Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-01-2017, 10:40 AM

macstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hull eagle View Post
Grateful for what ASLEF are doing for my safety
Old 12-01-2017, 10:42 AM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
id like to know who that train driver was... weve had nothing but support from drivers from other companies.......

the RMT dispute with the guards is particially about job preservation but the ASLEF one isnt.

Thameslink AND Southern have had DOO for over 25 years.....

...but it was maximum 8 coach trains using decent platform based monitors NOT 12 car trains with the unsuitable cameras in the cab. A few years ago Thameslink did actually agree to do 12 car DOO using class 377 trains in exchange for a generous contract (to match Great Northerns). I believe the cameras screens are better in the cab than in the SOuthern trains.
They are the 377/5s which are actually Southern's trains. Pretty sure they are the old style cameras.

Thameslink have only had better cameras since the 387s came out.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:50 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDNEAGLE View Post
Well this thread has been a fun little read with my morning hangover.

Curious what these PMs are though.

Question for those involved as drivers/PR/imaginary lawyers is there an end in sight or is this Mexican standoff just at the early stages?
You would hope commonsense prevails... I think the DfT being involved makes things tricky, they don't attend ACAS, but Southern need their say so to agree anything... really all 3 need to be in the same room.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:01 AM

macstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
They are the 377/5s which are actually Southern's trains. Pretty sure they are the old style cameras.

Thameslink have only had better cameras since the 387s came out.
ok, cheers, clears that up. doesnt help our argument

Why was it ever agreed?
Old 12-01-2017, 11:07 AM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
ok, cheers, clears that up. doesnt help our argument

Why was it ever agreed?
$
Old 12-01-2017, 11:39 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
quick aside - if they go with the renationalisation route via not extending the franchises, what will happen re the rolling stock which is owned by the ROSCOs, Angel et al
Old 12-01-2017, 11:42 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
quick aside - if they go with the renationalisation route via not extending the franchises, what will happen re the rolling stock which is owned by the ROSCOs, Angel et al
No idea, I'd love it to be re-nationalised, just can't see it... too many powerful people make money from it.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:44 AM
sleep chaser

Spoke to a driver this morning, and at my depot it seems a few drivers are gonna use the ramp to get wheelchairs on despite being told not to. The theory is the company won't discipline drivers because of the bad PR.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:56 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
privately owned, so Nationalised TOC would continue the existing leasing agreements, or possibly buy them out.

Real question is would they sign new agreements or bring in house. Frankly that decision would come down to how they are required to account for leases or if there is a funny under government GAAP.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
No idea, I'd love it to be re-nationalised, just can't see it... too many powerful people make money from it.
Only a left wing government would nationalise the railways and housing, instead we have these wankers calling the shots. Probably for another thread though.

PS loved 'don't sue me' must spread unfortunately.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:42 PM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Spoke to a driver this morning, and at my depot it seems a few drivers are gonna use the ramp to get wheelchairs on despite being told not to. The theory is the company won't discipline drivers because of the bad PR.
We are not supposed to leave the cab for any reason apart from an emergency. Would probably lead to operational incidents if we did plus not trained on ramps so open to being sued if it goes wrong
Old 12-01-2017, 12:47 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
Did you ever meet Popster?

You went quiet for a while... I feared the worse.
No, I'm still waiting for brekkie.

Or I was going to buy him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017

Last edited by Chief Brody; 12-01-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:48 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltic eagle View Post
We are not supposed to leave the cab for any reason apart from an emergency. Would probably lead to operational incidents if we did plus not trained on ramps so open to being sued if it goes wrong
We'll be selling tickets out the cab window next Chris.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:58 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Great thread in the last few days. I can add the Lawyer's posts to..... To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
He isnt top class mate

Re Benteke - 14 May 2017

Last edited by Chief Brody; 12-01-2017 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:02 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Corbyn due at Selhurst picket tomorrow. Most at the depot this morning said they don't want him there.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:06 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
Great thread in the last few days. I can add the Lawyer's posts to..... To view the link you have to Register or Login
Popester megamix
Old 12-01-2017, 01:08 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Corbyn due at Selhurst picket tomorrow. Most at the depot this morning said they don't want him there.
He's a good man... not cut out for politics though.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:11 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

BTW - keep it up troops (from a non-'average' commuter it seems!)

Quote:
He isnt top class mate

Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 12-01-2017, 01:13 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
BTW - keep it up troops (from a non-'average' commuter it seems!)
Old 12-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Respected by no one

Oikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltic eagle View Post
How long does it take to be trained on how to use a ramp? My father is now in a wheelchair following an accident and I've worked out how to get him in and out of the house and in and out of a wheelchair friendly vehicle with no training whatsoever using ramps.

FWIW I don't ever want to see train drivers having to be responsible for disabled passengers but all this bullshit about not being trained to do it is pure H&S bollocks.