Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 26-08-2018, 06:51 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is here
Made the bench today. Unused though.
Old 26-08-2018, 10:15 PM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Such a waste of talent, could have played a full 90 minutes today.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:34 PM

norwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnorwoodeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Interesting to read reports of the England Switzerland game and RLCs performance. All reported that he lacked the edge and drive that was so much part of his game at Palace.
If only we could get him back. Who knows perhaps the Jan transfer window will provide a late Christmas present.
Old 13-09-2018, 12:15 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
The likes of RLC and Rashford need to leave the cosy bench of the top teams and get some serious game time with other willing clubs.

How are they going to impress people ... by playing week in, week out. Then, they may get picked for their parent club.
Old 13-09-2018, 12:31 AM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwoodeagle View Post
Interesting to read reports of the England Switzerland game and RLCs performance. All reported that he lacked the edge and drive that was so much part of his game at Palace.
If only we could get him back. Who knows perhaps the Jan transfer window will provide a late Christmas present.
I think some of our fans now overate this guy. He is young and has some potential,but if you look at last season he was our 4th best midfielder.
For me our best midfielder last season was Luka followed by Jimmy Mc then Cabaye. Jimmy Mc is still being under rated by our fans imo. Luka has been terrible so far,but will improve. With the two new signings I think our midfield is stronger than last year. Only 4 games gone. Things will get better.
Old 13-09-2018, 12:45 AM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
The likes of RLC and Rashford need to leave the cosy bench of the top teams and get some serious game time with other willing clubs.

How are they going to impress people ... by playing week in, week out. Then, they may get picked for their parent club.
Apart from impressing people, how do they think they’re going to improve or reach their potential if they aren’t playing matches every week at this stage in their careers?
Old 13-09-2018, 01:01 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
January move possible if he doesn't get the games he wants?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 13-09-2018, 01:05 AM

sheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE View Post
I think some of our fans now overate this guy. He is young and has some potential,but if you look at last season he was our 4th best midfielder.
For me our best midfielder last season was Luka followed by Jimmy Mc then Cabaye. Jimmy Mc is still being under rated by our fans imo. Luka has been terrible so far,but will improve. With the two new signings I think our midfield is stronger than last year. Only 4 games gone. Things will get better.
The three you mentioned are decent players but all lack that edge, that ability to make a 10 metre break when in the opponents final third, taking out 3 players in one dribble, that turned possession into goal scoring chances.

There's only a handful of players at Premier League level who can do that as well as Loftus Cheek did at times for us. Maybe 7 / 8 max. That's why I so many rate him.
Old 13-09-2018, 01:45 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
When we play them: "He wants to come home, he wants to come home, oh Loftus-Cheek he wants to come home"

Old 13-09-2018, 02:12 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
When we play them: "He wants to come home, he wants to come home, oh Loftus-Cheek he wants to come home"

I wont be condoning the singing of anything quite so cringy and embarrassing as that, sorry Shipp
Old 13-09-2018, 02:18 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
The three you mentioned are decent players but all lack that edge, that ability to make a 10 metre break when in the opponents final third, taking out 3 players in one dribble, that turned possession into goal scoring chances.

There's only a handful of players at Premier League level who can do that as well as Loftus Cheek did at times for us. Maybe 7 / 8 max. That's why I so many rate him.
I tend to agree with Andy, your analysis focusses around the fact that RLC sometimes makes good runs with the ball, but the other three all have a superior and consistent all round game and overall, imho, on average, they contribute more to the team when they play than RLC has done
Old 13-09-2018, 02:47 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I wont be condoning the singing of anything quite so cringy and embarrassing as that, sorry Shipp
Worked with Wilf
Old 13-09-2018, 04:58 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
As Elton John once sang, ‘it’s a sad, sad situation...and it’s getting more and more absurd.’

He’ll be 23 come the January transfer window; what is he waiting for? A player of his talent and promise should’ve had 5 seasons of experience under his belt already. He’s only got what? Seven? Eight good years ahead of him?? At this rate, by the time he gets up a good head of steam it will be time to retire! Talk about letting life pass you by.

Contrast this with Frank Lampard. By the time he was 23, he’d played nearly 150 games for West Ham. Would he have gone on to be the same player if in that time he’d instead played 24 bit part games for Chelsea and 24 for a loanee club? I very much doubt it.
Old 13-09-2018, 06:50 AM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
The problem for anyone signing him in January will be lack of match fitness and theyll have to contend with the niggling injuries he'll get as his body reacts to the sudden change of game time.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 13-09-2018, 07:46 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
The good thing in the long run is kids are going to be put off going to the big sides and signing long contracts. The longer and more public this is the better for English football and clubs outside the top 6 who will actually play them.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 13-09-2018, 08:11 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
The good thing in the long run is kids are going to be put off going to the big sides and signing long contracts. The longer and more public this is the better for English football and clubs outside the top 6 who will actually play them.
But will they. The RLC situation may be well published but the kids are as you say, kids. It's their pushy parents that will be guiding them aided by smooth talking by the club.

With all that in mind how many parents will say to their kids, '' son, I think you'll be better off with Brentford, because you have more chances of game time than Chelsea ''.

How many of those kids and parents are intelligent enough to see the truth of the issue.

Would wilf have had so many professional games under his belt if he'd chosen Chelsea over palace by the time he was 20?
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 13-09-2018, 08:18 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
But will they. The RLC situation may be well published but the kids are as you say, kids. It's their pushy parents that will be guiding them aided by smooth talking by the club.

With all that in mind how many parents will say to their kids, '' son, I think you'll be better off with Brentford, because you have more chances of game time than Chelsea ''.

How many of those kids and parents are intelligent enough to see the truth of the issue.

Would wilf have had so many professional games under his belt if he'd chosen Chelsea over palace by the time he was 20?
I was only really selfishly thinking of the Premier League sides as you are right anyone will still pick Chelsea over Brentford but when it comes to Palace/West Ham over Chelsea more might start seeing the value in joining us because RLC would have had 100 appearances by now if he came through our academy and he still played for England based on his form for us, whether he got into the squad because he belonged to Chelsea remains to be seen but I hope Southgate picked him on merit.

Wilf/Clyne/Moses albeit the latter 2 left us but only for clubs our now current size have all thrived from playing football.

I can only see the media in the long run backing players who withdraw from the top sides as the national team and Southgate are starting to make a public issue of it. I don't want RLC to fall behind but him being dropped from the next England squad would send a bold message to the young players in the national youth set ups. We want players who play football week in week out and you aren't going to get that with the biggest sides.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 13-09-2018, 08:57 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
At the end of the day I guess it’s all about what means more to RLC; the higher wage and glamour of Chelsea or actually playing games elsewhere and reaching your professional potential. It’s as simple as that IMO. Barring a massive injury crisis, he ain’t starting consistently for Chelsea anytime soon.

Last edited by bubbs11; 13-09-2018 at 08:59 AM.
Old 13-09-2018, 09:36 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
It's sad to think the level hed currently be at had he 150+ first team games by now. He needs to come back to Selhurst where the pressure is off and he can truly express himself. I think it will happen on loan at the very least but it's one we should definitely be pursuing permanently given his value won't be rising anytime soon.

Clinton Morrison
Old 13-09-2018, 10:19 AM

The Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think Southgate’s willingness to pick young players based on talent and performances has and will continue to put those young squad players at big clubs (Like RLC,Rashford, etc) under pressure to make a choice of game time over status/money - if they have any international aspirations. This has to be for the good of the English game.

The more this issue is in the spotlight the better for the likes of us. Well done Gareth!