Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 04:28 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Would love Ziyech at Palace.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:55 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant View Post
Simply answered. We are beating the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal even with Hennessey in goal (who I am desperate to improve on , believe me). Go see how many games we win when any 1 of any 2 of our 2 tricky wingers are out (Wilf/Bolasie/AT) over the 2 years since Bolasie first got That Stoke injury. We've had hardly anything and certainly not had a sniff against the big boys. It's so easy to understand, when Benteke is back, if Wilf or AT are out we are nothing but if that isn't the case you have our good run under Allardyce on your hands.
Our good run under Allardyce was linked to Sakho at the back, started when he started his 1st game, ended when he was injured.

We lost the game before that to stoke with both playing, we went on to lose that game against Spurs after Sakho's injury and the Burnley game and the Man City game (although more understandable).

The difference of having Zaha and Townsend in the side last season is almost identical to when you do the same with and without Cabaye and Benteke.

Of course having your best players available and on the pitch is going to get you better results. However in all those positions we have players who we would say are good enough for this level.

In goal we do not. If we bring in a PL quality GK we will concede less goals, we will score more points, they will start. Both up front and out wide if we bring a player in they will either sit on the bench or put one of our existing PL quality players on the bench. The benefit will be more marginal.

In terms of the single most effective benefit of a signing at this moment in time will be in goal. Of course with injuries having greater depth would be beneficial but our 1st XI has a hole in it.

Last edited by GreatGonzo; 02-11-2017 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:18 PM

Ron Dogers is just too good for youRon Dogers is just too good for youRon Dogers is just too good for youRon Dogers is just too good for youRon Dogers is just too good for youRon Dogers is just too good for youRon Dogers is just too good for youRon Dogers is just too good for youRon Dogers is just too good for youRon Dogers is just too good for youRon Dogers is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy C View Post
On that different type of striker, I wonder if we'll be in for Danny Ings. Huge risk due to his injury record, but the kind of player that could be right for us, even when fit I'm not sure he'll now be in Klopps plans. A shame we've used up our 2 loan options already.

Obviously need a keeper as well, will be interesting to see if we go back in for that Ronnow fella or Cairns from Fleetwood Town.

Lookman from Everton would be a decent signing as well.
If we get a player like Ings, unless as back-up, back-up then it will take him a month or so to get match fit if he ever does. I feel we need a player from the C'ship or abroad who is sharp and can hit the ground running. Even with CB fit and hopefully scoring, a player to give him competition and support is desperately needed along with a proper goalie and not about 2am Jan 31 please, identify the targets and get them in.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:23 AM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Would love Ziyech at Palace.
very un-Palace player
Old 02-11-2017, 11:20 AM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
The difference of having Zaha and Townsend in the side last season is almost identical to when you do the same with and without Cabaye and Benteke.
Oh yeah almost identical when Cabaye and Benteke are actually entirely different positions in different lines of formation etc. Also we won 3 of our first 4 league wins last term WITHOUT Cabaye including v Southampton (H) after a torrid run WITH Cabaye. Apart from all that I've got you spot on. Well ok, I offered you 2 years of data and you offered 1. And, ok we also offer almost no creative threat from the middle (because the only threat is from those wide players we are discussing). Don't tell me, I bet you thought FDB was an exciting acquisition for the club too? Yes?
Old 02-11-2017, 11:45 AM

SW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Our good run under Allardyce was linked to Sakho at the back, started when he started his 1st game, ended when he was injured.

We lost the game before that to stoke with both playing, we went on to lose that game against Spurs after Sakho's injury and the Burnley game and the Man City game (although more understandable).

Of course having your best players available and on the pitch is going to get you better results. However in all those positions we have players who we would say are good enough for this level.

In goal we do not. If we bring in a PL quality GK we will concede less goals, we will score more points, they will start. Both up front and out wide if we bring a player in they will either sit on the bench or put one of our existing PL quality players on the bench. The benefit will be more marginal.

In terms of the single most effective benefit of a signing at this moment in time will be up front. Of course with injuries having greater depth would be beneficial but our 1st XI has a hole in it.
Very good post.

IMO we need a GK as #1 choice
Back up striker #2
RB / UB #3
CB#4 Without Sakho, Dann and Tomkins can be woeful.

Last edited by SW11 Andy; 02-11-2017 at 11:45 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-11-2017, 09:58 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
We could spend 4 million of that for some more stone for Dougie to look under.

I am basing this on the theory of buying 4 million scratch cards. Although that is kind of what we did when we went up under Holloway.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:05 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Strangely i feel we will sell benteke in january for £20 million and spend £10 million on a championship striker and get a few loans in on high wages and a left back
Old 05-11-2017, 10:18 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:
So we need a winger because we lack cover for our 1st team PL quality wingers. But we don't need a PL quality GK more when we don't even have 1 of those?

IMO in order of priority it is:
1) Goalkeeper
2) Striker
3) Winger/Creative mid

If the £40m only gets us the 1st 2 then so be it but i would hope to get 3 players in for that money.
No way is goalkeeper more of a priority than a striker. We can't win games 0-0. If Benteke gets injured again we are in the same position.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:22 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi View Post
No way is goalkeeper more of a priority than a striker. We can't win games 0-0. If Benteke gets injured again we are in the same position.
Except by the time the window opens we should have Wickham back (if he can stay fit).

I would probably still make a striker my number priority though.

I still simply can't believe we ended the summer window without one. I'm still in the denial stage I think. Just so, so, so absurd for any professional club, let alone a PL one.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:10 AM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This window will be totally dependent on where we are come January. No point in spending lots of money if we are more or less down by then - then we should focus on getting rid of dead meat..
Old 06-11-2017, 07:57 AM

Dedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad197o View Post
Strangely i feel we will sell benteke in january for £20 million and spend £10 million on a championship striker and get a few loans in on high wages and a left back
No chance
Old 06-11-2017, 07:58 AM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedders View Post
No chance
Or maybe 2 strikers and a left back :-)
Old 06-11-2017, 08:15 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

In terms of the single most effective benefit of a signing at this moment in time will be in goal. Of course with injuries having greater depth would be beneficial but our 1st XI has a hole in it.
I agree, a GK has to be our priority. Yes, if we have injuries to Benteke (again) Zaha etc we will suffer massively but with everyone fit we have a mid table prem first 11 and a few subs bar in goal (and maybe LB).
Old 06-11-2017, 09:08 AM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle View Post
I agree, a GK has to be our priority. Yes, if we have injuries to Benteke (again) Zaha etc we will suffer massively but with everyone fit we have a mid table prem first 11 and a few subs bar in goal (and maybe LB).
We definitely need to prioritise the signing of a new keeper, but I'm not sure we will have to spend too much money to sign a much better keeper than we have. I wonder how much Tottenham would want for Gazzaniga. Surely we could tempt their third choice keeper to join us.
Old 06-11-2017, 09:18 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad197o View Post
You need to lie down

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 06-11-2017, 09:28 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken View Post
We definitely need to prioritise the signing of a new keeper, but I'm not sure we will have to spend too much money to sign a much better keeper than we have. I wonder how much Tottenham would want for Gazzaniga. Surely we could tempt their third choice keeper to join us.
Guy puts in a great oerformance on his debut having just joined the club. There is no chance Spurs would sell. Iím not sure where this PL keeper is coming from

With luck we can survive with Jules and Wayne so a short term contract is feasible.

Our priority is a forward and an attacking midfielder.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 06-11-2017, 09:32 AM

PremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for youPremierPalace is just too good for you
We were linked with Atleticoís second choice at the end of the window on a loan with a view to buy, was pretty cheap if I recall. But we left it too late then, maybe weíll go back in for him? We need a goalie, striker and probably a back up winger, anything else is a bonus to me
Old 06-11-2017, 09:38 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Guy puts in a great oerformance on his debut having just joined the club. There is no chance Spurs would sell. Iím not sure where this PL keeper is coming from

With luck we can survive with Jules and Wayne so a short term contract is feasible.

Our priority is a forward and an attacking midfielder.
Isn't Gazzaniga the guy that made his debut for Southampton against us and made some excellent saves then too? I think Poch then took him to Spurs amid a few raised eyebrows but TBH looks like he was right.

Dont' worry they will probably offer us Sissoko and Gazzaniga as a swap deal for Wilf in the transfer window
Old 06-11-2017, 09:43 AM

rambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think Chung-Yong Lee,Jordon Mutch,Damien Delaney,Martin Kelly & Freddie Ladapo will be Sold.
Making Room for a Goal-Keeper,Centre-Back,Midfielder & 2 Strikers.
Closed Thread