Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
I like the look of the revised Arfur.

Better leisure facilities could be a potential gold mine.

A tidy bar area, would be nice and entice people to come earlier and drink more.

It's horrible when people are turned away from the Glaziers due to crowding.
Old 22-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Could use the flooded part of the Holmesdale as a swimming pool
Old 22-02-2013, 11:45 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle
You sir, are an absolute genius, and it is a superb solution.

I've mocked up exactly what you've proposed (excuse the crudeness of my cross-section), and you are dead right.

It would give the Arthur Wait Stand more than double the concourse, a much lighter and airier stand, a premium upper tier along the side of the pitch, and the Park Road houses opposite would not suffer adversely from any removal of light

Brilliant!

Blimey ! I had no idea that the BBS was infested with so many bodging builders.
Old 23-02-2013, 10:36 AM

Grassboy is a gunboat in a sea of fearGrassboy is a gunboat in a sea of fearGrassboy is a gunboat in a sea of fearGrassboy is a gunboat in a sea of fearGrassboy is a gunboat in a sea of fearGrassboy is a gunboat in a sea of fearGrassboy is a gunboat in a sea of fearGrassboy is a gunboat in a sea of fearGrassboy is a gunboat in a sea of fearGrassboy is a gunboat in a sea of fearGrassboy is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesy
The salt mines near Krakow?
Ha! Was there on Wednesday, maybe we should run guided tours of the Holmesdale Cavern?
Old 23-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire
Blimey ! I had no idea that the BBS was infested with so many bodging builders.
It's an actual realistic idea for how it could be rebuilt, instead of the genius "we need to demolish and rebuild" without even a care for how much that would cost. Realism is the name of the game here, yes we need a modern stadium but we have to do that to a budget.

Dorking's plan was exactly what I meant. If done properly with decent facilities and exec boxes then I see no reason why this would be a "bodge job".

I know it takes away some of the capacity of the stand but that's where the 2nd tier comes in, therefore retaining the 9k capacity. The roof could be designed to enable it to join to both the Holmesdale and Whitehorse (once a 2nd tier is built on it), therefore meaning the corners could be also be seated, further increasing the capacity.

With a new increased capacity Main Stand we could be looking at a decent 30k+ stadium.
Old 23-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
I think we should be the first club to play in a floating stadium in the sky, with those hippogriff things from Harry Potter to transport the fans there. If, as I suspect, hippogriffs don't actually exist, then we can use the services of Brian Blessed and the hawkmen from Flash Gordon.

"Dean Gordon's alive".

Quote:
Given all these potential problems, it's all the more astonishing that my 2 proposals so far have been blatantly ingored:

1 - A floating 'Palace in the Sky' stadium, transport provided by a taxi service by the hawkmen led by Brian Blessed from Flash Gordon. They would have to be renamed the Eagle men of course, and shout 'Dean Gordon's alive' at the top of their voices from time to time.

and

2 - All future Government funding for transport to be funnelled into teleportation, thereby negating the requirement for cars, buses, trains or anything else for that matter.

But no, not a word from anyone. Fair enough, you just carry on.

Quote:
As a big fan of both 'the Hawkmen' in Flash Gordon, and Lando Calrissian's 'Cloud City' in Empire Strikes Back, I feel we are missing a trick here.

I'm sure building some football pitches up in the sky would be cheaper than buying land, and have less opposition from local residents. The hawkmen would be able to carry little fellas like Jon Williams to training, and people like Paddy and Gardner could use one of Flash Gordon's air bikes if they're too heavy. Recruit Wonder Woman to administer physical therapy, and we'd be laughing.

Also less chance of being under threat from the 'child snatchers' alluded to by Steve Parish, as the original character from the film was never able to successfully pursue Chitty Chitty Bang Bang once it took to the skies.
Quote:
Everyone is still banging on about using the area under the stadium, yet continually ignores my obvious answer of using the practically unlimited space above Selhurst Park. As previously mentioned, Brian Blessed's Hawkmen are adept at building whole cities in the sky, so a simple 40000 capacity stadium should not be a problem in the slightest.

Tie it in with a park and fly scheme, everyone's a winner. We just have to remember the box of Maltesers for each new signing, and that's the playing side taken care of also.

Should there be any concerns about the hawkmen ripping the club off as a result of their monopoly on the 'stadia in the sky' market, then I'm sure Lando Calrissian could provide a competitive quote.
All the answers are right there, always have been.......yet silence. And for that reason, I'm out.
Old 23-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
Ron Noades lives in that lake under the Holmesdale hatching his next evil plan

Old 23-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
All the answers are right there, always have been.......yet silence. And for that reason, I'm out.
Why Selhurst? We need to move back home to CPP. There must be a way of using the 2 transmitter towers as goal posts, just build a couple more in the park. There would be no congestion issues for those damned NIMBY's to moan about as we'd all get there by jetpack. In fact I dont think there are any possible negatives to this plan.

This shit just got real.

Last edited by Billy Rhino; 23-02-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 23-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Back On The Circuit.

Vince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What ever happened to Ron Noades plastic mock up of the new stadium? Do we still have it?

I remember seeing it in the reception or players lounge years ago.
Old 23-02-2013, 02:52 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino
Why Selhurst? We need to move back home to CPP. There must be a way of using the 2 transmitter towers as goal posts, just build a couple more in the park. There would be no congestion issues for those damned NIMBY's to moan about as we'd all get there by jetpack. In fact I dont think there are any possible negatives to this plan.

This shit just got real.

I think it's quite clear that my posts don't advocate staying at Selhurst........
Old 23-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Great idea!
Old 23-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilarious
What ever happened to Ron Noades plastic mock up of the new stadium? Do we still have it?

I remember seeing it in the reception or players lounge years ago.

Here it is:

Old 23-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Registered lunatic

The Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screenThe Stig has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick
Here it is:

That's Loftus road!
Old 23-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farselhurstparkflyer stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farselhurstparkflyer stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farselhurstparkflyer stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farselhurstparkflyer stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farselhurstparkflyer stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farselhurstparkflyer stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farselhurstparkflyer stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farselhurstparkflyer stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farselhurstparkflyer stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farselhurstparkflyer stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Its about all.we need if we continue playing like we did today.
Old 23-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Keeping the peace

Goldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoldberg Basher : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I know that Lego is quite a (relatively) strong building block but it eventaully falls to pieces in your hands when you least expect it...usually when you're just about to top it off...
Old 23-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Model for Ruddock & Molby

TWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWOSEAT EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig
That's Loftus road!
Nah....the crowd's too big.
Old 23-02-2013, 08:28 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSEAT EAGLE
Nah....the crowd's too big.
New Den?
Old 28-02-2013, 11:54 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
The Arthur has the worst facilities and the one that needs doing first but the main stand will bring in more revenue to actually help pay for the work.

But at the moment the Main Stand is usually full and the Arthur nearly empty for most games. Also most of the 'causal' fans seem to sit in the Arthur, surely do the Arthur first whilst keeping the Main Stand open and making £'s. I think re doing the Arthur first would bring in far more causal fans.

Then once the new Arthur is built we have a nice new stand while the Main Stand is developed.
Old 28-02-2013, 11:57 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76
I like the look of the revised Arfur.

Better leisure facilities could be a potential gold mine.

A tidy bar area, would be nice and entice people to come earlier and drink more.

It's horrible when people are turned away from the Glaziers due to crowding.

Also what about some sort of underneath the ground/stand concourse for the Arthur.
Old 28-02-2013, 11:59 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd
But at the moment the Main Stand is usually full and the Arthur nearly empty for most games. Also most of the 'causal' fans seem to sit in the Arthur, surely do the Arthur first whilst keeping the Main Stand open and making £'s. I think re doing the Arthur first would bring in far more causal fans.

Then once the new Arthur is built we have a nice new stand while the Main Stand is developed.
That's my feeling. The loss of revenue from rebuilding the Arthur first would surely be less than the loss of revenue AND facility of the main stand?