Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 20-03-2008, 07:56 PM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Any BBSers going Saturday. I was toying with the idea, but the guys I tend to go to Bromley with are all away so probably wont now
Old 20-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Jason
Any BBSers going Saturday. I was toying with the idea, but the guys I tend to go to Bromley with are all away so probably wont now
I'm hoping to go, though I'm not 100% certain now,If not I'll do the home game with cambridge on monday.

Bromley need 6 points over the easter to keep their fading play off chances alive.............I can't see them beating Eastbourne away though,they're a bit tastey,but stranger things have happened I guess.
Old 21-03-2008, 12:54 PM

Beckenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeckenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'll be there. I'll be drinking in the Gildredge by the station from about midday. I'll be the bloke getting drunk on stella wearing the gsx1400 jacket
Old 21-03-2008, 01:03 PM

howard is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Going to Sheffield with Palace but, hope to be down the lane on monday.
Old 21-03-2008, 11:52 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm definately going now,should be fun In the snow.

a few Palace going by the look of It.
Old 22-03-2008, 12:25 AM
Running from the B-Mob

DJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screenDJ Laz has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally posted by monkey
I'm definately going now,should be fun In the snow.

a few Palace going by the look of It.
Come in the The Martello --- if you dare!!

Langney CPFC!
Old 22-03-2008, 09:40 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
A good win at the league leaders 2-1.

Why are Bromley all over the chart with their form at the moment? Sounds like a bunch of players that can only raise their game (or be arsed) for the bigger games.
Old 22-03-2008, 09:54 PM

howard is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fearhoward is a gunboat in a sea of fear
Just back from Sheffield & was very surprised to see Bromley had won 2-1 away there. Going down to see them on Monday, hope they have saved some effort for then!
Old 22-03-2008, 10:30 PM
Wellington NZ

TN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
changed my mind at 10am so went to eastbourne - what a good result. Match and performance of the season, superb away support too. More info when im more sober.
Old 23-03-2008, 10:58 AM
amore sui terrazzi

Sandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Congrats to Bromley on an unbelievable result. Another one was Fisher 0 Hampton 3, beavers now have breathing space, 5pts clear of 6th.

Off to Middx Cup Final on Monday vs Hendon at Uxbridge. Come on you Beavers!

Any views expressed are my own, not of my employer.

It is football banter!
Old 23-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Made in Bromley

superb performance from Bromley,totally outplayed eastbourne from start to finish,1-2 flattered them,I was surprised how poor they were.If It wasn't for their keeper Hook who looked a good keeper and got their man of the match award Bromley could have had a hat full.

The sending off looked harsh at the end,I haven't read any reports and we'd started to walk up the other end as It happened so didn't get a clear view but it looked like De Bolla got a straight red for diving!!!

As TN-16 said earlier great support for Bromley as well,quite enjoyed It behind that goal second half when brom scored!!

They're right back in the promotion hunt,especially as I found out something from someone In the know at the club yesterday,Hampton and Fisher can't go up because of their grounds apparently and Its to late to do anything about It now,so If they finish in the play off places those places in the play offs will go to the 6th and 7th placed teams.So there could be a back door In as well.
Old 23-03-2008, 01:42 PM

Ryan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just been on a conference south guide site and it actually shows that Bromley are the form team in the league at the moment. If they can keep that up and what monkey says is true then the play-offs aren't impossible.

p team w d l gd pts
1 Bromley 4 1 1 7 13
2 Cambridge City 4 1 1 5 13
3 Braintree Town 4 1 1 5 13
4 Eastleigh 4 0 2 5 12
5 Havant & Waterlooville 3 2 1 6 11
6 Bognor Regis Town 3 2 1 4 11
7 St Albans City 3 1 2 6 10
8 Thurrock 3 1 2 5 10
9 Lewes 3 1 2 1 10
10 Eastbourne Borough 3 0 3 7 9
11 Hampton & Richmnd 2 3 1 3 9
12 Newport County 3 0 3 0 9
13 Welling United 3 0 3 -2 9
14 Bishop's Stortford 2 2 2 1 8
15 Hayes & Yeading Utd 2 1 3 0 7
16 Dorchester Town 1 4 1 -3 7
17 Fisher Athletic 2 1 3 -5 7
18 Bath City 1 3 2 -3 6
19 Maidenhead United 1 1 4 -9 4
20 Basingstoke Town 0 2 4 -8 2
21 Weston-Super-Mare 0 2 4 -10 2
22 Sutton United 0 2 4 -10 2
Old 23-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Made in Bromley

I posted up that hampton can't go up because of their ground,heres something from the non league daily on the subject.

Hampton & Richmond have hit out at speculation the club will not be eligible to take part in the play offs because of ground grading issues.
It's all stations go at Beveree at the moment,with the deadline to reach the 'B' grade needed to stay in the Blue Square South just over a week away (march 31).
And with the Beavers riding high in the table-third before saturdays games-further changes will be needed if they arwe to aim for promotion through the play offs.
For the 'B' grade,the club require 250 covered seats in one place.To play in the play offs,a further 250 are needed.
Club spokesman Les Rance has revealed that should Alan Devonshire's side finish in the top five,Hampton have a contingency plan in place to get their ground up to scratch.
Rance said:"our grandstand has 200 seats and we are Installing and extra 50,which will bring us up to the required 250.
As I understand it,to go up we would need another 250 seats.we have 100 in another stand,and if it gets to that,we will hire an extra 150-seat stand to make up the shortfall."
Rance admitted the next week will be a rush for the Beavers,but their efforts to Improve Beveree have been made easier by a good deed from another non league club.
"we're putting In a fixed turnstile and it looked like we were going to have to pay 250 until Corinthian-casuals told us they had a spare one lying around and we could take it off their hands for free" he added.
The remaining work includes installing two new dugouts and an extra toilet block.
Old 24-03-2008, 10:52 AM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Does anyone know if today's game is on, given the weather ?
Old 24-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Wellington NZ

TN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hillsTN16_Eagle has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Quote:
Originally posted by Jason
Does anyone know if today's game is on, given the weather ?
Fully expect it to be on, the snow is only just starting to settle here in Biggin Hill which is always a few degrees colder than Bromley, and at Hayes Lane we have one of the best drainage systems in the league. Very unusual a home match is called off.

Last edited by TN16_Eagle; 24-03-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 24-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Made in Bromley

I hope Its on,I'm leaving home soon and Its not exactly down the road for me anymore!!

Had a bit of a flurry down here earlier but nothing major.
Old 24-03-2008, 02:07 PM

Ryan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRyan_the_eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
club site says the pitch passed a pitch inspection, so we are definantly on.
Old 24-03-2008, 02:15 PM

Excellent. I'd better get a move on and head to the game then !
Old 24-03-2008, 02:25 PM
amore sui terrazzi

Sandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Quote:
Originally posted by monkey
I posted up that hampton can't go up because of their ground,heres something from the non league daily on the subject.

Hampton & Richmond have hit out at speculation the club will not be eligible to take part in the play offs because of ground grading issues.
It's all stations go at Beveree at the moment,with the deadline to reach the 'B' grade needed to stay in the Blue Square South just over a week away (march 31).
And with the Beavers riding high in the table-third before saturdays games-further changes will be needed if they arwe to aim for promotion through the play offs.
For the 'B' grade,the club require 250 covered seats in one place.To play in the play offs,a further 250 are needed.
Club spokesman Les Rance has revealed that should Alan Devonshire's side finish in the top five,Hampton have a contingency plan in place to get their ground up to scratch.
Rance said:"our grandstand has 200 seats and we are Installing and extra 50,which will bring us up to the required 250.
As I understand it,to go up we would need another 250 seats.we have 100 in another stand,and if it gets to that,we will hire an extra 150-seat stand to make up the shortfall."
Rance admitted the next week will be a rush for the Beavers,but their efforts to Improve Beveree have been made easier by a good deed from another non league club.
"we're putting In a fixed turnstile and it looked like we were going to have to pay 250 until Corinthian-casuals told us they had a spare one lying around and we could take it off their hands for free" he added.
The remaining work includes installing two new dugouts and an extra toilet block.
I'll get an update this evening but my understanding is that Hampton will get the ground up to standards by the end of March.

I hope they do, if they finish. In the top 5 then they deserve to participate in the playoffs. At the moment the Beavers are the 3rd best team in the league, not bad for the favourites for relegation!!! Dev Army.

Any views expressed are my own, not of my employer.

It is football banter!
Old 24-03-2008, 05:58 PM

Bromley won 3-1 today Beckford, McDonnell and Hockton with the goals. Good performance from the boys once they started playing. De Bolla looked very good in my opinion. Funniest moment was the kid getting squirted in the face, what makes it worse was it wasn't even that kid having a go all match.