Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
'Wiggo' has been giving his weekend's premier league predicitions alongside 'Lawro' and will appear on football focus.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

It describes him as a 'life-long liverpool fan' on there. I thought in his autobiogaphy I recalled him being an Arsenal fan?

Cav is a Leeds fan according to his bio if anyone keeps tabs on these things. Geraint Thomas Cardiff I think I've read although that's hardly surprising.

We need a Palace cyclist - maybe we could convert one?
Old 03-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST
'Wiggo' has been giving his weekend's premier league predicitions alongside 'Lawro' and will appear on football focus.

It describes him as a 'life-long liverpool fan' on there. I thought in his autobiogaphy I recalled him being an Arsenal fan?

Cav is a Leeds fan according to his bio if anyone keeps tabs on these things. Geraint Thomas Cardiff I think I've read although that's hardly surprising.

You are right about Wiggins - the anorak iin me just checked v clear on p26 of his autobiography
Don't mind who we adopt as long as it isn't th boring Hoy
Old 03-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestinian
You are right about Wiggins - the anorak iin me just checked v clear on p26 of his autobiography
Don't mind who we adopt as long as it isn't th boring Hoy
Thanks for clarifying that - thought my mind was playing tricks on me.

Perhaps we could target Boss Hagen what with Steffan Iversen at the club and us playing in the colours of the Norwegian flag?

I'm sure we could get a cyclist to follow palace, I might have to sign up to that twitter thing though.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:46 PM

stange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sean Yates used to live in Grinny, born in Ewell, there's a chance....he used to be a decent player. Back in the late 80's I was cycling near Ashdown Forest and he came past me, felt like I was going backwards. (we recognised him cos he turned around and flew back the other way).

Oh and just finished "The Hour" by Michael Hutchinson - brilliant book.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:59 PM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stange555
Sean Yates used to live in Grinny, born in Ewell, there's a chance....he used to be a decent player. Back in the late 80's I was cycling near Ashdown Forest and he came past me, felt like I was going backwards. (we recognised him cos he turned around and flew back the other way).

Oh and just finished "The Hour" by Michael Hutchinson - brilliant book.
Doesn't Yates still play? I vaguely recall reading a piece about him playing as a goalkeeper sometime last year - he certainly had the physique for it.

Last edited by Palestinian; 04-03-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Returning to obscurity

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST

I think the nearest one to Palace, by birth at least, would be Emma Pooley

Velogames after disappearing after the TdF seems to be functioning again
Old 04-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Noot! Noot!

Quote:
That's good. Not long til the giro.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
There are worse cyclists out there
Old 04-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
there's an emma pooley on twitter who's from croydon but I don't think it's her :P
Old 05-03-2011, 09:54 AM

stange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Excellent, I'll probably give it a bit more thought than I did for my, frankly woeful debut season.

Paris -Nice starts tomorrow, I'm going to be optimistic and go for Thomas and Wiggo in the top 10, I fancy Roche to do something special. No Cav or Contador (according to the start list), although Porte is in and he could pull a minor surprise.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:39 AM

Men At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Simon Mottram, CEO of Rapha: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Between matches

Like it.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:56 PM

Yep, good words, shame about both examples used (Pantani and Virenque) being a bit, erm, dodgy
Old 07-03-2011, 11:40 AM

Men At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsMen At Work has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Old 07-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Green man

OldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Rebecca Romero was born in Carshalton and went to School at Wallington Girls (otherwise known as the Virgin Megastore).
Old 07-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Returning to obscurity

Just finished a rather strange little cycling biography – Matt Rendell’s ‘Significant Other’ – rather appropriately bought for me by my significant other in a remainder bookshop.

It is the story of Víctor Hugo Peña, a domestique of Armstrong in the Centenary TdF in 2003. It is a bit like Rendell's Real Peloton podcasts – a lot of meandering around with some very interesting stuff thrown in. It centres around Stage 15 where Armstrong built up a decisive advantage seen through Peña’s eyes and role, the rest covers the lead up to the stage including Peña wearing the maillot jeune for a few days, and a lot of oddities about the history of the TdF, particularly its internationalisation.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Green man

OldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I read Paul Kimmage's Rough Ride some years back. It was quite an eye opener, particularly about the drugs. But I got the slight feeling he had an axe to grind - but I know not why.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Just finished a rather strange little cycling biography – Matt Rendell’s ‘Significant Other’ – rather appropriately bought for me by my significant other in a remainder bookshop.

It is the story of Víctor Hugo Peña, a domestique of Armstrong in the Centenary TdF in 2003. It is a bit like Rendell's Real Peloton podcasts – a lot of meandering around with some very interesting stuff thrown in. It centres around Stage 15 where Armstrong built up a decisive advantage seen through Peña’s eyes and role, the rest covers the lead up to the stage including Peña wearing the maillot jeune for a few days, and a lot of oddities about the history of the TdF, particularly its internationalisation.
It's a good, if slightly odd - I think it's trying to be a bit too cerebral....
Old 07-03-2011, 07:30 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
What about some racing?
Paris-Nice, undoubtedly the biggest race so far this season, started yesterday with an unexpected stage winner.

Place Coureur Temps / Ecart
1 BEL T.DE GENDT (VCD) 4h05'06"
2 FRA J.ROY (FDJ) m.t.
3 AUS H.HAUSSLER (GRM) m.t.
4 SLQ P.SAGAN (LIQ) m.t.
5 NZL G.HENDERSON (SKY) m.t.
6 ALL J.VOIGT (LEO) m.t.
7 BEL W.WEYLANDT (LEO) m.t.
8 SUI D.WYSS (BMC) m.t.
9 FRA R.FEILLU (VCD) m.t.
10 BEL G.STEEGMANS (QST) m.t.
11 FRA S.DUMOULIN (COF) m.t.
12 AFS R.HUNTER (RSH) m.t.
13 AUS M.GOSS (THR) m.t.
14 BEL J.ROELANDTS (OLO) m.t.
15 FRA F.VACHON (BSC) m.t.
16 FRA A.JEANNESSON (FDJ) m.t.
17 ITA F.GAVAZZI (LAM) m.t.
18 FRA J.DELPECH (BSC) m.t.
19 HOL R.RUIJGH (VCD) m.t.
20 FRA R.PAURIOL (FDJ) m.t.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:33 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Stage 2 brought a good win for the Sky team in a sprint finish. It probably wasn't as exciting as it could have been since the wind didn't play as big a role as expected. There were however a fair few crashes including Schleck.

Place Coureur Temps / Ecart
1 NZL G.HENDERSON (SKY) 5h00'56"
2 AUS M.GOSS (THR) m.t.
3 RUS D.GALIMZYANOV (KAT) m.t.
4 AUS H.HAUSSLER (GRM) m.t.
5 SLQ P.SAGAN (LIQ) m.t.
6 FRA R.FEILLU (VCD) m.t.
7 BEL J.ROELANDTS (OLO) m.t.
8 ESP J.ROJAS GIL (MOV) m.t.
9 LIT T.VAITKUS (AST) m.t.
10 SUI D.WYSS (BMC) m.t.
11 HOL M.MAASKANT (GRM) m.t.