Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Maybe my expectations were lower or something but I thought he did OK. The positives for me were that he won headers from McCarthy's kicks which is no mean feat against the Arsenal CBs, He showed and when he did get a pass I thought he held up well against the challenge and laid it off well. He has better control and 'faster feet' than I had remembered. I particularly liked the fact that a couple of times he got across and in front of the defender in the box which is all about instinctive/intelligent timing, strength and pace. He clattered the bar/post with the chance he had but I thought he did pretty well to get there. Unlucky because if that had gone in I think the overall response would have been more upbeat.

TBH I thought his performance yesterday was better than Murray's at Norwich and clearly against far better CBs.

I don't get the impression that he is the guy to chase the ball down into the channels. I don't mean that he is won't do it, more that I don't think he has that sort of long burst pace but I might be wrong.

This is from one viewing of the match in RT and I will try and watch it again later.
Old 17-08-2015, 10:41 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
I was impressed by what I saw on TV. Happy to hear that he put himself about well off the ball, as that wasn't always shown on TV.

He'll be an important part of the team this year.
Old 17-08-2015, 11:14 AM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Slightly surprised there isn't a headline of

Wickham blames sticky balls for his missed chance

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 17-08-2015, 11:31 AM

IanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIanH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought it was a strange signing, but he looks okay from what I have seen so far. I do think he lacks goals though which is a worry as neither Zaha or Bolasie are prolific either!
Old 17-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Thought he played well, but very isolated up top yesterday.
Old 17-08-2015, 11:45 AM
4th Generation Palace

palace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Maybe my expectations were lower or something but I thought he did OK. The positives for me were that he won headers from McCarthy's kicks which is no mean feat against the Arsenal CBs, He showed and when he did get a pass I thought he held up well against the challenge and laid it off well. He has better control and 'faster feet' than I had remembered. I particularly liked the fact that a couple of times he got across and in front of the defender in the box which is all about instinctive/intelligent timing, strength and pace. He clattered the bar/post with the chance he had but I thought he did pretty well to get there. Unlucky because if that had gone in I think the overall response would have been more upbeat.

TBH I thought his performance yesterday was better than Murray's at Norwich and clearly against far better CBs.

I don't get the impression that he is the guy to chase the ball down into the channels. I don't mean that he is won't do it, more that I don't think he has that sort of long burst pace but I might be wrong.

This is from one viewing of the match in RT and I will try and watch it again later.
Well summed up. My thoughts exactly.
Old 17-08-2015, 12:19 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
He'll score on Saturday.
33 goals in 166 games suggests he may not!
Old 17-08-2015, 12:20 PM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_mick View Post
I want someone to say this to you 90 minutes into your new job....
I wouldnt worry - he has done that on every other new-ish player thread this morning. #bantz or #wittz or whatever
Old 17-08-2015, 12:30 PM

GB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Do you actually hope that Palace players fail? Do you sit in the ground hoping he miss controls it, hoping that he doesn't win a header just so you can come on here and act like a twat.

Support him in a Palace shirt or piss off a support someone else.
Old 17-08-2015, 12:39 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
How many strikers do you know who were prolific at his age?
Old 17-08-2015, 01:16 PM

Crystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrystal Chris came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Let's not forget that he hasn't played that No.9 role often or recently, and it takes time to sync with new teammates. Besides that he did well yesterday, and looked very promising.
I think he has all the necessary attributes to be a massive player for us.

Super Kevin Phillips
Old 17-08-2015, 01:36 PM

SmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Saved me 10 minutes typing.
Old 17-08-2015, 01:46 PM

DHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Nothing to complain about - the chance was not an easy one. The ball in was phenomenal but the pace he was arriving at, and managing to get in front of the defender, he could easily have stuck it in the top tier of the Holmesdale.

I was impressed with his hold up play and he made life far tougher for the Arsenal centre backs than some of our other strikers might have been able to in recent years. People saying he appeared lazy, look at how deep the rest of the team was sitting when Arsenal got in possession, there was absolutely no point him charging around at full speed while Mertesacker and Koscielny knocked the ball to each other.

Not necessarily at full match sharpness, but he should be able to do a job against Villa if given an opportunity.

Last edited by DHeagle; 17-08-2015 at 01:49 PM.
Old 17-08-2015, 01:55 PM

I understand that we would like the CF to score a hatful of goals but Pards has said oodles of times that the way we set up it's less about the CF scoring 20+ goals and more about several of the midfielders chipping in with something like 6-10 each (dependent upon appearances). So Cabaye, Puncheon, Yala, Wilf, Chamakh will be expected to bring home their share too. CBs should rack up 6 or more between them.

This isn't a shock as this is the way the Premiership is going generally. There haven't been more than 3 players scoring 20 goals or more since 2009/10 in the Prem and 12 goals last year put you in the top 10 goalscorers for the season. 14 would make you 6th highest.
Old 17-08-2015, 02:02 PM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
I think he will grow into an exciting player - he was isolated and did not get any real service yesterday - he had to pick up scraps - but he is quick, strong with good technique - any CF outside the top four struggles against Arsenal as they have the greater possession and pin the opponent back...give him time
Old 17-08-2015, 02:14 PM

CPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Slightly surprised there isn't a headline of

Wickham blames sticky balls for his missed chance

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Did anyone even check to see if Lee Mason had sticky hands?

Please join the Southern California Palace Supporters pages.

Twitter https://twitter.com/CPFC_SoCal
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/cpfcsocal/
--
Looking for a Dallas Realtor?
Old 17-08-2015, 04:24 PM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuglebob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thought he had a good game, although needs to go short towards the near post in front of the CBs when the ball comes in from wide more. Several times our crosses were cleared without challenge. I think he's going to be a hit, double figures for goals tally I reckon.
Old 18-08-2015, 11:37 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
Wickham seemed to me to be Gareth Tayloresque.... not really giving us a pattern of play and not a threat on goal. Early days but.... lack of killer pace and craft. Murray would give much more threat on the goal and contribute more holding / bringing people into the play.
Old 19-08-2015, 06:36 AM

Astrophical : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAstrophical : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAstrophical : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAstrophical : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAstrophical : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAstrophical : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAstrophical : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAstrophical : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAstrophical : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAstrophical : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAstrophical : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If his shot was a few inches to the left, people on this forum would be raving about him. His full debut for us, starting upfront in-front of players he's only been working with for two weeks, I thought he did really well. Won alot in the air, and most he did win was controlled back into teammates. Worked incredibly hard and against other teams where he'll have more chances, I think he'll look really good.
Old 19-08-2015, 07:00 AM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrophical View Post
If his shot was a few inches to the left, people on this forum would be raving about him. His full debut for us, starting upfront in-front of players he's only been working with for two weeks, I thought he did really well. Won alot in the air, and most he did win was controlled back into teammates. Worked incredibly hard and against other teams where he'll have more chances, I think he'll look really good.
Agree with all of that. It was an excellent full debut. Really looking forward to seeing him again on Saturday.