Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 13-06-2018, 02:09 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommercialStone View Post
Why not sell Benteke for 80m and have some money left for other transfers?
Irony, I love it
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 13-06-2018, 02:13 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Wing back, left back, same thing.
He's a winger
Old 13-06-2018, 02:14 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfclife View Post
He's actually a left winger, but because of the system Chelsea and Newcastle play, he's been playing as a wing back
Not sure I agree with that he's a wingback/LB/ML exactly the same as PVA and Schlupp. A lot of his professional experience appears to have been in those positions ergo he's not a winger. Wingers are a 442/424 thing and a particularly UK thing that most other countries don't really seem to use their wider players tend to be more versatile.

At this point we don't use our 'wingers' as wingers we don't use the edges of the pitch and cross from out wide. We use the channels or cutbacks from the byline.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 13-06-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Old 13-06-2018, 02:19 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
He's a winger
Can play there, can play wing back, can play left back. I assume we'd sign him as a winger though.
Old 13-06-2018, 03:26 PM

PemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Can play there, can play wing back, can play left back. I assume we'd sign him as a winger though.
For what purpose - to be back up to Wilf or Andros ?

Would rather pursue Schurle for the difference and a realignment of our attacking options.
Old 13-06-2018, 03:29 PM

LuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
He is at one of Europes biggest clubs and is bemoaning his lack of playing time. He may not want to go to a big club where he may have a real issue in getting game time. He is still pretty young so he needs to be playing every game to develop.

We would be an ideal opportunity to do that.

He has also played LB i think so his defensive work is pretty solid.

As a one in one out if we could sell Townsend and bring in Kenedy for the same/similar money then would people do it?
I would not disagree with any of what you have said, and yes he is an outstanding prospect infact i would say he looked the finished article at Newcastle as the season wore on. And was probably the main reason for their upturn in form that got them to safety.
At Chelsea for whatever reason he was unable to convince Conte of his quality and kept getting ignored, it was only his form at Newcastle that got him noticed and i think he would accept if he went to one of the big Foreign clubs you are Not guaranteed an immediate starting place, look at Dembele at Barca, Bale at Madrid, di Maria at PSG.
Unfortunately i think we have no chance of attracting him now but he would be a superb capture if it were possible, far more likely to be coming in the next few weeks will be Livermore and Antonia as they are much more Roy type of signings.
Old 13-06-2018, 03:38 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan555x View Post
It must be so shit being a Newcastle fan if its true they wont cough up 20 million. Thats pretty standard for a good player these days and Kenedy is a very very good player. Does seem like something Mike Ashley would turn down.

If its true we should be all over it.
I think their biggest problem is Benitez hasn't signed a new deal yet has he? Looks like the Spanish FA are eyeing him up for the national role.
Old 13-06-2018, 04:42 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
I think their biggest problem is Benitez hasn't signed a new deal yet has he? Looks like the Spanish FA are eyeing him up for the national role.
Really hope they take him!
Old 13-06-2018, 05:39 PM

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Rather we did our dough on a cente mid playmaker and a number ten myself
Old 13-06-2018, 05:58 PM

The Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Drive Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Has definitely got some quality about him but I’d prefer Lookman or even Bolasie for less dough!
Old 13-06-2018, 07:33 PM
Come on Palace

cpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Not sure I agree with that he's a wingback/LB/ML exactly the same as PVA and Schlupp. A lot of his professional experience appears to have been in those positions ergo he's not a winger. Wingers are a 442/424 thing and a particularly UK thing that most other countries don't really seem to use their wider players tend to be more versatile.

At this point we don't use our 'wingers' as wingers we don't use the edges of the pitch and cross from out wide. We use the channels or cutbacks from the byline.
He's more of a Townsend than he is a PVA, that makes him a winger. PVA could fill in Townsend's role, because of his attacking ability, that doesn't make him a winger/attacking midfielder (right side) or inside forward.

If we signed Kenedy, he could and probably would play where RLC played in a 442, or where Wilf/Andros play in a 433. Not as a left back in either formation, hence making the comment about already having 2 left backs for X amount of money, pointless
Old 13-06-2018, 07:44 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Kennedy?
Nah. His Four Seasons grinds my gears....
Old 13-06-2018, 09:41 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
He's more of a Townsend than he is a PVA, that makes him a winger. PVA could fill in Townsend's role, because of his attacking ability, that doesn't make him a winger/attacking midfielder (right side) or inside forward.

If we signed Kenedy, he could and probably would play where RLC played in a 442, or where Wilf/Andros play in a 433. Not as a left back in either formation, hence making the comment about already having 2 left backs for X amount of money, pointless
We do not use wingers. Pardew and BFS did and the football was ******* atrocious more so under BFS.

Roy does not. We play a wierd narrow strikerless 442/344 hybrid 'thing' with LM, RM that come inside to make the overload and wide forwards that are allowed to roam from side to side. The width and additional overload comes from the full backs in that one or both play like WBs pushing up. Mostly PVA pushes up and the RB sits.

Townsend plays as a wide forward or false 9. Under BFS he played as a traditional winger on the left. Under Roy at Palace or England he hasn't really used him as a traditional winger ever and he plays on the right. Why are so many people on this forum so keen to change up a formation and tactic that works? Personally I think it's wierd but it absolutely works. So it should not be messed with.

Kenedy has spent most of his time in the UK playing LM or LB. He's not a winger based on the bulk of his actual game time and not football manager, he might have started out that way as a kid but now he's a LM that can play LB. Schlupp is a LB that can play LM. PVA and Schlupp are the most analogous players given the bulk of his professional 'mens' football has been in those positions. Even more so given that Schlupp and Kenedy both started out as strikers as far as I can see.

I can see how he might be a good RLC substitute but if we are going to spend 20M on a Chelsea player then it should be going on RLC who is just that little bit bigger, stronger and is a UK home grown player and can play LM, RM, CAM and CM.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 13-06-2018 at 09:52 PM.
Old 13-06-2018, 10:13 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
We do not use wingers. Pardew and BFS did and the football was ******* atrocious more so under BFS.

Roy does not. We play a wierd narrow strikerless 442/344 hybrid 'thing' with LM, RM that come inside to make the overload and wide forwards that are allowed to roam from side to side. The width and additional overload comes from the full backs in that one or both play like WBs pushing up. Mostly PVA pushes up and the RB sits.

Townsend plays as a wide forward or false 9. Under BFS he played as a traditional winger on the left. Under Roy at Palace or England he hasn't really used him as a traditional winger ever and he plays on the right. Why are so many people on this forum so keen to change up a formation and tactic that works? Personally I think it's wierd but it absolutely works. So it should not be messed with.

Kenedy has spent most of his time in the UK playing LM or LB. He's not a winger based on the bulk of his actual game time and not football manager, he might have started out that way as a kid but now he's a LM that can play LB. Schlupp is a LB that can play LM. PVA and Schlupp are the most analogous players given the bulk of his professional 'mens' football has been in those positions. Even more so given that Schlupp and Kenedy both started out as strikers as far as I can see.

I can see how he might be a good RLC substitute but if we are going to spend 20M on a Chelsea player then it should be going on RLC who is just that little bit bigger, stronger and is a UK home grown player and can play LM, RM, CAM and CM.
Yes, prefer RLC.
If we are looking at a loan striker, I hope we're making a massive effort to get RLC back, whether on loan or permanently. We had a combination of forward players that really worked, playing some beautifully intricate football, towards the end of the season. I still watch that Zaha goal against Leicester over and over again. Goal of the season for me. Superb.
Old 13-06-2018, 10:43 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan555x View Post
It must be so shit being a Newcastle fan if its true they wont cough up 20 million. Thats pretty standard for a good player these days and Kenedy is a very very good player. Does seem like something Mike Ashley would turn down.

If its true we should be all over it.
To be fair they have just announced a 90m loss
Old 13-06-2018, 11:12 PM
This was a triumph.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Yes, prefer RLC.
If we are looking at a loan striker, I hope we're making a massive effort to get RLC back, whether on loan or permanently. We had a combination of forward players that really worked, playing some beautifully intricate football, towards the end of the season. I still watch that Zaha goal against Leicester over and over again. Goal of the season for me. Superb.
The second one was bloody good too, come to think of the third one was decent too.
Old 14-06-2018, 12:27 AM
Come on Palace

cpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfclife : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

I don't disagree with what you are saying about the system/set up we play under Roy, but you are getting away from my original point, which was that, I don't think Kenedy should be seen as 'another left back' comment
Old 14-06-2018, 09:11 AM
This was a triumph.....

Quote:
I don't disagree with what you are saying about the system/set up we play under Roy, but you are getting away from my original point, which was that, I don't think Kenedy should be seen as 'another left back' comment
Well maybe thats fair but based on his actual UK experience at what three clubs he's a LM that can play LB and there's plenty of ex widemen that have been converted into WB ie they have to be able to defend and attack and get up and down the pitch looks like he's one of those.

I think we need a RM/AM or another RWB on the other side IF andros or AWB gets injured we are fooked.
Old 14-06-2018, 11:44 PM
Waterproof member

JHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Good post! What he said
Old 15-06-2018, 12:32 AM
This was a triumph.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHJ EAGLE View Post
Good post! What he said
So I was wondering if I was being unfair so I took a look at his stats on WhoScored and did a comparison for offensive stats

Kenedy
Goals 2
Assists 2
Shots Per Game 1.8
Key Passes 1
Dribbles 1.2
Pass Success 77.2%
Fouled per game 1.5
Average Rating 6.95

Andros
Goals 7
Assists 2
Shots Per Game 1.7
Key Passes 1.8
Dribbles 2.3
Pass Success 78.6%
Fouled per game 1.3
Average Rating 7.11

Ruben
Goals 2
Assists 3
Shots Per Game 1.3
Key Passes 1.1
Dribbles 3
Pass Success 82.4%
Fouled per game 2.6
Average Rating 7.08

As back up player maybe on loan with an option to buy but he's way off Andros on dribbles and key passes which are the two things that are very important for the way we play under Roy and Ruben just looks to be a better player for what we want in terms of being an AM and taking pressure off Wilf.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 15-06-2018 at 02:29 AM.