Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 08-08-2018, 05:10 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by croydonexile View Post
He's staying.

End of
It's not end of it just means he gets splinters in his arse. He's trying to get ahead of three players for one place in a midfield three and all three players are more experienced.

Sarris criticism of him is a lack of tactical awareness (not a surprise given the total lack of matches played) that's fine for a team aiming for 10th you expect inconsistent performance. But for team going for champions league places when there's 4 spots and 6 teams IMHO he's buggered. It's a question of when he realises it himself.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:15 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
that is on the surface a fair point, but it is undermined by the fact that you are being criticised for being dismissive of RLC and insisting that you know how he thinks...

I think RLC would be better of getting game time at this stage of his career and dont think his weaknesses will be tolerated (and therefore not ironed out by game time) by Chelsea.

But who knows and if he plays in the league cup and Europa League and is sensational why can't he force his way in. What his motivations and thought processes are though, I have no idea.

He may simply love Chelsea and his lifelong dream has been to play first team football for Chelsea and no one else.
Maybe that's how it is. I registered my opinion and never claimed I knew it for a fact. Do I know RLC would leave Chelsea in a heartbeat for a guaranteed start at a club of equal stature? No. Do I believe it? Yes, and I suspect many others here would too. Some posters have said as much.

And thank you for debating me by offering your own theory rather than telling me my opinions are based on a toys-out-of-pram disappointment at RLC's decision not to return here. And you didn't call me a 'twat' just for venturing my opinion like that other prick did so thanks for that also!
Old 08-08-2018, 07:09 PM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb23 View Post
Good luck to him. He'd have gone hell-bent to force through a move to us by now if he wanted it. Will spend the next year playing cup football and the occasional PL sub appearance, the England call-ups will dry out and he'll sit there wondering where it all went wrong. And we'll all know.

He ain't getting near those centre mid spots with Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante and Fabregas in front of him. Not to mention Bakayoko, Barkley and Drinkwater, who he is about on a par with.

Just to say I know Chelsea have a big say in where they loan their players out to, but I just wanted to sound dramatic!
I reckon he'll go out on loan every other year, if the Euros are on or it's a World Cup year. And pocket the cash and kudos associated with Chelsea in the meantime. Those gluteus maximus injuries are going to be hard for him to grow out of. What a slamming indictment of modern football that playing at a 'big' club is more important than actually being part of a team and developing as a player to the fullest.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:15 PM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
that is on the surface a fair point, but it is undermined by the fact that you are being criticised for being dismissive of RLC and insisting that you know how he thinks...

I think RLC would be better of getting game time at this stage of his career and dont think his weaknesses will be tolerated (and therefore not ironed out by game time) by Chelsea.

But who knows and if he plays in the league cup and Europa League and is sensational why can't he force his way in. What his motivations and thought processes are though, I have no idea.

He may simply love Chelsea and his lifelong dream has been to play first team football for Chelsea and no one else.
Even if he loves Chelsea his dream of playing for them regularly would be better served by playing football elsewhere and ironing out the tactical weaknesses and gaining experience so he can nail down a first-team spot. I'd understand him not wanting a permanent transfer if he does love Chelsea. But I just don't understand why he wants to stay there, unless Sarri has been very positive in private about his chances of breaking through. We shall see, and I will watch his progress with interest.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
Maybe that's how it is. I registered my opinion and never claimed I knew it for a fact. Do I know RLC would leave Chelsea in a heartbeat for a guaranteed start at a club of equal stature? No. Do I believe it? Yes, and I suspect many others here would too. Some posters have said as much.

And thank you for debating me by offering your own theory rather than telling me my opinions are based on a toys-out-of-pram disappointment at RLC's decision not to return here. And you didn't call me a 'twat' just for venturing my opinion like that other prick did so thanks for that also!
Adrenalin John is one of the better posters on here for sure. Good reply.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:07 AM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Great shame and a big mistake by RLC. We need to sort out our plan B loans Asap
Old 09-08-2018, 12:21 AM
face and voice for radio

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:

All of the above could well be true.

If it is his specs have severe rose tint, his agent is bad. he's been poorly advised or any combination of this.

I still have a feeling that if he comes this way, Wilf will be going the other. So I would be happier to see him on a season-long loan somewhere else.

Last edited by JDawg; 09-08-2018 at 12:25 AM.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:33 AM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
I don't actually think it's such a bad idea for RLC to stick around for a bit and try to get some game time for Chelsea. There's always the January window if he doesn't and a foreign loan if it's clear nothing's doing straight away.

Werner Herzog
Old 09-08-2018, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
I don't actually think it's such a bad idea for RLC to stick around for a bit and try to get some game time for Chelsea. There's always the January window if he doesn't and a foreign loan if it's clear nothing's doing straight away.
At least he can say he 'plays' for a 'big' club. Even though the reality is he is being stockpiled in the reserves by a side that has no chance of winning the league for the next 5 years at the very least. Would he risk only moving in Jan if it was a World Cup year? No.

Still, hope we keep a loan spot open for him for Jan. Gut feeling though is he will realise his mistake and be gone by then - a season-long loan to a top European team beckons.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:54 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Still, hope we keep a loan spot open for him for Jan. Gut feeling though is he will realise his mistake and be gone by then - a season-long loan to a top European team beckons.

Schalke04 have apparently lost a player on a Bosman so maybe they would work for RLC and Chelsea.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:09 AM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Padovano View Post
Macca, Townsend, Meyer, Kouyote, Puncheon, Luka, Schlupp and Reidewald for 4 midfield slots.

We're in good shape.
He's wily, that Kouyate.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:40 AM

EaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesSnapBack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Kneevil View Post
He's wily, that Kouyate.
Well played sir, well played
Old 09-08-2018, 07:51 AM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
I see people have taken the news that he is staying at Chelsea calmly
Old 09-08-2018, 07:53 AM

srh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
chelsea have just signed another midfielder, so rlc's opportunities will be the league cup and the odd cameo. what a waste
Old 09-08-2018, 11:18 AM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Fabregas, Drinkwater, Barkley, Bakayoko (although looks like he is going out on loan). He's not going to get a look in, such a waste.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:18 AM
Casual user

Catford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I still believe!* Come on, RLC, you know it makes sense.

*Not that that means anything, I'm a complete tosser.

Last edited by Catford Eagle; 09-08-2018 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:04 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
I reckon he'll go out on loan every other year, if the Euros are on or it's a World Cup year. And pocket the cash and kudos associated with Chelsea in the meantime. Those gluteus maximus injuries are going to be hard for him to grow out of. What a slamming indictment of modern football that playing at a 'big' club is more important than actually being part of a team and developing as a player to the fullest.
Basically exactly what I said yesterday, except you didn't get slated by a dickhead. RLC would leave Chelsea in a heartbeat provided he didn't have to take a step down from a 'big club' as you put it. He's got maybe a season to figure out how flawed his thinking is or he will be left behind by all the other talented 23 year-olds who are still developing their potential with actual game time. Football is basically Darwinism in action, especially these days.

And in case a certain dickhead says my attitude is sour grapes because RLC didn't come here, I think it's a shame that RLC refused to take a step down to ANY other club in the Premier League. England needs midfield penetration more than any other quality, based on the WC. No one was running through from midfield, a capability RLC distinctly has. Hopefully RLC bites the ego bullet and allows himself to play football for a lesser light, even if it's unlikely to be us. England needs RLC more than the club whose bench he sits upon and has clearly shown, by their actions, considers him a bit part player at best.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:19 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
I still think we’ll try to the bitter end on this
Old 09-08-2018, 01:22 PM

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
I still think we’ll try to the bitter end on this
Wouldn't surprise me either
Old 09-08-2018, 01:40 PM
Banned by Moderators

Fandango : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFandango : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFandango : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFandango : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFandango : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFandango : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFandango : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFandango : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFandango : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFandango : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFandango : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
RLC was having a Chelsea photo shoot a while ago so that might tell us something.