Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-08-2015, 08:00 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Looked good i thought, but where Murray would win a free kick Wickham too often gives one away.

Needs to learn from Glenn.
Agree, Murray is a bit of a sly Fox. Connor hasn't got that yet.
Old 16-08-2015, 08:23 PM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think he will improve with game time. I think he will be good for us.
Old 16-08-2015, 08:57 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
He didn't get bullied by their back 4.

He won a lot of headers.

He had very little service and was incredibly isolated for the first half. Just like Murray was at Norwich.

There are also people on this thread who want Gayle to stay who are slagging Wickham's workrate... Are you on drugs?

If he'd taken his chance, he'd have had the perfect centre forward's performance. Small margins.
He headed the ball into the arsenal CBs several times and got a bit lucky with the rebounds. He kept pulling up. Mutch was ahead of him often in the second half winning headers. Leaving us no where to go.

Yes he has good feet for a big man. But that was not a good number 9 performance. The ball didn't stick and a lot of the time. He had two little spells where he did ok and that was on the deck.
Old 16-08-2015, 10:00 PM
Howdy Ho!

adzcharlton was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramaadzcharlton was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramaadzcharlton was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramaadzcharlton was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramaadzcharlton was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramaadzcharlton was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramaadzcharlton was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramaadzcharlton was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramaadzcharlton was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramaadzcharlton was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panoramaadzcharlton was infamous for 15 minutes and appeared on Panorama
I like the guy. Bit short tempered but yet to be booked.

"fan" in block 1 row c in Whitehorse today would not stop moaning all game about him. Had made his decision on Wickham before the game started. Great example your setting to tour kids about what it is to support your team. You should always be behind them.

I get annoyed don't get me wrong, but I don't sit there and moan all game, especially when Wickham played well against Arsenal for Godsake.
Old 16-08-2015, 10:14 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
The Connor Wickham thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Not for me, sorry. Bad signing.

After 1 and a bit games? You are ******* kidding me. Some of us are believing we are legends in our own mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 16-08-2015, 10:19 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
He headed the ball into the arsenal CBs several times and got a bit lucky with the rebounds. He kept pulling up. Mutch was ahead of him often in the second half winning headers. Leaving us no where to go.

Yes he has good feet for a big man. But that was not a good number 9 performance. The ball didn't stick and a lot of the time. He had two little spells where he did ok and that was on the deck.
Mutch was ahead of Murray several times at Norwich as well. Just the way we play now under Pardew.

I thought Wickham worked hard enough, chased them down quite a few times

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 16-08-2015, 10:20 PM
No longer a student

StudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
After 1 and a bit games? You are ******* kidding me. Some of us are believing we are legends in our own mirror.
Being written off by macstar is a pretty good endorsement on previous form.

Strava profile
Old 16-08-2015, 10:29 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
As I said before I've seen him play approximately 17 times.....overall
Old 17-08-2015, 08:44 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
And once or one and a bit times for Palace....

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 17-08-2015, 08:51 AM
Stealing your cat

Essexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Looked good i thought, but where Murray would win a free kick Wickham too often gives one away.

Needs to learn from Glenn.
Agree. If he can learn to buy a free-kick every now and again that would help his game a lot.

If he can not pick up the incessant diving following by charging around like a bull trying to pick up red cards that Murray seems to have brought to his game these days, that would be great too.
Old 17-08-2015, 09:47 AM

beds83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebeds83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebeds83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebeds83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebeds83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebeds83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebeds83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebeds83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebeds83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebeds83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebeds83 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just smacking the post was a decent sign.

Running at pace, got half a yard on his marker and got a difficult to hit, clean strike away. very unlucky but the movement was there, anyone who thinks they could of done better is lying, i would of probably volleyed it out for a throw in!

He will score goals for us though, you get maybe 1 or 2 chances against the big teams, it didn't come off for him today but it will
Old 17-08-2015, 09:49 AM

pardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is here
Not good enough. Get rid.
Old 17-08-2015, 09:50 AM

AddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought he did ok yesterday to be honest. Think he will turn out to be a good signing.
Old 17-08-2015, 10:00 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Thought he did ok but he will get much better wen he has six or so games under his belt. He's got the attributes to be a very good No 9, although I'd like to see him be a bit more aggressive. Will be interesting to see if he can score the goals though - I thought he showed good instincts for his shot that was unlucky to hit the post.
Old 17-08-2015, 10:18 AM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Mutch was ahead of Murray several times at Norwich as well. Just the way we play now under Pardew.

I thought Wickham worked hard enough, chased them down quite a few times
Opinions hey! I didn't think Wickham worked particularly hard, certainly not as hard as Murray would have worked also not the presence Murray is. I thought he looked woefully short of confidence, that should come back after 5 or 6 games and a goal or 2. Got the talent to be a top player but needs to be ready to work hard and leave it all on the pitch as the likes of Delaney, Dann do.
Old 17-08-2015, 10:19 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
Opinions hey! I didn't think Wickham worked particularly hard, certainly not as hard as Murray would have worked also not the presence Murray is. I thought he looked woefully short of confidence, that should come back after 5 or 6 games and a goal or 2. Got the talent to be a top player but needs to be ready to work hard and leave it all on the pitch as the likes of Delaney, Dann do.
That I can agree with. He looked very short on confidence and he always seemed to be in too minds whether to press the Arsenal CBs.
Old 17-08-2015, 10:30 AM

Robin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He had a decent enough game. The problem was all about service. He isn't going to do well if he isn't seeing the ball. If he has to keep dropping deeper then he will never succeed especially as a lone striker. Our midfield was not balanced so when the ball got forward it felt like there was no one up front, not exclusively but for long periods. Also consider the way arsenal played to counter our team. You can only really judge his success when we see him against more comparable opposition.

He is most certainly a big lad though and looked in fair fitness, he will not get bullied by defenders for sure! He needs to learn to push the bullying tactics to muzza levels though, against Norwich muzza showed what can be done and is an important job to be done!
Old 17-08-2015, 10:32 AM

Robin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRobin_mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by pardew's shorts View Post
Not good enough. Get rid.

I want someone to say this to you 90 minutes into your new job....
Old 17-08-2015, 10:33 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_mick View Post
I want someone to say this to you 90 minutes into your new job....
give him a chance, he hasn't left school yet

Only 'blue sky' opinion allowed on here please, this isn't a discussion forum.
Old 17-08-2015, 10:36 AM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
He'll score on Saturday.