Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:30 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU View Post
Website is a shocker atm, no video.
Try this:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-01-2017, 08:34 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Byrne View Post
One day England will play Ivory Coast, and if Wilf plays, he will show England just what they have missed. Thank goodness he loves CPFC!
I'd support Ivory Coast!

**** the England football team!
Old 11-01-2017, 09:46 PM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPalace23 View Post
I'd support Ivory Coast!

**** the England football team!
Even if Wilf is a Spuds player?
Old 11-01-2017, 10:16 PM

cazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
As an Aussie who has loved seeing my national side qualify for 3 consecutive world cups after a 32 year absence last week I thought you were all crazy.

Now after this 48 team world cup debacle I tend to agree.

2005 qualifiying against Uruguay for us was the greatest sporting moment of my life. Now it seems to have been diluted to nothing. World Cup was everything to me as a kid even when Australia wasn't there.

I'm over international football.

Last edited by cazza83; 11-01-2017 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:32 PM

cazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecazza83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by LONDONMAN View Post
Just scored opening goal in a friendly with the mighty Uganda.

Edit - It's Wilf first International goal (?) - putting Ivory Coast 2-0 up in Friendly with Uganda - Kodija scoring first, relatively easy warm up match and Wilf has now been subbed, looks in very good shape. 3-0 looks to be final score.
I hope those crazy Ugandan Brighton fans don't give him to much shit.

We've all heard about the massive support the weeds have in Africa.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:33 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Just for the hell of it I took a look at Zaha's stats on the premier league website thingy and then checked out Jesse Lingard's. You have to bear in mind that Zaha is now knocking on the door of 100 prem appearances whereas Lingard still has less than 40.

Zaha now has 10 goals and 10 assists to his name, Lingard the grand total of 4 and 3 respectively so pro-rata it is very similar. I wonder if Match Of The Day will ever dig out Lingard's stats to demonstrate that he has 'no end product'.

The most interesting thing for me was the defensive stats though, where in many cases Zaha's stats absolutely dwarf Lingard's. Talking here about recoveries made, 50/50 tackles won, that sort of thing. I guess you have to bear in mind that Zaha plays for a team which defends much more on average so he has more need to do that sort of thing but even so it kind of belied the myth that he lacks defensive discipline.

Zaha has a slightly higher crossing accuracy and of course rains in many more crosses. The only stat where Lingard came out clearly higher was number of passes per game. This will be where he taps he ball 5 yards sideways to his dabbing mate Pogba.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:56 AM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Just to add that in an almost identical number of premier league appearances to Zaha, our man Andros Townsend has 10 goals and 6 assists to his name.

I might do a more direct comparison of Zaha, Townsend, Lingard and Walcott next time I'm bored at work
Old 12-01-2017, 09:45 PM

vitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
AFCON 2017
Monday Jan 16th 16.00 Ivory Coast v Togo
Hopefully Wilf will start?
Live on Eurosport 1
Old 13-01-2017, 09:27 AM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
Just to add that in an almost identical number of premier league appearances to Zaha, our man Andros Townsend has 10 goals and 6 assists to his name.

I might do a more direct comparison of Zaha, Townsend, Lingard and Walcott next time I'm bored at work
They're also alongside better players who should provide more accurate assists and a higher percentage of finishes. Therefore Wilf is the best on stats as well as best on the eye.
Old 13-01-2017, 09:36 AM

Indeed...a number of variables at play here and they are not all directly similar types of player but since Zaha found his route into the England squad effectively blocked by these three I thought it would be interesting to take a look.

I pulled off the raw data on the train en route to London this morning as it goes so I might have a quick fiddle over the weekend and put something up for review. I can see already that there are some quite revealing comparisons.
Old 13-01-2017, 10:43 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
see my signature for another classic google translate
And mine.
Old 13-01-2017, 01:03 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Even if Wilf is a Spuds player?
If Wilf was a Spuds player I wouldn't be interested in the game between England and Ivory Coast.
Old 14-01-2017, 01:29 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Old 16-01-2017, 01:00 PM
89 pts and EPL ready HAHA

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
Old 16-01-2017, 01:06 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Neymar is OTT but good stats there

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball
Old 16-01-2017, 01:18 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteddieskyclad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
Just for the hell of it I took a look at Zaha's stats on the premier league website thingy and then checked out Jesse Lingard's. You have to bear in mind that Zaha is now knocking on the door of 100 prem appearances whereas Lingard still has less than 40.

Zaha now has 10 goals and 10 assists to his name, Lingard the grand total of 4 and 3 respectively so pro-rata it is very similar. I wonder if Match Of The Day will ever dig out Lingard's stats to demonstrate that he has 'no end product'.

The most interesting thing for me was the defensive stats though, where in many cases Zaha's stats absolutely dwarf Lingard's. Talking here about recoveries made, 50/50 tackles won, that sort of thing. I guess you have to bear in mind that Zaha plays for a team which defends much more on average so he has more need to do that sort of thing but even so it kind of belied the myth that he lacks defensive discipline.

Zaha has a slightly higher crossing accuracy and of course rains in many more crosses. The only stat where Lingard came out clearly higher was number of passes per game. This will be where he taps he ball 5 yards sideways to his dabbing mate Pogba.
Although Lingard scores a goal every 570 minutes compared to Wilf's one goal every 670 minutes and is only at the start of his career. Wilf has clearly upped his game.

If you took this seasons stats out of the equation Wilf was way down at a goal every 850 minutes. Whichever way you look at it before this season Wilf's stats were shocking. This season he's been involved in a goal every 164 minutes. Prior to this season it was one goal every 509 minutes (Lingard is involved in a goal every 328 minutes)

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 16-01-2017, 01:58 PM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Buzzing for their game later. Hope he starts.
Old 16-01-2017, 02:32 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post
Neymar is OTT but good stats there
He's as good as Neymar on the ball, it's the rest of his game that isn't there yet. If it clicks, he could be talked about as one of the greatest imo
Old 16-01-2017, 02:50 PM

Pete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
Although Lingard scores a goal every 570 minutes compared to Wilf's one goal every 670 minutes and is only at the start of his career. Wilf has clearly upped his game.

If you took this seasons stats out of the equation Wilf was way down at a goal every 850 minutes. Whichever way you look at it before this season Wilf's stats were shocking. This season he's been involved in a goal every 164 minutes. Prior to this season it was one goal every 509 minutes (Lingard is involved in a goal every 328 minutes)
Its stating the obvious but Lingard plays for Man Utd, which is to say that he's playing with better players against teams with worse players almost every week. This is exemplified by the comparison between Zaha's defensive stats and Lingard's passing stats.
The only thing missing from Wilfs game now is a few performances against the big teams. He appears to have a bit of an issue with these games and I don't think its based upon facing better opponents.
Old 16-01-2017, 03:22 PM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Wilf starts! 4pm Eurosport 1