Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:24 PM

carter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by the digger View Post
Bearing in mind that, for half a season, a back 4 of Ward-Delaney-Dann-Kelly was one of the best in the league, maybe it isn't the defenders (as such) that is the problem.....
Don't remember Kelly being part of a good defence. Do remember Mariappa being part of one though
Old 11-01-2017, 10:29 PM

16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Joel is a very good premier league right back and has all the credentials. He just has a shocker every 5 games and people on here jump on it. If you look at the better fullbacks in the league they have these games also. The modern day full back has completely changed. They are asked to do much more. Plus the talent they are battling is improving all the time. Joel has developed very well over the years and we have been lucky to have him.

Just to add better footballer than Carl Jenkinson.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:38 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would expect Ward to thrive under SA as said manager won't ask him to do things he clearly isn't good at and will ensure he has fair and reasonable support and protection. Even Tony Adams admitted that if exposed he was absolutely shocking. As part of a proper unit with everyone fully aware of their jobs and responsibilities, ofcourse, he was immense.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:41 PM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe digger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe digger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe digger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe digger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe digger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe digger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe digger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe digger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe digger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethe digger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Don't remember Kelly being part of a good defence. Do remember Mariappa being part of one though
Apologies, I acknowledge my mistake. The point remains that, in my opinion, our defensive frailties are more about how we are set up in front of the back four than the back four themselves.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:05 PM

CPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC247 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcben View Post
Would rather have Ward.
Would rather have both
Old 11-01-2017, 11:38 PM

cpfcfan124 does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikicpfcfan124 does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikicpfcfan124 does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikicpfcfan124 does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikicpfcfan124 does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikicpfcfan124 does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikicpfcfan124 does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikicpfcfan124 does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikicpfcfan124 does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikicpfcfan124 does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikikicpfcfan124 does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Anyone think we could be buying a new right back to move Ward to the midfield? - Where he played for Pompey.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:42 PM

Sp1Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSp1Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSp1Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSp1Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSp1Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSp1Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSp1Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSp1Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSp1Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSp1Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSp1Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Poor player
Old 11-01-2017, 11:46 PM

ANDYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDYEAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan124 View Post
Anyone think we could be buying a new right back to move Ward to the midfield? - Where he played for Pompey.
No
Old 11-01-2017, 11:59 PM

Dave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have said it before, Ward with Kelly as a back-up is more than good enough for us at the moment.

Some of the criticism of Ward is lunacy.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:06 AM

BringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBringbackShipps : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan124 View Post
Or if we switch to a back 3 could he come inside as per Azpilicueta at Chelsea?

----------Tomkins---Dann---Ward---

Jenkinson--------------------------Schlupp/Brady/Pva
Old 12-01-2017, 01:02 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Ward played everywhere for Pompy, but a friend who used to watch Pompy quite a lot said he was a cracking centre back (at that level)
Old 12-01-2017, 07:34 AM

Seanee Pawnee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeanee Pawnee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeanee Pawnee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeanee Pawnee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeanee Pawnee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeanee Pawnee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeanee Pawnee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeanee Pawnee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeanee Pawnee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeanee Pawnee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSeanee Pawnee : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Article in today's express saying it's a done deal? If he's better than jelly kelly then great!
Old 12-01-2017, 07:43 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanee Pawnee View Post
Article in today's express saying it's a done deal? If he's better than jelly kelly then great!
Hilarious
Old 12-01-2017, 07:46 AM
I'm listening ....

xian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minexian1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Another squad player, our transfer policy is sure lunacy, you either pick players with potential or players with experience of your current level. Jenkinson is just cover ...
Old 12-01-2017, 07:47 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by xian1 View Post
Another squad player, our transfer policy is sure lunacy, you either pick players with potential or players with experience of your current level. Jenkinson is just cover ...
I doubt it. He has played under BFS before. Can't see him coming here without being promised regular football.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:51 AM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
My old manager (from work) took Jenkinson on loan from Charlton when he was manager of Eastbourne Borough. Said that loan was sort of the making for him as when he went back he went straight into the Charlton side. He also told me he was always going to be Premier League quality and didn't have any bad words to say about him, in fact was quite complimentary as they both still keep in touch.

Sadly I don't keep in touch with my old manager anymore so I'd have no way of finding out whether he knows if this is close or not.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:18 AM

BillyTKid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBillyTKid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBillyTKid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBillyTKid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBillyTKid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBillyTKid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBillyTKid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBillyTKid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBillyTKid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBillyTKid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBillyTKid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by xian1 View Post
I don't think so. We have the poorest full back partnership in the premier league. Our midfield gets very little support going forward from the full backs and their passing / control is so poor that it puts us in trouble. I think it would be great to get a new right back and left back. Kelly only has 6 months left on his contract so it would be best to get a small fee from a championship team for him now, if we sign Jenkinson and another CB.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:31 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
I can't remember much about him if I'm honest, but if he has the work rate and defensive ability as Joel Ward, but can pass the ball and keep possession better, then he is an upgrade imo, and at a reasonable price. That's not having a go at JW, but he's lost the ball too cheaply and too often over the last 12 months and at the very least needs some competition.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:35 AM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
I can't remember much about him if I'm honest, but if he has the work rate and defensive ability as Joel Ward, but can pass the ball and keep possession better, then he is an upgrade imo, and at a reasonable price. That's not having a go at JW, but he's lost the ball too cheaply and too often over the last 12 months and at the very least needs some competition.
Agree with that. I tend to think quite a few players in the squad don't feel challenged enough so they get into a comfort zone. Cabaye under Pardew, Puncheon, Zaha last season as well as Bolasie, Townsend this season, even Pape and Joel as you say, not one of those players you could say could be replaced. I fear Benteke of late is almost the same since Wickham's injury and Remy just hasn't had enough to keep him on his toes. The quality of our squad depth is virtually non-existent.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:39 AM
Against EPPP

The Addonians : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Addonians : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Addonians : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Addonians : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Addonians : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Addonians : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Addonians : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Addonians : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Addonians : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Addonians : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Addonians : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
I don't think so. We have the poorest full back partnership in the premier league. Our midfield gets very little support going forward from the full backs and their passing / control is so poor that it puts us in trouble. I think it would be great to get a new right back and left back. Kelly only has 6 months left on his contract so it would be best to get a small fee from a championship team for him now, if we sign Jenkinson and another CB.
I thought Kelly was signed as a CB? He's only covering at LB as we're so short on numbers at the back.