Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 09-08-2018, 10:54 PM
Banned by Moderators

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Low View Post
After the last game of last season he was the first to take his shirt off and throw it in the crowd. His body language said (to me, at least) that he wasn't coming back. Good. He was only ever average. Hodgson clearly sees something that I don't but it will be interesting to see where RLC's career goes over the next year or two
To be fair to RLC we don't know what the manager has told him. If he goes out on loan he may well be in same situation next year. If he is advised properly he may see what happens over next few months and if he is totally overlooked he should hand in a transfer request. I also agree that he wasn't that great for us. I think we made/ helped him look good. I was surprised at the clamour for him to be picked by England. Andros was more effective. But then Chelsea don't own AT.
Old 13-08-2018, 08:23 PM

Yogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I see he has rejected loan move to Schalke as he wants to force himself into Chelsea team. He said he would review again in January. Hopefully works out for us.
Old 13-08-2018, 09:06 PM
Cookies make life better

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
I doubt he'll get into double figures for Chelsea appearances this season
Old 13-08-2018, 09:12 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Fair play to him. You can only hope it works out well for him... and he returns here

Clinton Morrison
Old 13-08-2018, 09:19 PM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Just a thought, but why were no other PL clubs linked with him? Are we being over-romantic about his spell with us? I think he need to see Mayer, its not impossible that we've moved on.
Old 13-08-2018, 09:26 PM
face and voice for radio

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
If what we here is correct, he wants to stay at Chelsea and Chelsea weren't offering him.

He had a strong end to the season, was injured for the middle chunk and wasn't a guaranteed starter for the early part (under both managers).

Given we've recruited to fill the gaps left by YC and RLC, its entirely possible we've moved on.
Old 13-08-2018, 09:28 PM

Lprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Massively naive of him to think he was going to get into that Chelsea midfield currently, especially when a new manager has come in that has zero loyalty.

hopefully that 2nd loan spot will come in useful come Jan!
Old 13-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Nice line in the Guardian on why Schalke want RLC on loan - it's to take the place of Max Meyer
Old 13-08-2018, 10:26 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post
Just a thought, but why were no other PL clubs linked with him? Are we being over-romantic about his spell with us? I think he need to see Mayer, its not impossible that we've moved on.
Possibly. No need to rush the new players in though. Give them time to settle and understand Roys systems first. He's a good player but they can feck off for a 10 million per year loan.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 13-08-2018, 10:34 PM

Pete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is herePete79 Sam the man is here
There's a question about how good RLC was in the team last season so I took a look at the stats.

Last season RLC started 21 games and was subbed on for a further 3 games. In the games he missed we averaged 0.88 points/game. In the games he started we averaged 1.38.

The pattern for when he played and when he was absent is interesting. He only played 4 times in the first 8 games. He was a fixture under Roy when our form picked up between October and December. He then got injured but this coincided with our injury cirsis and during a run of tough games. He returned alongside others, including Wilf, and we went on a great run at the end of the season.

So its no wonder why Roy likes him, he's associated with both of our runs of form last season. However he missed the two toughest parts of our season (as did Wilf) which makes his impact seem greater than it was. Nethertheless we won 4 games without him in the side and he played on the left with Wilf and PVA, arguably our two best players (IMO).

Which is supported by the game against Fulham when Zaha and PVA played well (especially PVA) and Schlupp, playing in RLC's position, benefited from this. It will be interesting to see how Ayew does there, if that's where he's used. I'm confident we won't miss RLC too much. The real issue is whether Meyer can replace Cabaye...
Old 13-08-2018, 10:42 PM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post
He isn't as good as some made out. Very talented player, but needs to influence games more frequently to really establish himself and I think he sometimes lacks a little urgency in his play. He only really stepped up in the latter part of last season, and prior to that we only saw flashes of what he was capable of.
If Sarri is going to play 4-3-3 then I think RLC is going to struggle to get any playing time. I think much of his game time also depends whether Sarri views him as a midfielder or a wide player. He clearly believes in his own ability and that is good to see
Old 13-08-2018, 10:47 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I really dont think hell make it at Chelsea - was decent for us and has talent but won't make the grade imo and will ultimately up at a mid table club like palace
Old 13-08-2018, 11:17 PM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogya View Post
I see he has rejected loan move to Schalke as he wants to force himself into Chelsea team. He said he would review again in January. Hopefully works out for us.
Would he have tried this if it was a World Cup year? No. Don't blame him for trying, although the smarter thing would have been to come on loan to us for the season and force his way in after that. I reckon though that this way there might be a chance we can buy him permanently in Jan (which would have been impossible in the summer just gone).
Old 14-08-2018, 01:23 AM

PalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is here
Southgate dropping him from an England squad or two would help us
Old 14-08-2018, 01:58 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
Nice line in the Guardian on why Schalke want RLC on loan - it's to take the place of Max Meyer
Yep, I thought that would have been a nice little triangle.
Old 14-08-2018, 02:03 AM
Banned by Moderators

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
I am not that convinced with RLC as an individual. I think we suited him as he could dovetail with wilf and Andros when CB was absent. Had a good understanding with PVA as well. Hoping Meyer is as good as the hype.
Old 14-08-2018, 02:21 AM

plectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
There's a question about how good RLC was in the team last season so I took a look at the stats.

Last season RLC started 21 games and was subbed on for a further 3 games. In the games he missed we averaged 0.88 points/game. In the games he started we averaged 1.38.

The pattern for when he played and when he was absent is interesting. He only played 4 times in the first 8 games. He was a fixture under Roy when our form picked up between October and December. He then got injured but this coincided with our injury cirsis and during a run of tough games. He returned alongside others, including Wilf, and we went on a great run at the end of the season.

So its no wonder why Roy likes him, he's associated with both of our runs of form last season. However he missed the two toughest parts of our season (as did Wilf) which makes his impact seem greater than it was. Nethertheless we won 4 games without him in the side and he played on the left with Wilf and PVA, arguably our two best players (IMO).

Which is supported by the game against Fulham when Zaha and PVA played well (especially PVA) and Schlupp, playing in RLC's position, benefited from this. It will be interesting to see how Ayew does there, if that's where he's used. I'm confident we won't miss RLC too much. The real issue is whether Meyer can replace Cabaye...

Benteke will never start scoring regularly again and Wickham wont play and perform at top level again.

(living in hope!)

**** it whilst we are at it; we wont qualify for Europe this season 18/19
Old 14-08-2018, 06:29 AM

Johnintheusa1 is just too good for youJohnintheusa1 is just too good for youJohnintheusa1 is just too good for youJohnintheusa1 is just too good for youJohnintheusa1 is just too good for youJohnintheusa1 is just too good for youJohnintheusa1 is just too good for youJohnintheusa1 is just too good for youJohnintheusa1 is just too good for youJohnintheusa1 is just too good for youJohnintheusa1 is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
I am not that convinced with RLC as an individual. I think we suited him as he could dovetail with wilf and Andros when CB was absent. Had a good understanding with PVA as well. Hoping Meyer is as good as the hype.
Not sure there really is hype around Meyer. Hopefulness? Undoubtedly. But reading these pages, I don't see anyone going overboard on his talent.
Old 14-08-2018, 08:22 AM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When RLC’s big moment came in Russia he bottled it. Sometimes these opportunities only come once in life. He may live to regret that one..
Old 14-08-2018, 08:24 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
Me too. We haven't replaced the composure, decision making and midfield nous.