use - fans support club - no shit Sherlock. However support from people in the Croydon area could be useful (although they shouldn't really sway opinion they might).

Try and make any comments of support on planning grounds rather than simply saying its a good idea.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis