Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 30-08-2015, 08:52 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
This one is clearly going to turn out to be a very good signing. He's an ideal centre forward for the way we play, bringing our fast and skilful attacking support players into the game. A Mark Bright type, more than a Glenn Murray.
Old 30-08-2015, 08:57 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
He grew into the game. Personally i thought he had a poor first half, gave away a free kick in a dangerous area under no pressure and like norwich nearly cost us a pen.He also missed a sitter. 2nd half i thought he relaxed and grew in confidence, linking up well with the midfield and widemen.Deserves to keep his place.
Old 30-08-2015, 09:07 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
He grew into the game. Personally i thought he had a poor first half, gave away a free kick in a dangerous area under no pressure and like norwich nearly cost us a pen.He also missed a sitter. 2nd half i thought he relaxed and grew in confidence, linking up well with the midfield and widemen.Deserves to keep his place.
He will get better once he settles in . There is a very good player there and we just need to coax it out .
Old 30-08-2015, 09:14 AM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have been impressed by Wickham in the short time I've seen him play....of course he is not up to speed yet, he is being rotated with Murray, playing in one of the toughest leagues in the world and been up against decent teams, and has a big price tag......all of our best centre forwards needed time to settle in and blossom....Wright, Armstrong, Morrison, Johnson, Murray all had the benefit of a lower profile start because of our league position, Sako has benefited from hitting the net twice and is instantly loved, if Wickham had scored rather than hit the post against Arsenal he would already be getting more positive press. Seems the right player for us
Old 30-08-2015, 09:52 AM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He will get better game by game, he is just 22. He does concern me at corners and giving away a penalty I just hope it is not in a big game.
Old 30-08-2015, 09:55 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
thought he was excellent yesterday and perfect for our system
Old 30-08-2015, 10:09 AM
CPFC LOYAL

Heath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeath eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
thought he was excellent yesterday and perfect for our system
Spot on
Old 30-08-2015, 10:09 AM

chrystalsfan wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskchrystalsfan wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskchrystalsfan wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskchrystalsfan wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskchrystalsfan wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskchrystalsfan wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskchrystalsfan wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskchrystalsfan wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskchrystalsfan wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskchrystalsfan wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at duskchrystalsfan wrote that song of summer that blackbirds sing at dusk
Wasn't excited about this signing, and the jury's still out for me, but it's early days. I just hope they have a word with him about being more careful defending corners.
Old 30-08-2015, 10:12 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Just needs to be careful now. Been highlighted twice now for fouls in the box defending corners and refs will start to look for it.

I think he is making a good start. He is very comfortable on the ball for a big guy and his layoffs were excellent. Just needs the striker smarts/experience adding to what he has and he will be a top player. Early days but very good signs.
Old 30-08-2015, 10:13 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Just needs one goal, and then I reckon they'll start flowing for him. Goals are coming from everywhere on the pitch for us atm, just wait until Wickham starts scoring!
Old 30-08-2015, 10:14 AM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
I don't think he's one of those strikers that will ever hit a load of goals in a season.
Old 30-08-2015, 10:15 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He just needs game time.
Was excellent yesterday.
Shows what an upgrade he is.
Old 30-08-2015, 10:20 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Agree about his defending from corners - he's almost certain to give away pens if he continues to defend like that. I thought the Norwich one could easily have been given; I didn't think yesterday's was a pen but some homer refs would have given it.

Last 20 mins he played really well. If he can replicate that across the 90 then he'll be a real handful.
Old 30-08-2015, 10:22 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Liked his hold up play too.
Old 30-08-2015, 10:57 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
First half I thought he was a bit weak, he kept falling over, maybe to be fair to him he was under instruction to gets fouls but it wasnt working.

2nd half he stood up alot more and was much improved, really good link up play.

One area where he needs to improve is getting free in the box for crosses, he seemed to be hiding behind the back post once or twice but this is an area where he could learn from Murray.

Overall though with his extra mobility I think he was very good.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 30-08-2015, 11:12 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobiinthelastmi View Post
I don't think he's one of those strikers that will ever hit a load of goals in a season.
Agree with this. Very much like how Jerome was for us but better.

Dont think he has much instinct in the box, and have generally been a little disappointed with his aerial presence. However his movement outside the box and his general hold up and link up play (with his feet) is excellent. Technically the best forward we have at the club but certainly needs to add other aspects to his game.

Yesterday had a poor first half and then grew into the game. That said he was up against probably the best centre back and got little help from the ref.
Old 30-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
His link up play is very clever.
Think he might get sent off quite a few times and he needs to stop holding players shirts.
Old 30-08-2015, 11:31 AM
pdemeagle @eaglism

eaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When the 2nd went in I initially presumed it was Wickham and thought 'nice one Connor' thinking it was a good way for him to get off the mark, was obviously delighted and astounded when I realised it was Ward but...

for me once Wickham gets his first, sooner rather than later hopefully, he'll be more confident as our CF, has looked like he can be the man to me so far !

Proud of the lads that saved us in 2010/11 and of the Lads who brought us up 2012/13 and then kept us in the PL in 2013/14, at last !

Honestly never thought I'd see a CPFC win at Old Trafford in my Lifetime, I will always remember Manchester United 1-2 Crystal Palace on 30/11/11, not to mention Dazzas Goal :D
Old 30-08-2015, 11:49 AM
Asta La Vista Doggies

jordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
First half I thought he was a bit weak, he kept falling over, maybe to be fair to him he was under instruction to gets fouls but it wasnt working.

2nd half he stood up alot more and was much improved, really good link up play.

One area where he needs to improve is getting free in the box for crosses, he seemed to be hiding behind the back post once or twice but this is an area where he could learn from Murray.

Overall though with his extra mobility I think he was very good.
Pretty much how i saw it.
He needs to get confidence and attack space in the box a bit more.
Some musicians are meant to be heard but not seen - merely an auditory experience and nothing more. Berlin's IAMX, on the other hand, isnt merely a band... it's an event - a full-on aural and visual attack with the dynamic and inimitable Chris Corner (of Sneaker Pimps) leading the charge.
Old 30-08-2015, 12:42 PM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
Don't do this very often, completely agree with your post. Grew into the game and held the ball up really well in the second half.