Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 12-01-2017, 12:29 PM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Probably about the last position we actually need though, maybe second to right midfield.

Keeper... yep, that would be good

Left back... oh my **** yes... urgent and needs addressing in this window

Center back... not urgent but if the right player was there yes, an upgrade wouldn't hurt

Right midfield zaha and Townsend

Left midfield.. yes please, squad would be much stronger this season with an upgrade

Center midfield..not urgent but upgrades welcome

Strikers.. Campbell starting regularly wouldn't be enough goals despite effort. Remy is questionable fitness, that leave almost all hope on benteke with wickham out. We'd be safer with more

Right back... ward, Tomkins amd Kelly is ok at rb. Last place we need unless ward is destined to be lb due lack of players available
Kelly isn't ok in any position. Jenkinson would be good competition and arguably better than Ward.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:07 PM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
signing any player who is better than we already have is fine by me and right now any sort of addition to the defence is a good thing.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:13 PM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can't help but think the people in favour of this haven't seen Jenkinson play...

I'm all for defensive upgrades, he is not it though.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:14 PM

Goat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamTheEagle View Post
Can't help but think the people in favour of this haven't seen Jenkinson play...

Under Big Sam he was very impressive at West Ham.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:17 PM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Weed View Post
Under Big Sam he was very impressive at West Ham.
3 years ago? People clutching at straws here. As others have stated, he seems to have issues with injuries too.

Happy to be proven wrong but I just don't see it.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:18 PM

glenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Palace fan writing off a player without giving him a chance in a Palace shirt.....who'd have thought it.
He might turn into a hell of a signing what with the potential seen previously by a couple of managers, but i suppose its always best to keep the glass half empty isn't it.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:19 PM
So then I says to Mabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn.f View Post
Palace fan writing off a player without giving him a chance in a Palace shirt.....who'd have thought it.
He might turn into a hell of a signing what with the potential seen previously by a couple of managers, but i suppose its always best to keep the glass half empty isn't it.
Or, you know, I'm giving my opinion on a player who I have seen a fair bit of?
Old 12-01-2017, 01:20 PM

Goat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is hereGoat Weed Sam the man is here
Quote:
3 years ago? People clutching at straws here. As others have stated, he seems to have issues with injuries too.

You're making out like he's over the hill.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:24 PM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

He actually played 52 times in the last two seasons for West Ham (admittedly only one of those seasons was for Big Sam).
Old 12-01-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Or, you know, I'm giving my opinion on a player who I have seen a fair bit of?
I've seen a fair bit of him aswell, and I would agree that he looked poor in his last spell at the Spammers. I don't think you can write off how much of an impact a manager knowing how to utilise a player can have on a players performances though, which Allardyce clearly knows how to do with Jenkinson.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:39 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well I think we need a new RB. So I'm fine with this if Allardyce is targetting four players then I assume it's a RB, LB, CB and LW.

I'd have prefered a DM instead of CB but I can see the logic if he just makes the defence as a whole bigger. Or if he goes 352 or 343
Old 12-01-2017, 01:41 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think he is ok. Just remember how hard it is to get anyone any good in the Jan window. Miles better than Collins. (difft position i know, before anyone says it)
Old 12-01-2017, 01:46 PM

CedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by laboxers View Post
Just another Mutch would be a worse diss
Until some over-rated foreigner gets rumoured then we can use "Just another Zohar".
Old 12-01-2017, 02:12 PM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarEagle View Post
Until some over-rated foreigner gets rumoured then we can use "Just another Zohar".
Old 12-01-2017, 02:18 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Kelly isn't ok in any position. Jenkinson would be good competition and arguably better than Ward.
Yeah but Sam and parish have both said we have money but it's limited and how many players we can buy will be dictated by how much the first one costs.

If funds are truely limited and it's not just to stop other sides demanding silly money then I'd rather not sign a player arguably better than we've got. I'd rather sign a truely decent left back first and foremost, then left midfield, then striker and then.... take advantage of other opportunities
Old 12-01-2017, 02:31 PM

ben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Get in two attacking full backs that can get up and down the pitch, then you won't need to worry as much about attacking options. At the moment we have Ward and Kelly, neither of whom are particularly great at getting forward. Add in the fact that Sam may actually add discipline to the team, so when the full backs do get forward, we don't just leave the rest of the defense exposed like Pardew did.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:45 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
An Arsenal fan tells me he has an incredible cross, which is something we are missing. Of course this doesnt answer the question of how an Arsenal fan knows what his cross is like.

@RisZero
Old 12-01-2017, 02:51 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
An Arsenal fan tells me he has an incredible cross, which is something we are missing. Of course this doesnt answer the question of how an Arsenal fan knows what his cross is like.
Maybe you misheard, he said ''he get's incredibly cross'', Anger management might help.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:14 PM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I dont know how anyone can come on here and say that any of our back 4 are good enough, they have all been generally shit all season. As a player, you are only as good as your last few games and and neither Kelly or Ward have looked anything other than Championship players this season.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:16 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I dont know how anyone can come on here and say that any of our back 4 are good enough, they have all been generally shit all season. As a player, you are only as good as your last few games and and neither Kelly or Ward have looked anything other than Championship players this season.
We need to upgrade the protection offered to the back four by the midfield.
They are under constant pressure because teams just stroll through the middle of the park. We also give away very stupid free kicks in perfect positions for opposition specialists.

That's not that I disagree with you that our back four have been shit this season.