Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 26-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1
Wasn't we regularly linked with another w/c player that summer? Defender i think.
I'm sure Alexi Lalas was mentioned at some point

davemorris04 doesn't take getting things wrong very well. A feeble excuse of a Palace fan ...chin up
Old 26-04-2013, 08:32 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc
I'm sure Alexi Lalas was mentioned at some point
That's him the yank centre half, cheers.
Old 26-04-2013, 08:58 AM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Didn't Armstrong get Orpington pissheads player of the year , was that the season he came down the pub to help us raise cash for our injured keeper? He was going to "pop in" and iircc got a cab home as he stayed for ages and had few beers?. Remember he pissed off the millwall lot( good bunch honest!) in the pub that night

Yep.

Him and his missus came to a pub in Locksbottom, think he may even have had a pint or two. I had about 6 or 7 I was so excited and threw up when I got home!

He was a really good, down to earth lad though. Had time for everyone, loved the 'hero worship' we had for him at the time but not in a big headed way. He was totally flattered by it.
Old 26-04-2013, 09:27 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radders
Yep.

Him and his missus came to a pub in Locksbottom, think he may even have had a pint or two. I had about 6 or 7 I was so excited and threw up when I got home!

He was a really good, down to earth lad though. Had time for everyone, loved the 'hero worship' we had for him at the time but not in a big headed way. He was totally flattered by it.
Even more palace present than normal as word had spread and that's before mobiles/emails etc . Yeah he was very down to earth. Didn't realise you'd thrown up
Old 26-04-2013, 09:44 AM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Even more palace present than normal as word had spread and that's before mobiles/emails etc . Yeah he was very down to earth. Didn't realise you'd thrown up

Was battered! So we're Darren & Ingy if memory serves!
Old 10-06-2018, 09:16 PM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here

Nice to see the club upload some clips from yester year. Certainly recognise a few faces from the crowd Great day, and great memories . .

davemorris04 doesn't take getting things wrong very well. A feeble excuse of a Palace fan ...chin up
Old 10-06-2018, 09:40 PM

stumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstumpy feelers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There I am!
Old 11-06-2018, 09:50 AM

prizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If only someone had posted a video of the entire season...oh wait, i did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
*prizesucker's suggestion about shallow nets shows he's a true connoisseur of the beautiful game :)
Old 11-06-2018, 02:53 PM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was at Ayresome Park that day ! Was a great season.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 13-06-2018, 01:34 PM

BuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Wasn't we regularly linked with another w/c player that summer? Defender i think.
Not Lalas...Eric Wynalda!

Forest finished 3rd in the EPL in '95 and we were miles better than them in '94. Another missed opportunity from us to establish back then when we really had good enough players to avoid relegation after just one season!
Old 13-06-2018, 01:35 PM

BuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuktaBoy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
And Wynalda scored a free-kick against Switzerland at USA '94...Who were managed by...Roy!
Old 13-06-2018, 03:31 PM
Not again Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuktaBoy View Post
Not Lalas...Eric Wynalda!

Forest finished 3rd in the EPL in '95 and we were miles better than them in '94. Another missed opportunity from us to establish back then when we really had good enough players to avoid relegation after just one season!
I assure you we were linked with Lalas. Kennett Anderson was touted and we ended up with Preece. Forest major coup that summer was Bryan Roy who was excellent up top alongside Collymore.

Old 13-06-2018, 03:34 PM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
I assure you we were linked with Lalas. Kennett Anderson was touted and we ended up with Preece.
Yes this is right. Constant linking with both. The Kennett Anderson one I was particularly saddened we didn't get. I also didn't understand how we moved from Anderson to Preece like there was nobody inbetween!
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 13-06-2018, 03:40 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Weren't we also linked to Giuseppe Signori at some point around 1994?
Old 13-06-2018, 03:42 PM
Not again Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Weren't we also linked to Giuseppe Signori at some point around 1994?
yep and Gordon Watson but deal fell through again as Uncle Ron bulked at the terms.

Old 13-06-2018, 04:04 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanet Eagle View Post
I was at Ayresome Park that day ! Was a great season.
Me too , and can see myself and quite a few others on the video . happy days
Old 13-06-2018, 07:18 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Im sure Wynalda had a trial here back in the day..
Old 13-06-2018, 08:56 PM
Dazed & Confused

curly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcurly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcurly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcurly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcurly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcurly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcurly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcurly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcurly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcurly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcurly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddoWolz View Post
Me too , and can see myself and quite a few others on the video . happy days
A great link especially with Gareth Southgate ironicallly finishing the link, I can't wait to finally show my Daughter & Grandsons as giant photo in Red&Blu bar just cropped me out (what a feckin Liberty) thanks JasperCPFC
He's one of our own....
Old 13-06-2018, 09:42 PM
Not again Wayne

be nice if the club's video channel did something similar but featured the "Last Stand" and maybe the presentation of the trophy etc.

Old 14-06-2018, 05:06 PM
Dazed & Confused

curly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcurly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcurly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcurly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcurly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcurly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcurly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcurly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcurly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcurly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcurly c.p.f.c came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why can't I watch video's on my Samsung anymore just says plug*is not supported?
He's one of our own....