Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-01-2017, 09:32 AM

westsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewestsussexcpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If England make the next world cup finals and had to play Ivory Coast, they would probably lose, particularly if the likes of Henderson are playing.
Southgate will do as he is told by the FA geriatrics and pick players from the big clubs.
He won't pick a team with players in form regardless of the club.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:41 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Hmm, choice of Ivory Coast or England ...

I know which I'd expect to be more successful, and it wouldn't be England.
Old 11-01-2017, 09:42 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
No young English player plays the same style as Wilf to the same effects. Such a rare talent, beating players for fun and making them look stupid. Yet he hasn't been able to get a look in ahead of average players like Lingaard & Townsend. Sam Allardyce's biggest mistake as CPFC manager was not picking Zaha for England when he had the chance. The guy gets destroyed by pundits and papers and accused of being a diver and a show pony, he is given zero respect in this country, treated like shit and you can't blame him for turning his back.. This entire affair has made me hate the England set up even more than I did before- underachieving, short sighted, big club loving, incompetent, serial failures. And the party really getting hurt as a result is Palace. Best of luck to him, but it has left such a bitter taste in my mouth.
Nicely put
Old 11-01-2017, 09:47 AM

muswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I am disappointed that Hodgson, Allardyce and Southgate all chose not to select him. I think there is a personality clash with Henderson as a result of what was poor behaviour by Wilf when he was much younger, but we see what England is missing every week.

Wilf has reached an age when he cannot continue to just wait in the hope of a call up and he is lucky that he can choose to play for another country, so he cannot be held to ransom by England.

The pitches in Gabon may not be very good and in those circumstances, it will be interesting to see how he copes with a bobbling ball. I just hope he comes back fit and ready for the rest of the season.

I hope I am wrong, but don't blame me, I voted remain
Old 11-01-2017, 09:51 AM

eagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by muswell eagle View Post
I am disappointed that Hodgson, Allardyce and Southgate all chose not to select him. I think there is a personality clash with Henderson as a result of what was poor behaviour by Wilf when he was much younger, but we see what England is missing every week.

Wilf has reached an age when he cannot continue to just wait in the hope of a call up and he is lucky that he can choose to play for another country, so he cannot be held to ransom by England.

The pitches in Gabon may not be very good and in those circumstances, it will be interesting to see how he copes with a bobbling ball. I just hope he comes back fit and ready for the rest of the season.
I don't know much about what happened with Henderson, but if that is the case then I agree it is pretty poor.

Henderson is nothing special at all. Very limited player, limited creativity, hardly provides lots of assists or goals. He is easily replaceable with other decent but average players.

Wilf brings something completely different that no one else has, so even if not a regular starter should always have been in and around the squad instead of Henderson
Old 11-01-2017, 09:58 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by muswell eagle View Post

The pitches in Gabon may not be very good and in those circumstances, it will be interesting to see how he copes with a bobbling ball.
It'll just be like training with Palace.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:36 AM
Stroud1

minch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohar's Penalty View Post
No young English player plays the same style as Wilf to the same effects. Such a rare talent, beating players for fun and making them look stupid. Yet he hasn't been able to get a look in ahead of average players like Lingaard & Townsend. Sam Allardyce's biggest mistake as CPFC manager was not picking Zaha for England when he had the chance. The guy gets destroyed by pundits and papers and accused of being a diver and a show pony, he is given zero respect in this country, treated like shit and you can't blame him for turning his back.. This entire affair has made me hate the England set up even more than I did before- underachieving, short sighted, big club loving, incompetent, serial failures. And the party really getting hurt as a result is Palace. Best of luck to him, but it has left such a bitter taste in my mouth.
Totally agree. Reuters headline says he snubbed England but in fact England snubbed him. Ironically SA had the a chance albeit briefly to select him for the England squad and didn't and is now paying the price.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:50 AM

Johnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
One day England will play Ivory Coast, and if Wilf plays, he will show England just what they have missed. Thank goodness he loves CPFC!
Old 11-01-2017, 11:01 AM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Byrne View Post
One day England will play Ivory Coast, and if Wilf plays, he will show England just what they have missed. Thank goodness he loves CPFC!
It's weird that I actually hope you're right. I do think the occasion might get to him if it does happen though. He might try too much.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:05 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
The way he has been treated by the England set up sort of highlights the issues there for me. I'm convinced most England internationals are identified as being the 'right sort' of player at a young age, and this is more down to attitude than ability. I'm thinking of players specifically like Henderson.

Talented players like Wilf, who offers something to the team no other English player brings, should always be allowed a way back in.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:56 PM

Bubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBubble Wrap came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Byrne View Post
Yes Loves CPFC so much he buggered off to United.
Now at a time when we need him he buggers off to play in a nothing tournament after throwing a hissy fit after Pardew got sacked. If Pardew was still at the club Wilf would not have gone.
100% he will be off to Spurs in the Summer, Wouldn't be surprised if the deal has already been done and Wilf allowed to stay until the Summer.
Some fans are deluded into thinking the players are loyal to their clubs, their loyal to the best cash offer that comes along.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:21 PM
Aching Arms

LONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is here
Just scored opening goal in a friendly with the mighty Uganda.

Edit - It's Wilf first International goal (?) - putting Ivory Coast 2-0 up in Friendly with Uganda - Kodija scoring first, relatively easy warm up match and Wilf has now been subbed, looks in very good shape. 3-0 looks to be final score.

Visit http://achingarms.co.uk/

Last edited by LONDONMAN; 11-01-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:25 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor43 View Post
Great translation haha, gotta love Google translate.
see my signature for another classic google translate
Old 11-01-2017, 03:47 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Video of his first goal...
Old 11-01-2017, 08:04 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Is he the only player to make his international debut for 2 countries against the same country?
Old 11-01-2017, 08:10 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEWU came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Video of his first goal...
Website is a shocker atm, no video.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Asbo

Pubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePubface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
Is he the only player to make his international debut for 2 countries against the same country?
Hell of a stat if true.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:18 PM

eagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeagleforlife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Gary Neville said he doesn't blame Zaha for choosing Ivory Coast as he's 'not ready' for England.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:21 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Good luck to Wilf , Playing for England is no big deal .
Old 11-01-2017, 08:27 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleforlife View Post
Gary Neville said he doesn't blame Zaha for choosing Ivory Coast as he's 'not ready' for England.
I like Neville as a pundit,I think he's great actually,but he can't be serious?How many players have been better than Zaha in the last 12 months?Lallana,Kane,Alli?Any others?